Jump to content
J.AllenBrack

BOE needing is getting out of hand? (Horde: Elysium PvP)

Recommended Posts

So I just tanked Zul'farrak and Vice Grips (Plate Gloves) (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9640) with + stam dropped off of Antu'sul, the first boss. I needed the gloves since it was a significant upgrade for me, but an Undead Mage named Blowitup also needed the gloves claiming he misclicked. He ended up winning the gloves and when the whole party asked him why he would need on Plate gloves he said it was a misclick, and I thought I'd better just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Then I recognized the name Blowitup, I had been in UC before the dungeon run and someone was saying in Trade chat not to group with the ninja looting mage Blowitup. I immediately became suspicious and then claimed he did it intentionally, and again he said it was just a mistake. After my accusations, he said sorry and that he would TRADE it to me and opened trade chat and was unable to trade it (it being BoP).... That's when i realized he thought likely thought the Blue Plate gloves were a BoE. Without even checking to see if they were BoP or BoE. He just saw a Blue item drop and thought he should insta-need to sell it. I was honestly pretty angry but decided to just finish the run giving him one more chance to see if he would need another blue item he couldn't use to try to confirm my suspicions. Then at the Chief Ukorz Sandscalp the Big Bad Pauldrons (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9476) dropped, again plate shoulders and I needed and everyone else said grats and greeded or passed......... all but Blowitup. I had to ask him in party chat and directly whisper him to please pass before it took him the whole roll time to expire and he auto passed. That was when the whole group came to the same conclusion that he probably did intentionally needed the gloves and would have needed the shoulders as well (knowing they were BoP's and feigning ignorance, or thinking they were BoE's). 

I know I'm rambling and probably whining, but I just needed to rant about the problem, if people are needing Blue BoP's off of bosses immediately thinking they are BoE's they can need and sell, I'm pretty sure that people have taken needing BoE's too far. And if that Mage is just needing every drop just to vendor, then he's just in an even higher tier of stupid or greedy players.

I'm not saying you shouldn't Need rare or even epic BoE's, I'm not gonna tell you how to play, that's up to you or the group that you're in. But please for the love of god, check if the item is a BoP before needing on something sombody else can use (especially if it drops off of a boss).... 

And if you're grouped up with the Undead Mage Blowitup, just be wary; if the same thing happens to your group, it's most likely not a coincidence.

edit: sorry for the clickbait title.

Edited by J.AllenBrack
clickbait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the whole, Elysium takes a hands-off approach supporting in game solutions for in game problems. That is to say, the community will sort it out. 

That said. A great approach to the ettiquette of looting is:

Active -> MS -> OS/General Greed/Vendor Spec

Active - the roll you are playing in the dungeon

Mainspec - the main roll you usually play on a character

Offspec - another spec you would like to play. If you're needing for offspec you should ask if it is okay to need for offspec, dont assume you can just have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RadiantRay said:

Watch people say it's not ninja because you can vendor it for gold lol.

Yet nobody ever said that, so I guess you're just talking shit?

8 hours ago, Sabre said:

You can disenchant the item for shards which will give you an upgrade, not really a ninja.

Nope, disenchanting an item doesn't get you nearly as much value as wearing it, rolling need on BoP that isn't a gear upgrade for you is being a ninja (unless it's a genuine mistake).

 

Edited by Oakenlix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about value vs value? The shard goes directly to my weapon enchant. It may be worth more to him but there are plenty of BOEs on the AH that are better so it's not my fault he joined the dungeon in shitty gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Justme said:

Who cares about value vs value? The shard goes directly to my weapon enchant. It may be worth more to him but there are plenty of BOEs on the AH that are better so it's not my fault he joined the dungeon in shitty gear

im sorry, but if thats your behaviour you gotta find yourself another healer for your grps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

Yet nobody ever said that, so I guess you're just talking shit?

Nope, disenchanting an item doesn't get you nearly as much value as wearing it, rolling need on BoP that isn't a gear upgrade for you is being a ninja (unless it's a genuine mistake).

 

2 people in thread so far, so I guess it's more than just nobody =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why you'd be upset about BOPs, but I don't condone anyone needing on BOEs. They have just as much value for someone who can't use them as they do for you, because they can sell them for gold and get an item of equal value that they can use. 

Simply put: If I see Foror's drop and I'm on a mage for example, I would still need on it, because selling it means I could buy all 3 Bloodvine pieces for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zyfire said:

I can understand why you'd be upset about BOPs, but I don't condone anyone needing on BOEs. They have just as much value for someone who can't use them as they do for you, because they can sell them for gold and get an item of equal value that they can use. 

