Shenna

Our official response to Nostalrius — Elysium will prevail!

if you guys think Blizzard gives a fuck about Legacy and you buy in to Viper saying they are working to create an official legacy server, you're deluded.

Well that still does not mean that the claimed character will also not be removed.

They should write somewhere plain, clear and bold.

"No characters on Nost PVP realm will be deleted." I am yet to read this somewhere.

Shadow Priest only realm confirmed. Only debuffs allowed on bosses from now on are Shadow Word: Pain and Curse of Shadow. Thanks.

Edited by cryofsorrow

I honestly dont want blizzard to make legacy servers. they'll just screw them up somehow. Id rather they be ran by people that actually care about vanilla.

Besides its not happening anyway.

Edited by Nostro1791

Over the course of the next several weeks we will discontinue use of the Nostalrius core. By then, we will have completed Anathema, which will be equal to or superior to the Nostalrius core. We assure you that you will not feel any difference in the cores except for a potential increase in quality. We have been continuously updating the Anathema core side-by-side with the Nostalrius core.

Yeah, so what does this mean exactly? Is it going to be an exact replica of the Nost core or are you shooting from the hip to make it as close to the Nost core as possible? And if it is an exact replica, why even go though this? I donated money to you guys cause of all the servers I've played on, the Nost core was the only one that mimicked Blizz the best and now we're being switched on.  I feel like this has been a bait and switch operation.

1 minute ago, Rambone said:

Yeah, so what does this mean exactly? Is it going to be an exact replica of the Nost core or are you shooting from the hip to make it as close to the Nost core as possible? And if it is an exact replica, why even go though this? I donated money to you guys cause of all the servers I've played on, the Nost core was the only one that mimicked Blizz the best and now we're being switched on.  I feel like this has been a bait and switch operation.

At least they're not bowing under to Nost completely and shutting the whole project down.  Seriously, fuck those pricks.  I'm a pretty chill guy, but I'd fuck them up if they weren't across an ocean from me.

Thanks Elysium for not fucking us in the ass.  Much appreciated.

"All unclaimed characters will be wiped"

This is bullshit, we haven't even been able to transfer characters for the past month because the token gen has been broken / shutdown.

3 minutes ago, Rambone said:

Well, I guess we just have to wait and see how the Elysium code stands up.  If it sucks, people will leave.  It's that simple.  The quality of the code is what matters, not who is providing it.  The fact they have Nost's code right there means they can learn from it, use what they have learned to improve their own code.  I'll wait and see how it turns out.

At least they're not bowing under to Nost completely and shutting the whole project down

Yeah, but it's about the quality of gameplay. If they couldn't get it close to blizz like the first time, how then now? It's just going to be another Kronos or crappy server. This project exploded for a reason.

fyi they have said they have been working on their own core even while the nost one was active. so it's not starting from the bottom 

Just now, 25toten said:

This is bullshit, we haven't even been able to transfer characters for the past month because the token gen has been broken / shutdown.

It's not their fault though, it's nost that has demanded their candy back. I have been reading every post here, and every post on the nost forum's post, and NOT ONE of the comments on either (so far - I'm only on page 12 of nost forums) has been for nost. ALL have been in favor of Elysium in this case. Hopefully Nost will realize the mistake they have made and go back on this. I have payed attention to the community since the shutdown. At least 5-10% of the forum posts have been against whatever is going on at the time. I have NEVER seen the community so unanimous on a decision before. There is always some resistance, but not one for them is another story altogether.

Omg... That idiots really think that if people don`t play at pirate servers there will be official servers? Srsly? The only way blizz PROBABLY will launch legacy servers if there will be A LOT of people on the pirate sever, no matter what it will be named - nost, elysium, whatever, just showing - Blizzard, we want vanilla, you are missing ton of money.
I really hope that you will just copy the best things out of nost core. Srsly, they given it to you, it`s not their rights now to take it back.

5 minutes ago, 25toten said:

That appears to be on the Nost team. They shut off access a day or two in, and haven't given it back and now say they won't.

59 minutes ago, Shenna said:

All characters that have existed in the game world since Elysium’s launch until now will be maintained and all Nostalrius specific data will be wiped.

Can you clear this up?  Do we get to keep our transferred toons or not?  My characters have existed since the launch, and they're also Nost data.

Well this is interesting. It's a bit unfair to revoke the donated material, I guess but if they're being funny about it it's probably best anyway! I'm sure it'll be fine, hopefully you can make a more superior source.

3 minutes ago, Mr Oger said:

Omg... That idiots really think that if people don`t play at pirate servers there will be official servers? Srsly? The only way blizz PROBABLY will launch legacy servers if there will be A LOT of people on the pirate sever, no matter what it will be named - nost, elysium, whatever, just showing - Blizzard, we want vanilla, you are missing ton of money.

That's exactly what i think too... therefore i don't understand this Nost decision at all.

9 минут назад, 25toten сказал:

Well, they can't do nothing with it, since all the account data of these characters still belongs to nostalrius. Rip my mage Maxes lvl 60, only thing we can do is deal with it. Sad but true