Shenna

Our official response to Nostalrius — Elysium will prevail!

I suspect they'll "switch to the other core" in a ctrl+v job as a token gesture that makes no actual difference. Just wordswap any reference Nostalrius and their team's members. There'd be no reason to do anything else, it's not like anyone can prove that they didn't migrate to another core. There just needs to be no mention of Nostalrius anywhere in order to give the Nost guys a legal escape route as handing over the core and setting up transfers likely equates to non-compliance with the C&D order. Scrubbing their names off of all assets and taking down the transfer application will suffice as compliance, which is the whole reason behind this. The Legacy knee-bending talk is just a smokescreen.

Edited by Larsen

As a Nost transfer, thank you!

If you had deleted our toons it would have demotivated a lot of people and potentially killed the PVE server.

See you on the other side.

Elysium keeping it real and awesome, pulling a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, unlike Nost.

1 minute ago, kawoski said:

Do we have an ETA of when servers are coming back up? 

Over the course of the next several weeks

Just now, toniplavna said:

Too bad, its Saturday night damn :(

Hummm..Yeah. Im staying indoors this weekend and wanted to gring my Priest. As soon as I logged in, I got the SHUTDOWN warning....Guess im gonna hop on the PVP and start fresh. Care to join?

Please your attention for this topic: 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/27008-technical-difficulties-regarding-the-token-generation-procedure-please-try-again-later/

One last call for anyone out there, maybe you @shenna , to give some help. 48% of the Nostalrius accounts were not claimed because they couldn't!! Since the shutdown of the token generator on 17 december 2016 no one has given us an answer as to why it was down, and left us waiting. I have started over again now, but the wounds it gave us players are still there. They've promised us a half year transfer period, what we got was only a week.

Edited by Hashashinlock

2 minutes ago, quest008 said:

Over the course of the next several weeks

For all the changes to take place. It least thats what i reckon from that sentence

Nostalrius cannot ask you to stop using GPL licensed software https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5nyv31/nostalrius_cannot_ask_you_to_stop_using_gpl/

Full Text:

Hi guys. I've been a free (as in freedom) software user and advocate for years. Let me explain current shady situation.

Nostalrius core is a derived work of mangos which is a free software licenced under GNU GPL2. GPL license is very clear about current situation. Licence terms says you can use it without releasing source code of the software but once you release it (like giving it into Elysium) you are basically giving "every single right" to user. That is what free software is about. User is Elysium right now and they are holding every right of the Nostalrius core in their hand according to license terms. They can modify, release or use it however they want to. Nostalrius cannot claim any ownership about GPL licensed code and cannot ask Elysium to stop using their GPL licensed code.

It is clear Blizzard is somehow involved in this. It doesn't make any sense, Nostalrius staff was so happy when they provided their core and database to Elysium, and suddenly they are asking Elysium to remove data and stop using their core without a single valid reason. I don't think Elysium need to show any respect to Nostalrius at this point. They obviously betrayed the vanilla community.

TL;DR Elysium is holding every right to use Nostalrius core and there is no reason to use old core.

45 minutes ago, Healzie said:

Turns out my mate was right then xD

6 minutes ago, Hashashinlock said:

Please your attention for this topic: 

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/27008-technical-difficulties-regarding-the-token-generation-procedure-please-try-again-later/

One last call for anyone out there, maybe you @shenna , to give some help. 48% of the Nostalrius accounts were not claimed because they couldn't!! Since the shutdown of the token generator on 17 december 2016 no one has given us an answer as to why it was down, and left us waiting. I have started over again now, but the wounds it gave us players are still there. They've promised us a half year transfer period, what we got was only a week.

:/ I'm so sorry man

Yeah, IIRC it was said that it would take like 30 minutes to an hour for this shutdown. We will see I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Larsen said:

I suspect they'll "switch to the other core" in a ctrl+v job as a token gesture that makes no actual difference. Just wordswap any reference Nostalrius and their team's members. There'd be no reason to do anything else, it's not like anyone can prove that they didn't migrate to another core. There just needs to be no mention of Nostalrius anywhere in order to give the Nost guys a legal escape route as handing over the core and setting up transfers likely equates to non-compliance with the C&D order. Scrubbing their names off of all assets and taking down the transfer application will suffice as compliance, which is the whole reason behind this. The Legacy knee-bending talk is just a smokescreen.

Gosh I hope that works

Might understand what the Nost people want, but Blizzard will never re-release an old version of WoW. It is because Blizzard's new product is so amazingly worse than their old product, that their developers will be exposed for completely lacking engagement in the development process, and will be exposed for disliking WoW itself. Blizzard's management will be exposed as having made many mistakes with WoW, if most of the players migrated to an older version, and they would rather do anything than admit that.

14 minutes ago, kawoski said:

Hummm..Yeah. Im staying indoors this weekend and wanted to gring my Priest. As soon as I logged in, I got the SHUTDOWN warning....Guess im gonna hop on the PVP and start fresh. Care to join?

Hmm damn I really want to stay on this one :/ 

7 minutes ago, crrricket said:

:/ I'm so sorry man

It's okay man, I'm lucky the Elysium community is still such a great community. At first when I was leveling my new undead warlock it felt like crap, doing all the quests I did a while back on Nost all over again, but as I started to grow and grow I finally started enjoying playing again which I do to this day :)

Why does anybody hope for Blizzard to launch legacy servers? They have already said they won't be pure vanilla. They said if anything, it'll be "pristine" vanilla. Their definition of pristine is much different than what an ordinary, sane person's definition is. Take a quick look on Google for what I'm talking about.

If Blizzard steps in, and you're new to the game, you will never know what vanilla Wow was like.