Kayla

Gold Trading Black Market - We Want Your Feedback!!!

Greetings!!!

Our Elysium Staff has thoughts of introducing Gold Trading into our Market Place (Shop). This feature is called the Black Market and you may have already noticed it Shaded Out in your Shop Categories. Before introducing this feature we would like to know your feedback! In explanation, what this feature would allow you to do is be able to trade your in Game Gold for Elysium Coins. Example: If I had 500 in-game gold and placed it into the Black Market to be sold someone then would be able to purchase this Gold with 100 Coins. No new Gold Will be generated in game and no Gold Selling Sites or Farmers would be at anyway be able to profit off of any of the Gold being put up. This is strictly a Player trade being that NO outside party would benefit from this transaction. We are unclear if there will be limitations to the amount of Gold being sold at the moment as well as the exact amount each gold will be worth to Coin ratio.

Your feedback is incredibly important to us and would like to hear what everyone thinks of implementing this Trade or having this option to.

Thank you!! 😃

~Kayla LaRosa - CM

It might be one workable act against the gold selling community.. but..

- how do you want to make sure that they are not selling their could at your shops and trade the coins for other stuff which could be sold for money again.. maybe even cheaper due to a different ratio.

- will you add more "goodies" to your shop? Or what shall happen with higher amounts of coins at players account balance.. I might fear that buying mounts only wount be satisfying to sell ingame gold on a long term

But definitly for new players which do not have a lot of motivation left for  farming and grinding this option would help both parties: Elysium (not to be forced to ban them, increasing community rather than decreasing!) and the players as they dont have to risk their accounts.

Good Morning! See responses below in Bold.

- how do you want to make sure that they are not selling their could at your shops and trade the coins for other stuff which could be sold for money again.. maybe even cheaper due to a different ratio.

"The Ratio would not be enough to make trading items for real money worth it. Even if the ratio Was worth it there is no in-game benefit from any Vanity items."

- will you add more "goodies" to your shop? Or what shall happen with higher amounts of coins at players account balance.. I might fear that buying mounts only wount be satisfying to sell ingame gold on a long term

"Yes, different and more types of Vanity items will be available at the shop in the future. But not items worth making a profit having any type of turn around for selling for money. Keep in mind that the Vanity items may seem a little over priced and pets useless in game etc but this is also a way for players to get rewarded for Donating to the site. Donating to the Project or even using the Shop is not necessary to joining the Server. Also keep in mind that this does NOT stop our dev/gm's from still Banning and regulating any and all Gold Sellers from third party sources."

The idea is let trading Coins for In-Game Gold among players and removing the possibility of Any Gold Sellers to Profit from it in anyway.

=)

would you add more fun mounts ? 🙂 i think shop is only great for mounts or buy level upgrade

Edited by Weldenvarden

1 hour ago, Kayla said:

"Yes, different and more types of Vanity items will be available at the shop in the future. But not items worth making a profit having any type of turn around for selling for money. Keep in mind that the Vanity items may seem a little over priced and pets useless in game etc but this is also a way for players to get rewarded for Donating to the site. Donating to the Project or even using the Shop is not necessary to joining the Server. Also keep in mind that this does NOT stop our dev/gm's from still Banning and regulating any and all Gold Sellers from third party sources."

The idea is let trading Coins for In-Game Gold among players and removing the possibility of Any Gold Sellers to Profit from it in anyway.

=)

I was totally not expecting that Devs/GMs will stop banning.. it was more likely  a point of view that it would decrease the 3rd party actions towards gold buying.

players who have little time doing extra farming hours for "Gold rewarding stuff" would appreciate this implementation anyway, I guess… and as a result you will have less people to ban and maintain an higher population too!

Personally, I think this could be a good thing..

no please no goldtrading.. we had enough bullshit with chinese sellers.. 

Better to put in vanity items! 
Transmog (with people able to turn it off) 
I didnt come to this server to see people P2W 

I also share the same opinion which was discussed in the live stream. 

