Shenna

Our official response to Nostalrius — Elysium will prevail!

1 minute ago, gotmilk0112 said:

The token process has been "stopped" for weeks now, m8

it "broke" and nost never fixed it

It didn't broke, nost autismo devs said that they did disable it.

1 минуту назад, Killershama сказал:

Wow really?  That just makes Nostalrius a bunch of pricks now, like what the hell lol

You can check this thread out just to look at the transfer issue and how long transfer had been down.  https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/27008-technical-difficulties-regarding-the-token-generation-procedure-please-try-again-later

Edited by Maxes

So sorry for my misunderstanding, but it's too late now to try to recovery our old character from Nostalrius ? 

1 minute ago, Atoku said:

So sorry for my misunderstanding, but it's too late now to try to recovery our old character from Nostalrius ? 

Yes too late m8

Uh, okay. I just want to say that you've done a great job with getting everything set up, and that it's horrible that they would turn around and burn this all to the ground without any good reason to give.

One thing in particular that I would like to know: I think a lot of the people who plan on sticking with these servers are concerned about what this means for Elysium, at least in terms of the core you're using. You say you've been upgrading it alongside the one that belonged to Nostalrius? If we're going to be running a very similar core, if not better, just know that I'll be there. The amounts of people you've managed to rally are incredible, and I'd hate to see everything fall apart. So many people participated in this, it's mind-blowing. I couldn't even get on to the main Elysium server.

Another thing: Because of the whole, erhm, issue with tokens and character/data transfers, how is that going to work out? I mean, I know that you're going to stop using the Nostalrius data, but would that include like everything on the "Nostalrius PvP" and "Nostalrius PvE" servers or is it going to be just a core conversion and a rebranding or something? I'm sorry, I find this confusing and I don't understand a lot about how this stuff works.

Honestly, though, best of luck to you! Thank you for everything you've done for us!

Just now, Imblurryface said:

Yes it is sadly.

Well...Goodbye my hunter 30 that I try for 2 weeks to recover from tokens Nostalrius. x)

lmfao @ nost cucks, well done Elysium.

Now can Blizzard do anything directly to Elysium like they did to Nost?

Just now, Atoku said:

Well...Goodbye my hunter 30 that I try for 2 weeks to recover from tokens Nostalrius. x)

Someone know if I can create on the new core a character with my old nickname ?

1 minute ago, TECK said:

Blizzard never did anything directly to Nostalrius.

Well, they sent a C&D letter, and Nostalrius forgot it was good paper to wipe their arse in.  But that's about it.

Edited by Gehere

Just now, TECK said:

No cuz owner of this server is Vladimir Putin himself 8)

On 1/10/2017 at 7:22 PM, Healzie said:

I had a friend look at this issue who a little more adept in html then i am, What he did notice was the  submit button has no URL assigned to it, So it literally goes nowhere. There was also a line of coding for it just to throw back an error code of "Token cannot be generated now" Sound familiar?

That isn't an error thats a manual response intentional.

This isn't broken.

And i believe never was.

This has been intentionally disabled. 

Error.png

Nost button.png

Nost button 1.png

Turns out my mate was right then xD

Just now, Greatpiglord10 said:

Im confused so if we made a toon on the Nost server the past month too, its gone now? Or was it auto transferred or do we have to do that ourselves?

It will stay do not worry about that.

4 minutes ago, Greatpiglord10 said:

Im confused so if we made a toon on the Nost server the past month too, its gone now? Or was it auto transferred or do we have to do that ourselves?

Exactly what I'm wondering, I just made a pally yesterday on Nostalrius PvE and I'm wondering if I should just abandon him now and try to move to Elysium?  Nevermind. Already clarified.

Edited by JNH1225
Already clarified

1 minute ago, toniplavna said:

Do we have a date of the conversion? Or we on Nostalrius PVE and PVP realms are stuck for a few days?

It is happening from now...

Over the next few weeks - things will change.

Right now - the Realm Name.

40 minutes ago, Zappa said:

Nostalrius new attitude towards the whole community just makes me speechless and sick.

Their change of mind has to be forced under enormous pressure of Blizzard i guess.

The company which i do NOT want to release official legacy servers after all what has happened!

This, I am pretty certain Blizzard has forced their hand. To be honest, no official legacy servers will ever appear and there are a number of reasons for this; including the fact more people play the latest up-to date version than the legacy versions. It also comes to the point that Blizzard even admitted they've modified their source too much to go back to the old-vanilla. I'm sure they kept copies but for their own reasons they wouldn't ever want a developer to waste their time managing something they deem 'out-dated'. 

It's just sad that the people who wanted Official Legacy Servers have retracted their ambition, showing they're clearly not 'team players' nor are they for any vanilla server that isn't Blizzards. For Blizzard to even warrant an official server it would require money and time, both of which they're not going to spend just because Nost want them to.

Unfortunate reality of this whole thing is that some people are too over-optimistic for something that will never happen, unfortunately.

Edit: Just to reiterate my point that Nostalrius is being used as leverage by Blizzard and probably bundled with a load of false promises. If anything they've now killed their own project and looked like the bad guy during it. Unfortunately for them, it's frowned upon in any workplace/project to suddenly request the user to revoke your source etc when a deal has already been made. 

Edited by Distraught

1 minute ago, mozibake said:

Go home with your froggy tails between your legs just like in 1812, you French shits!  Just as then as now, Holy Mother Russia will never bow to French invaders who claim it's "for their own good".  Allahu Akbar and God save Putin!

Fuck off with your allah u akbar please

4 minutes ago, Distraught said:

This, I am pretty certain Blizzard has forced their hand. To be honest, no official legacy servers will ever appear and there are a number of reasons for this; including the fact more people play the latest up-to date version than the legacy versions. It also comes to the point that Blizzard even admitted they've modified their source too much to go back to the old-vanilla. I'm sure they kept copies but for their own reasons they wouldn't ever want a developer to waste their time managing something they deem 'out-dated'. 

It's just sad that the people who wanted Official Legacy Servers have retracted their ambition, showing they're clearly not 'team players' nor are they for any vanilla server that isn't Blizzards. For Blizzard to even warrant an official server it would require money and time, both of which they're not going to spend just because Nost want them to.

Unfortunate reality of this whole thing is that some people are too over-optimistic for something that will never happen, unfortunately.

Truth is that Blizzard will never host legacy server, even if their population drop to 1 million subs. They have a few options for their current game if the game starts to go downhill 1.lower the price of the game 2. lower the price of the sub 3. in the end, give it for free???

Also I dont believe that Blizzard dont have their OWN core. Thats so stupid lie like ''Oh we just tweaked our core and we can go back'' yeah right... story for bed time...  They are multibillion company they can tweak their core however they want. If the devs on private servers can script the game , they can do it too, and 10 times better. 

26 minutes ago, Imblurryface said:

It didn't broke, nost autismo devs said that they did disable it.

hence why I put broke in quotation marks

it """broke"""

1 minute ago, toniplavna said:

Truth is that Blizzard will never host legacy server, even if their population drop to 1 million subs. They have a few options for their current game if the game starts to go downhill 1.lower the price of the game 2. lower the price of the sub 3. in the end, give it for free???

Also I dont believe that Blizzard dont have their OWN core. Thats so stupid lie like ''Oh we just tweaked our core and we can go back'' yeah right... story for bed time...  They are multibillion company they can tweak their core however they want. If the devs on private servers can script the game , they can do it too, and 10 times better. 

Indeed they can, they've spent too much on expansions to "start again" in essence. It's just a pain that Nost has been bit by the balls by Blizzard. They'll disagree but its evident.