g2nightmare

Definitive Warlock Guide

On 31.07.2017 at 0:57 PM, Apems said:

does anyone know how to bring Vanillaguide back up if you have closed it please?

/vg toggle

8 minutes ago, jensenbeach said:

I was wondering when we are leveling to 60 when do we get are first Soul Shard bag at ?

12 slot from lvl 20 class quest.

16 slot from lvl 30 class quest.

20 slot whenever you craft or buy it.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:24 AM, jensenbeach said:

o i was wondering for SM / Ruin what pet do we use for raids and dungs ?

Phase shifted imp with fire shield turned off.

On 30.8.2017 at 9:36 AM, jensenbeach said:

When leveling to 60 what Main/Off Hand weps do we use ?

Its not importain with a good wepon while leveling as a caster, you wont save massive of time vs just using the latest staff you got from quest, but there is a nice lvl 22 staff with 14 or 22 shadow dmg called staff of shades or something, normaly around 10g, I used it from 22 to 60. 

You can also get a decent staff from blackfatorm dept/shadowfang keep lock class quest (pick up in middle barrens if horde), around 35 you get a nice offhand from classquest you can use with a dagger with shadow dmg or stamina (or the one from SM libary), then its a nice staff from hakkar in sunken temple or if your rich and leveling an alt the best is staff of jordan (about 300g) .

Just have a lookout for wepons/armor with shadowspell dmg or called "off stamina" or "of the eagle" if you want to have the best gear for your level, you can buy some since you don't have to pay for mount but imo just do the classquest in your early 30's for Enchanted Gold Bloodrobe then use the gold on shadoweave head/shoulders/gloves/legs around level 40 and try to stack stamina on the rest of your gear, but overall it won't make a big differeence on your time played to 60 

Wonderful guide for beginners! It helps so much to have all the info in 1 place.

I do have a couple of notes for it, though:

- Arcanum of Focus is only 8 spell damage, not 9.

- Being SM/Ruin doesn't automatically mean you will be doing Curse of Agony.

- DS/Ruin is definitely NOT a glass cannon (at least not more so than SM/Ruin), as you get +15% stamina over the SM build and a bigger Healthstone; and if you're farming, saccing a VW makes up for the lost regen of SL and then some.

I assume this guide stopped being worked on? OP hasn't posted since 2016. and the original creater botmaster5/xashe hasn't posted since feb on the nost post. will an AQ+ updated spreadsheet ever happen?

newbie here, thanks for the guide.

quick question, im lvl 20 now and i actually have immolate at rank 3... and it does 145 damage total (45 + 90 DoT). corruption is doing 100 and CoA 184. isnt worth it to put immolate on the rotation for <20s and >20s fights?

On 1/2/2017 at 1:26 AM, Larsen said:

I never take Imp. Drain Soul. It's such a hassle to use and the need to get the killing blow with the spell's pitiful damage negates a lot of what you gain from the extra mana regen. Mana is never really an issue and I'd rather not have to go through that annoying little Drain Soul dance with every mob I kill. You'll take several extra hits and waste several seconds doing it. If you grind the right way, you should have no downtime anyway so there's no serious need for more mana. Got better things to do than try to finish mobs off with a channeled DoT that does like 3% damage per tick.

The smoothest leveling spec I've found is Dark Pact and drain-tanking mobs while your succubus attacks and is ready to offtank adds. You stay at full life all the time and never have to worry about pet aggro, plus Seduce makes you virtually ungankable. You can also use the imp for even more mana regen, but then your pet offers no damage and no help in PvP. The spec is amazing for survivability because you have pushback protection for your Drain Life, your pet free to tank adds so you don't waste time and mana on fear, and instant free mana from Dark Pact.

Dark Pact is an insanely powerful ability that only becomes bad at 60 when it prevents you from getting Ruin. You don't want Ruin while leveling anyway, and the ability to regain half a mana bar in two globals is absurdly strong in both PvE and mid-level PvP.

The base spec looks like this and then you can take whatever you want after 40. I usually go with the same Destruction talents as SM/Ruin so I have a good Shadow Bolt and can DPS properly in dungeons around 50 when you get access to the ones that actually contain gear worth taking the time to get. This route gives you a spec that's fantstic for solo leveling, gank prevention, and doing pre-60 dungeons.

Imp. CoA is completely unnecessary :D that spell is like 20% of your damage and half the time the mob is dead before you get the good ticks anyway. Spending three points to increase your DPS by like 1-2% is grossly wasteful and serves absolutely no purpose while leveling.

It's so simple and smooth to play. You basically do this:
- Pull mob with Corruption + CoA (or Siphon Life if you want)
- Drain Life until mob is dead
- Loot, Lifetap + Dark Pact, pull another

If you get an add or want to tag more than one mob at a time, have the pet attack it to get aggro (or just Seduce); you waste no time or mana handling it. You can handle two adds if you fear, but I don't see the point of spending that much extra mana trying to juggle three mobs. You can probably tank two mobs while draining, too, but then you won't finish the fight at full health and your Drain Life will get interrupted more.

If you get ganked while fighting a mob, simply Seduce and finish the mob. Dark Pact once or twice, then start the fight at full life and mana. Melees don't expect you to be able to just stand there tanking them with your considerable self-healing.

Holy fucking shit. This build is phenomenal and vastly superior to the standard affliction build post 40. You almost never run out of mana or health. Imp Drain Soul DOES NOT scale well past 40 and I was having mana problems a lot. Not anymore with the DP build, none at all.

I’m also wondering if the shadowwrath/shadoweave gear is better than the blues from dungeons or tier 1 since they give little to no spell power.