Implementing this black Market allows players to buy in game gold for real money, which is like only one step behind buying raid items for real money. I do understand that private Servers need some kind of income but there should be other ways than that. I don't really care if people have huge bags, wonderful looking mounts or other things which basically increase the quality of life in Vanilla. But I do care when somebody buys the same items/consumables  like me just because he is willing to spend more real money than me who is grinding for this kind of items/consumables with a lot of time investment and effort.

Implementing this black Market does mean to implement a P2W mechanic, which is the worst thing a private Server could do.

So, basically people who don't have time to farm gold to buy the swift fly mount on TBC (or people who just can't be bothered earning gold in-game) will be able to use real money to buy it. This is pure P2W in my opinion. You can argue that the ratio of Elysium Coins to ingame Gold could be not worth it.

Well, the real life money has a relative value to people. Somebody who earns a fortune each month doesn't care about, say, $500 spent on WoW. So a rich person could buy Elysium Coins for his real money, then buy ingame gold with it and buy swift mount riding skill...bypassing the in-game mechanism (namely the time) to earn it. See, a 14 yrs old can't afford to buy so many Elysium Coins so here begins the disadvantage.
It's not important that there's no new gold generated, it's still allowing people to buy gold with real money.

Nope, I don't think trading ingame Gold for Elysium Coins and vice-versa is a clever idea, whatsoever!

Therefore I'm strongly against it.

Edited by eldirian

6 hours ago, Miroy said:

I also share the same opinion which was discussed in the live stream. 

Implementing this black Market allows players to buy in game gold for real money, which is like only one step behind buying raid items for real money. I do understand that private Servers need some kind of income but there should be other ways than that. I don't really care if people have huge bags, wonderful looking mounts or other things which basically increase the quality of life in Vanilla. But I do care when somebody buys the same items/consumables  like me just because he is willing to spend more real money than me who is grinding for this kind of items/consumables with a lot of time investment and effort.

Implementing this black Market does mean to implement a P2W mechanic, which is the worst thing a private Server could do.

Do I understand correctly that there's a possibility to buy bags with more slots for real money?

Edited by eldirian

48 minutes ago, eldirian said:

What the actual frack? Do I understand correctly that there's a possibility to buy bags with more slots for real money?

28 slot bags (Ebon Shadowbag).  You could vote for the site (which obviously you haven't been doing). You could have had 2 bags by now with the coins you could have had from voting.

Edited by thecrazyscot

What assurance do the players have that the gold being sold to other players for coins through the site is all ACTUALLY provided by the players themselves? We have no way of seeing whether or not Elysium is simply selling gold to players with the proposed system from an unlimited stockpile by simply generating it themselves. That's the most glaring issue that I see here.

Edited by Zeo

5 hours ago, thecrazyscot said:

28 slot bags (Ebon Shadowbag).  You could vote for the site (which obviously you haven't been doing). You could have had 2 bags by now with the coins you could have had from voting.

So you can buy 28 slot bags for Elysium Coins (= real money). I thank you for your information.

Edited by eldirian

14 hours ago, eldirian said:

So you can buy 28 slot bags for Elysium Coins (= real money). I thank you for your information.

Yes, but you can also get it for free and it's not such a game-breaking function, now is it? Just utility. I'm fine with it. However I do think that buying gold is a really bad idea, it IS the kind of thing that make paying players have a huge advantage over free players (which is the definition of P2W), and I honestly can only predict issues and contention arising from it in the future (between both kinds of players), which is not going to be healthy for the server or help it stay around longer in any way (au contraire, it might shorten its life span). Also, as someone else already pointed out, this gold could be coming from someone who bought it from a third party site (and it went undetected) and now is selling it for more money, creating a really nasty cycle and potentially destroying the server's economy. So yeah, I'm definitely against it. I hope more sensible people will speak out against it and that it won't get implemented. For me it's more about having a nice environment and making sure the server stays friendly and healthy more-so than just being against paying players having advantages or being bitter over it (PVP would be even rougher on free players, though...). Hope it makes sense.

If regulating gold selling reduces spam in the mailbox I'm all for it, Blizz did that with the WoW Token. And "Black Market" sounds all cool and mysterious. Like Madam Goya from Pandaria does her under the table acquired dealings.

