Sign in to follow this  
BlowUp

Attention: Elysium Staff Seriously Read PLZ***

Elysium over the last 6 weeks has ruined my experience again thats a lil harsh.. how ever the population is so out of wack. With that being said I'm sticking with darrowshire.

Pro Tip: in vanilla retail servers capped at 2k.. and even then the full servers it was a bitch.. so imagine how much more shit your causing with having up to 9k.. almost 5x the normal vanilla limit..

I have spent the last hour reading "Darrowshire is Dying" Alot of the ideas in theory were good but in reality quite stupid... and it just dawned upon me why you dont do what blizz did in the vanilla days.

For example: I played on Aegwynn low pop realm and for a week blizz offered up to 3 high pop realms free toon xfers for 1 toon and it did wonders.I know it will work for elysium because alot of people Ive talked to.. hundreds btw! all say they came here for the numbers and regret not picking to darrowshire. Is this something you guys can do? It wouldnt take much work to set up i know cuz ive done stuff like that myself.. You claime to care about the 3 servers but really.. its elysium and Ana .. your giving players the feeling that we are the special kids so to speak.

The question comes... how do we balance it if we go with this tactic.. SIMPLE.. set a daily limit of lets say 500 and after 3-4 analyze your data and go from there.. its not rocket science i could do this all my self but im not cool enuff to rock with u guys LOL..

Learn from blizzard for once and give the players what they want atleast some of the time.. u guys are starting to turn into the company that u dispense which is ironic if u ask me.

alot of people do. up to 50% or more ppl i meet every day say there from Nost PvE and want to relive that again. but as i said if u have to pick between 2 servers .. one has 1k avg and the other is 7k.. the 7k will triumph over time.. All im getting at it People on elysium hate how many ppl play there and alot of those players said they xfer to darrowshire but they cant.. so for the sake of balancing the community this is there only option.. Trust me dude ask around you would be surprised.. Im not mad or anything.. I just keep seeing ppl whining and not offering the staff a suggestion.. well this is one.. and easy one.. it may take time a week or two but it needs to be done. atleast for horde .. for every 10 ally theres 3 horde.. something needs to be done about balance population.. even ppl who hard hardcore about elysium hate the lag and they all know there servers cant handle 7k+ daily..

They actually capped at 3.5k. I don't know where you pulled out 2k. But the game world can easily house twice as many, making 7k a good cap. Modern day hardware is much better than 10+ years ago. But any more than this and there aren't enough mobs or resources, meaning you then have to slash respawn timers, which is illogial vs just having more realms. (Nost was fucking dumb)

Guess i was wrong i swore it was 2k my bad.. Anyways thats my point with the modern hardware.. even @ 7k thats way to much for 1 server.. I remember playing horde on Mal'Ganis highest pop server for horde in the US and even with this 3.5 cap u speak off.. most times 80% were horde and that enough made it a pain for everyone from 10-60.. so just think how much worse it will be with a 7k cap..

I keep hearing these oh please xfer from ely to ana.. why not see how many ppl wanna go from ely to darrow? i know a good chunk really want to but at the moment dont want to level another 60.. Idk if that transfer idea would be good or maybe select players that are showing genuine interest in darrowshire and compy there toons to darrowshire.. im just saying this for horde im saying it for the server as a whole..

I'm going to be playing here no matter what but it would be nice if as a community we could come up with ideas to better the servers we play on thats all. If darrow could get to 2-3k peak the server would flourish for once in a long ass time.. I can post a screen shot.. I have gatherd conversions with 899 ppl on elysium who would love to play on darrow..

This may sound stupid but it appears to be true.. alot of the good servers have original or clever/nice sounding names.. Like Elysium or Nost's realm.  Darrowshire sounds like a failed pub frodo baggins would open... Anathema sounds like WoW aids or a fanasty term for a colonoscopy ffs. Some of this may be me venting but it doesnt change the fact the things need to be done.. Not jus on darrowshire or ana but elysium to.. its going to take time to balance shit out but i would be nice to hear from the staff what there thought are on this? Ive talked to a gm and seemed so clueless.. i seriously felt like i was talking to a 9 yo boy.. anyways that is all 

1 hour ago, BlowUp said:

google goggle

look at your run-on sentences, your grammar, your sentence structures, and the way you are filling up the forums with these reaching posts. And you of all peeps feel like you're talking to a 9 y/o boy when the guy is devoting his free time to maintain a server which they also pay for in both volunteer work and money? Jesus.

anyways, the faction split is more like 50/50 on this server. there's a fight on every corner, but if you don't like that, we have blizzlike pop servers called Anathema and Darrowshire. You only seem to be half-aware of this, as you acknowledge them and play on one but don't realize the implications.

