Sign in to follow this  
Mitycircin

[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants(Updated to Patch 1.8)

6 hours ago, Storfan said:

They have no effect on each other, atleast no adverse effect. 40% of all your white auto-hits on a raid boss will always be glancing no matter how much weapon skill you have. Weaponskill only reduce the penalty of said glancing blows. If you cap your weapon skill you will still be having 40% of your white auto-hits as glancing blow, HOWEVER they will be doing 100% damage with zero penalty. Important to note is also that special attacks cannot be glancing, meaning if you where use Heroic Strike or cleave on every single GCD you'd effectively remove white auto-hits from your mainhand attacks. Your OH will always be subject to glancing blows though.

Ok makes sense. Thanks for the help. 

Then ultimately, the only user input affecting crit cap is +hit. To clarify that, is the dodge 8%? I feel like I've seen multiple answers to this around. 

The only answer that matters is what the code says, and it works like this in the specific case of white hits from behind against level 63 mob:

• Base chance your attacks are dodged is 5.6%

• Each point of weapon skill above 300 reduces dodge chance by 0.04%

• First 5 points of weapon skill above 300 reduce miss chance by 3% total

• Above 305, each point of weapon skill reduces miss chance by 0.1%

• Base miss chance is 9% for 2H/1H+shield, or 28% for dual wield

• Therefore 2 ways to affect your crit cap: more weapon skill or more hit

In summary, first 5 points of weapon skill (or weapon racial) is a pretty big deal, converting glance damage from 65% to 85%, and also equivalent to +3% hit, and 0.2% less chance to dodge.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:14 AM, Storfan said:

Felstriker is garbage. Totaly not worth the farm. Here's roughly how I'd rank them for a human.

With Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+CTS

2. Viskag+Crul

3. Viskag+Brut

4. Viskag+Maladath.

Without Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+Maladath

2. Viskag+CTS

3. Viskag+Crul

4. Viskag+Brut

As human using BRE but moving to DW soon (have Edgemasters), is it safe to say based on this that Vis'kag is the best weapon to pick up when possible? In ideal scenario, would CTS+Maladath not be superior?

1 hour ago, Skitter said:

As human using BRE but moving to DW soon (have Edgemasters), is it safe to say based on this that Vis'kag is the best weapon to pick up when possible? In ideal scenario, would CTS+Maladath not be superior?

The last math I saw on the subject put Viskag at faaaaar superior to CTS. As a human with Edgemasters you should aim for Viskag+CTS and screw maladath entirely.

Perhaps time to update this and the tank pre-bis list? Personally I would find it helpful to include all PVP items (as they are obtainable pre-raid) and upcoming 1.10 items.

Savage Gladiator Chain, Bloodmail Boots, Brigam Girdle etc.

Playing on Elysium PvP -

Any suggestions to the best current gear combination with edgemasters as fury Orc?
I was comitted to the rank 8 chest and legs, but since they're still on 1.4 patch for a while, i'm wondering which gear combination is currently the best with edgemasters, going into BWL. 

2 hours ago, Sicknot said:

Playing on Elysium PvP -

Any suggestions to the best current gear combination with edgemasters as fury Orc?
I was comitted to the rank 8 chest and legs, but since they're still on 1.4 patch for a while, i'm wondering which gear combination is currently the best with edgemasters, going into BWL. 

saw the black dragonscale set on most fury warris, so id assume its bis till u get bwl gear.

Wouldn't Flurry Axe > Thrash Blade for OH for an orc?
Or is it because of some "Chance on Hit cd" that it's preferred to get an extra attack with a 2.70?

2 hours ago, Kajjan said:

Wouldn't Flurry Axe > Thrash Blade for OH for an orc?
Or is it because of some "Chance on Hit cd" that it's preferred to get an extra attack with a 2.70?

No real reason actually. It just so happend to land above it. They are both basically equal with the main difference that the Sword is better for humans and the axe is better for orcs.

16 minutes ago, Storfan said:

No real reason actually. It just so happend to land above it. They are both basically equal with the main difference that the Sword is better for humans and the axe is better for orcs.

Ok, thank you.

Is Diamond Flask available on Elysium or is the server on a different patch?

Can't seem to be able to get any of the following quests from the NPCs.