I was watching Evillinalive's stream when Rain first informed the community about their plans for the "Black Market".  Here is my take:

1. Yes, go forward with this idea.  The currency is captured within the server and cannot be extracted for real life cash.  I think this is an excellent idea.

2. Rename it.  "Black Market" sounds shady as f*ck and this isn't meant to be a shady system, rather a legitimate option within the game.

3. This will mean dealing a blow to the gold spammers / sellers.  Control and regulate the market on your server.  Do it !

The only acceptable way for me would be selling Gold for Elysium Coins. But NOT the other way around - no buying ingame Gold for Elysium Coins. This way players could farm gold to, for example, buy a race/faction change, if they really wanted it. But - as I stated in my first post on this topic - noone should be able to buy riding skills, enchants, mats etc. with Elysium Coins (= real money).

All great answers! Keep em coming. As mentioned, this system is not implemented and we want community feedback before any consideration to make it live on the realm.

as prop the devs know it is very hard to monitor how somone obtained the gold he is puting up for sale (if it was eazy goldsellers baning was never going to be a problem) so you willbe runing the risk of just increasing the workload of your gms

for this system to work things like a limit of how much gold an ACOUNT can put for sale per month and a limit on how much you can buy + a delay on gold delivery so that gms can check the involved acounts for sighns of ...........< coruption >

and adding to that a more strict monitoring of player-player transactions and ingame mail system to prevent profesionals from buypasing the rulles

+ This will also provide a lot of fuell to this good wiling ppl that are ready to start spaming in the web elysium is paytowin come to my private server 😛

Edited by Paparia
more info

I am not a fan of this at all to be honest. The day we can "trade" coins for gold will kill the economy.

If we increase the amount of gold "unnaturaly", all the ingame prices will go up due to a inflation. People with a high amount of gold to start with wont mind but if a lvl 20 character has to pay up3x the amount of gold while not be able to farm it ingame is kinda screwed.

And why even implement this in the first place? No offense, but besides the 28slot bags there is nothing really worth buying in the shop right now.

Some things(in my opinion) shouldnt even be in the shop like 250 coins for an email change. thats just ludacris.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:03 PM, eldirian said:

The only acceptable way for me would be selling Gold for Elysium Coins. But NOT the other way around - no buying ingame Gold for Elysium Coins. This way players could farm gold to, for example, buy a race/faction change, if they really wanted it. But - as I stated in my first post on this topic - noone should be able to buy riding skills, enchants, mats etc. with Elysium Coins (= real money).

I agree 100% !

I honestly think that this wouldn't be the worst idea for the server. Giving new players and veteran players the ability to trade Gold for Coins (Real Money) and vice versa would offer Elysium the opportunity to bring in a lot more donations which would help everybody. There would be no real concern for any economic changes because there will never be a time where more gold is being obtained without it first being accounted for. 

As for P2W, this would only be achieved by allowing players (new or veteran) to obtain weapons/gear/skills for Coins (Real Money).. If this never occurs, there is no reason why it would be negative to allow people with excess gold to distribute it to the players who are willing to pay for it; essentially being rewarded for their time and effort spent collecting/farming the gold. (Please DO NOT offer weapons/gear/skills for Coins (Real Money)... this would completely destroy the communities faith in your system)

I do believe that there should be a structure in place for exchanging to make it easier for the Dev's/GM's to monitor the exchanges happening and to keep it clean and concise. Only allowing people to place their gold up for purchase in specific quantities and for specific amounts so there is no possibility of devaluing either currency.

Long story short (not really), I think this would benefit the server because it will give people who can afford to buy gold the opportunity to jump right into the game and remain playing and also would allow people who have put a lot of time and effort to be rewarded or compensated for it. This gives old players and new players more incentive to log in and continue playing and if they end up with all the mounts in the game and a plethora of characters to play with; what would be the harm in that?

pls nooooooooo dont do this it will destroy economy 100 percent, people can sell coins outside of the shop and a lot  people  will have do no more efford to get for example epic riiding or farm for mats for flask ,would be a no go for me