Regards to your "merge ely to Anathema" statement - Progression is a huge roadblock here. Ely is still in BWL while Ana is in Naxx. And they won't let the playerbase of these servers die out.

Example - During Ely's vanilla launch, there was about 20 posts per day and scores of requests in Discord to create a new vanilla server.  They ended up answering those request, bought new hardware and conceived Zeth'kur.

tl;dr the server ended up dipping below 1k pop after the post-launch hype while Elysium was sitting at 10k, then ended up merging with Elysium, Darrow and Ana, as per requests (again). If Darrowshire or Anathema die, and they end up being at same progression as Elysium, I highly doubt they will just let that slide. They will probably merge the servers or funnel them all into TBC.

it's okay to have opinions, it is. But this jumble of statements and opinions smells and looks like crap, you are trying WAY too hard. First of all, what exactly needs to be "done"? They are constantly working on the server and trying to improve the experience for everybody. They are even buying new server hardware for Elysium and at the same time keeping eyes out for gamebreaking exploits on all three servers and coding lots of bugfixes, all  with a volunteer team.

Anyways, put more thought into your writing, and I suggest you play on the network for a bit before you form a solid opinion (hint - get some experience) which people can take seriously.

What are you said is very true. It just this ok.. I litterally just came back to WoW after a 7 year break.. i have no interest in retail.. I want nothing more than for this project to succeed, more importantly Darrowshire. I know im new but i keep having others tell me that darrow is lost and im wasting my time.. Im rollin there anyways.. Im stressed and slight angry as a new players because before signing up on this forum i spent hours reading posts and it seems hard to make any decision.. atleast from my view.. and i know right now my grammar sucks and my structure. im in one of those moods and typing this as fast i can.. am i looking like an ass? prob.. my posts are the best i know but it seems like its Elysium vs Ana vs Darro when it shouldnt be or feel like that. I came here cause i heard the community is good. From what ive been reading on the forums im getting a different vibe.. How ever im assuming the ingame community is nothing like this forum..

At the end of the day ur right. im not being a smart ass either when im saying that.  One thing i do like about u .. u def help me calm down a bit!

All i was getting at is ofer Ely players a chance to Xfer to Daro. It would be good for both servers. Balance being the main goal.. it will nvr be perfected but its a start.

I like the 9kish population peaks, this Server just needs a improvement in server hardware because today these numbers are quite doable with enough power behind it.

The World feels very alive in each zone, you find ppl for anything in no time, I wouldn't want to miss out on that.

The biggest problem imo with transfers is that all realms here are on different patch states and differ from pve-pvp so you won't have the one to one transition that was the case in retail vanilla and basically miss out on one content patch, falling into one tightly knotted community that's way ahead of the curve gear wise.

Donate more, volunteer up and make this the best private server out there so it can handle even more than 9k people lag free:) 

13 hours ago, BlowUp said:

All im getting at it People on elysium hate how many ppl play there

Typing execution aside I completely disagree.  Elysium's pop is awesome.  Between pvp'n on my main and leveling up a 3rd char all I can say is a huge population is a great experience.

3 minutes ago, synotaxidae said:

Blizzard is bringing back Vanilla anyway, just relax and wait. Calm down little boy

You notice the lack of ! marks? or CAPS.. im not mad I was simply express my opinion.. thats what forums are for.. It's my fault i didnt know they were on diff patches.. I apologize. I personally should did a lil more research of my behalf and i failed in doing so.. anyways thanks for the insight everyone!

How long you think till blizz release vanilla? jw.. id prob play here still any ways out of respect to Elysium devs and its great players inside!

48 minutes ago, BlowUp said:

You notice the lack of ! marks? or CAPS.. im not mad I was simply express my opinion.. thats what forums are for.. It's my fault i didnt know they were on diff patches.. I apologize. I personally should did a lil more research of my behalf and i failed in doing so.. anyways thanks for the insight everyone!

How long you think till blizz release vanilla? jw.. id prob play here still any ways out of respect to Elysium devs and its great players inside!

Not anytime soon, probably will take 1-2 years. Blizzard has a huge idea of renovating the whole game! What I think is, they will make something similar to Vanilla, better graphics etc. Maybe WoW 2 comes out? Who knows, it's a well hidden secret anyway. I will still say one thing more, World of Warcraft dominates BlizzCon 2017 schedule, wink wink ...