1.A Troubled Spirit

2.Warrior Kinship

3.War on the Shadowsworn

4.Voodoo Feathers

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, Sicknot said:

Playing on Elysium PvP -

Deathbringer Deathbringer strikers, lionheart, ony neck, truestrkes, baron cape, that stupid rare scholo chest cadaverous or bloodthirst or deathdealer breastplate from brd, rend bracers/wristguards of stability/true flight, edgemasters, lbrs quest belt, cloudkeepers, saphiron scale boots, qsr, don Julio or blackstone ring if not available, HoJ, blackhands breath

On 2017-09-06 at 9:34 PM, Haestingas said:

Deathbringer Deathbringer strikers, lionheart, ony neck, truestrkes, baron cape, that stupid rare scholo chest cadaverous or bloodthirst or deathdealer breastplate from brd, rend bracers/wristguards of stability/true flight, edgemasters, lbrs quest belt, cloudkeepers, saphiron scale boots, qsr, don Julio or blackstone ring if not available, HoJ, blackhands breath

I'd replace deathdealer with Ogre forged hauberk and sapph boots with battlechaser's like in the original guide.

hello guys. I'm human fury warr, have no edgemasters. I have Krol, Viskag, Lobotomizer, Thrash blade. Could buy some boe. I'm too lazy to farm 5-10 mans.

what do you recommend for me to max my output damage in current patch at Elysium?

Right now using Krol MH + Viskag OH. too bad Krol MH only.

5 hours ago, Top said:

hello guys. I'm human fury warr, have no edgemasters. I have Krol, Viskag, Lobotomizer, Thrash blade. Could buy some boe. I'm too lazy to farm 5-10 mans.

what do you recommend for me to max my output damage in current patch at Elysium?

Right now using Krol MH + Viskag OH. too bad Krol MH only.

use Viskag MH and get yourself Mirah's Song or the AV mace as OH

On 25/09/2017 at 2:34 PM, Top said:

Stormstrike Hammer is really better than Lobotomizer as OH?

According to the pre-bis list that started this topic, the hammer isn't even listed, so I'd like to know this as well.

I already have the Stormstrike Hammer as OH and was thinking of buying the Lobotomizer as I have the rep.

Do you think it's a waste of gold to buy the Lobotomizer when I have the Stormstrike Hammer? I'm human.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, Ragingducks said:

According to the pre-bis list that started this topic, the hammer isn't even listed, so I'd like to know this as well.

I already have the Stormstrike Hammer as OH and was thinking of buying the Lobotomizer as I have the rep.

Do you think it's a waste of gold to buy the Lobotomizer when I have the Stormstrike Hammer? I'm human.

Lobo is a straight up NO, using that in raids is awful because it takes up a valuable debuff slot.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:13 AM, Storfan said:

The last math I saw on the subject put Viskag at faaaaar superior to CTS. As a human with Edgemasters you should aim for Viskag+CTS and screw maladath entirely.

So you would rank Edgemasters + Viskag + CTS as superior to Flameguard Gauntlets + Viskag + Maladath for a human?

5 hours ago, nemex said:

So you would rank Edgemasters + Viskag + CTS as superior to Flameguard Gauntlets + Viskag + Maladath for a human?

Most likely yes.

6 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Most likely yes.

Thanks for your input. I'm wondering how significant the difference is though because in my guild there's way more competition for CTS than Maladath. I currently use Edge, Vis + Brut and own flameguard so my plan was to scoop up Maladath, use flameguards and bank edge. I don't have access to the spreadsheet at the moment so can't test it out myself.

On 6.10.2017 at 7:54 PM, nemex said:

Thanks for your input. I'm wondering how significant the difference is though because in my guild there's way more competition for CTS than Maladath. I currently use Edge, Vis + Brut and own flameguard so my plan was to scoop up Maladath, use flameguards and bank edge. I don't have access to the spreadsheet at the moment so can't test it out myself.

that might be because maladath isnt a rogue weapon.

for the exact numbers use a spreadsheet.

With ZG coming out on Elysium, I was wondering, is Zin'rokh a lot better than Unstoppable Force as 2h fury?  I'm not hit capped yet, but should be in a couple weeks.  Should I shoot for the ZG fist set or something else?  I will play whatever spec is more damage.  I play an orc too. 

Is there an itemization list that includes ZG?

Edited by bmac