Shenna

The Birth of Legacy: Nostalrius Returns

Thank you for taking up the banner. I do have a problem with this, splitting the community is bad, either only do a fresh start or only use the DB. You can't please everyone.

Very cool, can we get some more clarification as to what is going to happen to Nostalrius characters and if a merge will happen?    Also does Elysium have or will have clustering tech to help the NA players not get terrible pings?  Lastly where can we donate?

Thank you.

if they transfer the progressed characters to a new realm that is supposed to be fresh, where is the 'fresh' meaning?

edit-as someone once said:

1. all the vanilla purists who care about "the journey" will opt for fresh start
2. all the players who care any amount about progression will opt for fresh start
3. all the players who want to live in the past while raid logging or simply spam BGs will want to play on an OLD db server while they jerk off over their character login screen at all other times of the day, enjoy being alone.

Edited by paragorn

Will there be a new name or will it stay the same?

Just wanna know for the Legacy Logs launcher.

cheers!

I start playing World of Warcraft since TBC but after Wolk i never liked the new content. So this server it will be a new opportunity to try vanilla :). Thank you!

Edited by Leilly

Thank you Elysium team!!! I'm super excited about this announcement. I'm especially thankful that you are considering a server for both older Nostalrius players and new players (like myself) who want to start fresh and experience what Nostalrius veterans got to experience when it was first launched for them. This tells us that you are not just looking back but also looking forward to grow the community even further than it is now. I'm sure you are preparing for the enormous amount of players who will be migrating to your new servers to make this a smooth launch process as you possibly can and I look forward to starting a new chapter with both old and new players alike. #LongLiveLegacy

Edited by Azothan

Thank you for sheltering us poor refugees. Victims of Blizzards evil and tyrannious rule. I have a question: What will happen if I have the same Character AND Account name already on Elysium and Nostalrius before? The only thing that differs is the password.

Thank you so much! I would like to know as well ; what will happen when the merge happens if I have the same account informations and character name as I did on Nostalrius?

Thank you!

Edited by Kloki

Can we who has chars on Valkyrie also merge with new nost?

That would be cool, even with gear downgrade. I`m tired of that lvling. 

Thank you guys a lot. I wish us all the best. I just hope this thing about handing over the code to EVERYONE is just a bluff directed at Blizz, right? :)

Looking forward to this new start.

Thank you for taking us in.

Edit: When you say 9pm server, whats the UTC offset for where you are hosted?

Cheers!

Edited by Hellford

Hi.

So the new PVP realm will be on AQ War Effort progression. Is there any possibility we can transfer our Valkyrie characters to Elysium at that time? I'm one of the English players whose 60 is now orphaned on Valk. My character's gear isn't progressed beyond AQ obviously. Any chance a transfer of this kind would be opened?

I'm so happy that this will happen but I think 3 servers are a bad idea. The Population on each will be low. Don't split up the community, release only the old db. Most of the ppl that have voted for a fresh start did not even play on nost. They are just jumping the hype train and after a month, when the hype is over, or when they realise that vanilla is nothing for them, they will leave anyway. Please think about it.

I'm so happy that this will happen but I think 3 servers are a bad idea. The Population on each will be low. Don't split up the community, release only the old db. Most of the ppl that have voted for a fresh start did not even play on nost. They are just jumping the hype train and after a month, when the hype is over, or when they realise that vanilla is nothing for them, they will leave anyway. Please think about it.

i agree, but you are jumping to conclusions about things of which you may know nothing, i personally met many people from the realm who would love to continue with a new beginning, you say "they will leave anyway" like some kind of a prophet... there are people who want fresh start, there are people who want their old characters, aside from 3 servers the only fair way to do this is a poll