Posting the blizzcon schedule doesn't confirm anything. It's literally the same as every year with the addition of one more artist panel.
All wow panels last only 1 hour, do you honestly think they will talk 1 hour about legacy instead of their new mythic+ difficulty dungeons?

There will not be any legacy.

3 hours ago, synotaxidae said:

Not anytime soon, probably will take 1-2 years. Blizzard has a huge idea of renovating the whole game! What I think is, they will make something similar to Vanilla, better graphics etc. Maybe WoW 2 comes out? Who knows, it's a well hidden secret anyway. I will still say one thing more, World of Warcraft dominates BlizzCon 2017 schedule, wink wink ...

WoW dominates Blizzcon this year because they've made it incredibly clear in Legion that there's a new xpac to announce. Also the choice of Jaina as the key art for a vanilla remake would be pretty odd, seeing as her role in vanilla was fairly minor. No clue where you got the idea they're remaking vanilla.

7 hours ago, kick1234567890 said:

Dunno who told you darrowshire is dead. The population on alliance side is perfect.

Stop bitching and make a new character, be 60 in a couple of weeks.

True.. except no everyone wants to play alliance all the time? Not smart to tell ppl what to play Lol.. Do you suffer from sDS?

15 hours ago, Nelythia said:

Posting the blizzcon schedule doesn't confirm anything. It's literally the same as every year with the addition of one more artist panel.
All wow panels last only 1 hour, do you honestly think they will talk 1 hour about legacy instead of their new mythic+ difficulty dungeons?

There will not be any legacy.

Blizzard employed 7 new developers ONLY to work on legacy, happy now?

On topic, the levelling experience i had in Elysium tainted my enjoyment in vanilla. 

I think some of you are missing the point, the question isn't how many modern servers and/or bandwidth actually support. For me, and apparently others, the question is after how many the servers just feel too crowded and have  a negative impact in you gaming experience. I don't want to run around in Redshires with 500 other players levelling, the game wasn't designed with that in mind, the resources, the npcs, the spawned quest items were designed to have less ppl than that, at least i feel that way.

And having started a new char on Anathema a few weeks ago has only strenghtened this belief i have, it has been way more pleasing, you still have several folks in your lvl range (a few more wouldnt hurt thought) and the gaming experience has just been better overall.

A solution for this? In my eyes it would be to cap servers at a number around 3-4k, this way also allowing population to ballance evenly throughout the available realms.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Stoic said:

That is all that i was trying to say.. IDK ppl are gettin defensive about it lol.. im not saying elysium is shit... its the best community ever.. a server that holds up to x3 blizz's server did back in the day creates an unbalanced envoirment...

Just like how mid-high rate vanilla realms to last.. the game wasnt made for it.. just like the 9k+ online at a time.. I dont hold the dev's are owners responsible there doing a great job in general.. i know its hard to cater to everyone.. either way Ill play here i was expressing my opinion that is all..  When blizz releases the legacy servers you guys will be able to grasp what me & others are talking about. Until they stay closed minded and continue to be silly.

1 hour ago, Stoic said:

On topic, the levelling experience i had in Elysium tainted my enjoyment in vanilla. 

I think some of you are missing the point, the question isn't how many modern servers and/or bandwidth actually support. For me, and apparently others, the question is after how many the servers just feel too crowded and have  a negative impact in you gaming experience. I don't want to run around in Redshires with 500 other players levelling, the game wasn't designed with that in mind, the resources, the npcs, the spawned quest items were designed to have less ppl than that, at least i feel that way.

And having started a new char on Anathema a few weeks ago has only strenghtened this belief i have, it has been way more pleasing, you still have several folks in your lvl range (a few more wouldnt hurt thought) and the gaming experience has just been better overall.

A solution for this? In my eyes it would be to cap servers at a number around 3-4k, this way also allowing population to ballance evenly throughout the available realms.

Just my 2 cents.

On 10/4/2017 at 11:36 PM, donkey said:

?? who wants to join a PVE server from a PVP server anyway??

You ok dude?

I would transfer to the pve server from elysium pvp in a heartbeat if they let me. Actually, I would happily transfer off elysium to either of the other servers if they let me. I chose elysium pvp for the timeline, I didn't understand they were merging ZK to the server at the time, so with the population hike I don't even play anymore because the experience with 9k people on a pvp server is absolutely garbage. A lower pop pvp server, or pve server would be much better IMO, but I don't have the time to level another character so I continue to not play any of the servers at all.