Simply put: If I see Foror's drop and I'm on a mage for example, I would still need on it, because selling it means I could buy all 3 Bloodvine pieces for example.

but if I need a bloodvine piece I can only buy 1/3th of a foror's so it's not really fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

artworks-000081995163-3m7p6a-t500x500.jp

Instead of derailing yet another topic by making things personal again try proving me wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Justme said:

Instead of derailing yet another topic by making things personal again try proving me wrong

Why? I mean, you wouldn't understand anyway, and for other people it's obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zyfire said:

I can understand why you'd be upset about BOPs, but I don't condone anyone needing on BOEs. They have just as much value for someone who can't use them as they do for you, because they can sell them for gold and get an item of equal value that they can use. 

Simply put: If I see Foror's drop and I'm on a mage for example, I would still need on it, because selling it means I could buy all 3 Bloodvine pieces for example.

 

And thats the reason nobody wants to go random. Have fun find some Tanks that go with u - if this happen i hope the warri finds u and rapes the shit out of ur head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-25 at 6:20 PM, TheButcher369 said:

 

And thats the reason nobody wants to go random. Have fun find some Tanks that go with u - if this happen i hope the warri finds u and rapes the shit out of ur head

And that's the reason nobody wants to go random with you. Because you spew offensive shit out of your mouth like it's normal. I don't see what's wrong with needing on gold. Gold is as useful for me as it is to the next person, why should the tank get prio on the gold?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zyfire said:

And that's the reason nobody wants to go random with you. Because you spew offensive shit out of your mouth like it's normal. I don't see what's wrong with needing on gold. Gold is as useful for me as it is to the next person, why should the tank get prio on the gold?

 

Invisible dice was already rolled when the game decided warrior gear was gonna drop. Now let the warriors in the group decide wich 1 gets it.

people that want gold hit greed. People that want to save gold hit greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Justme said:

Invisible dice was already rolled when the game decided warrior gear was gonna drop. Now let the warriors in the group decide wich 1 gets it.

people that want gold hit greed. People that want to save gold hit greed.

No, invisible dice was rolled when the game decided an item worth a lot of gold would drop. That item benefits me just as much as it benefits a warrior, just not in the same exact way. If there was also a mage item worth 500 gold that dropped in DM maybe I would reconsider, but there isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zyfire said:

No, invisible dice was rolled when the game decided an item worth a lot of gold would drop. That item benefits me just as much as it benefits a warrior, just not in the same exact way. If there was also a mage item worth 500 gold that dropped in DM maybe I would reconsider, but there isn't.

So you should only need on BOE if it provides a lot of gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-2-2017 at 1:41 PM, Justme said:

Who cares about value vs value? The shard goes directly to my weapon enchant. It may be worth more to him but there are plenty of BOEs on the AH that are better so it's not my fault he joined the dungeon in shitty gear

You people really should name your character so we know not to group with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded an addon for KoS list. I gotta say i really like it. Ninjas from forum? Put em in.. (from both factions, if i see an ally ninja i gladly gank them as ugly as possible:)) Someone from the other faction ganks you at 20% hp while finghting a mob? Put em in.. you never know in what sitiation you are gona see him somewhere in the world. You don't want to forget his name and pass him by right? Someone from the opposite faction acted honorably? Put him in the green list.. good actions must be remembered. I wouldn't want to fuck him up some other time because i forgot his name. Douche moves also shouldn't be forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 часов назад, Justme сказал:

So you should only need on BOE if it provides a lot of gold?

Yes. People "greeding" greens are great example of how BoE system works - if you don't need a BoE - you greed it. That's why rare BoE are always "needed" - because they are needed, they are rare and expensive. You don't always sell them, you also send them to your guildmates, you also trade them, you also keep them for your alts. BoE items have way more uses than BoP - which are simply an upgrade for you current character.

If you feel like you have no use at all for a 300g BoE item - roll greed. If you feel like you have no use at all for a 1g BoE item - roll greed. But show me a single person who would pass 300g to a stranger, i'll probably shake my head and die a little inside. It's like seeing a 14 years old in a friendzone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2017 at 7:13 PM, J.AllenBrack said:

took him the whole roll time to expire and he auto passed

guy probably went afk after boss died. 

On 2/23/2017 at 7:13 PM, J.AllenBrack said:

That was when the whole group came to the same conclusion that he probably did intentionally needed the gloves and would have needed the shoulders as well

jumping to conclusions based off a guy going afk after a boss died. If he really was a ninja who didnt give a shit he would have rolled need on the shoulders too.

If i am wrong, i apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rapteg said:

But show me a single person who would pass 300g to a stranger, i'll probably shake my head and die a little inside. It's like seeing a 14 years old in a friendzone 

u5f9a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×