username123

Cheating in dungeons

On Van Cleef, if your healer jumps on canon and nobody touches ads they stick to him, but cant reach him, so your party just need to dps boss then deal with ads after.

In Uldaman, you quickly run out last room before door closes so boss chase you upstairs and his ads need to move up as well once spawned.

interesting, we should turn this into a juicy abuse thread where we list all the different tricks there exist ^^

What I'm wondering, is how the door exploit worked back on Nost. Multiple times, I witnessed people use some kind of exploit that allowed them to open doors in dungeons, for example, the door that opens after you defeat 7 dwarves, or the door to the final boss in DM East. They would walk up to it, their character would start doing the crafting animation, and then the door would just open. This meant that on a BRD lava run, you could also hit up 7d, and in DM East, you could just go straight to the last boss.

How the hell did people do this?

Edited by gotmilk0112

For BRD, Shadowforge key opened that door, also rogue could lockpick. Trick was in puting key/skill on your action bars and spaming keybind till its start doing its thing.

For DME probably same with Crescent key, never tried it cause you can just blink through and also get behind last boss without killing him.

It's probably seen as "clever use of game mechanics". But dont take my word for it.

EDIT: As a comparison, in ZG it is allowed to tank mandokir and raptor bellow pyramid, while raid stands on the ledges of the pyramid in order to avoid charge. I have had this confirmed by Pottu himself as a legit tactic.

Edited by Storfan

I do remember action being taken on those who used "clever game mechanics" to pull a LBRS boss to UBRS. Hard to draw a line about what is "clever" and what is bad.

Without official word I'd say if you are asking yourself the question if it's ok or not it's probably not a good idea to do.

Edited by Gunari

Actually it is pretty simple.

Just make common sense check

Anyone pulling LBRS boss from UBRS bridge, or putting healer on cannon to avoid VC adds rape healer and claiming that it was clever usage of game mechanics is just flat out rude toward those who actually do things proper way. Like, hell, you are smart cause you know how to cheat game and make something that should not happen, actually happen? We left retail cause we don't agree with current effort/reward ratio that Blizzard use. So why would you cheat game to make something easier for you?

Call it as it is:

Abusing game mechanics.

Edited by Elviss

No offence, but seriously... Using any exploits, are you serious...? It's not "being smart" - it's, pardon my words, being stupid and ruining yourself all the fun... I mean, the dev team here surely tries to make everything as much blizz-like as it was back then, and you're worried about some exploits you can use? I agree with Elviss - such behaviour is abusing the game mechanics, not "playing smartly"..

why would you cheat in deadmines ? :D

Idk really....perhaps they feel like they are good players cause they know how to use exploit...

No offence, but seriously... Using any exploits, are you serious...? It's not "being smart" - it's, pardon my words, being stupid and ruining yourself all the fun... I mean, the dev team here surely tries to make everything as much blizz-like as it was back then, and you're worried about some exploits you can use? I agree with Elviss - such behaviour is abusing the game mechanics, not "playing smartly"..

I Also agree with elviss and thaeliaris

Most new groups going for deadmines will have to little gear, or missing a few levels for last boss, so most of them cheat using the canon trick. Its more normal to cheat on the boss then to not cheat on it afaik.

Most new groups going for deadmines will have to little gear, or missing a few levels for last boss, so most of them cheat using the canon trick. Its more normal to cheat on the boss then to not cheat on it afaik.

Its more normal to cheat?!?............(shakes head in disbelief)........sigh.

Its more normal to cheat?!?............(shakes head in disbelief)........sigh.

yes, i did way to many deadmines pug runs on my alts, and almost all of the groups asked for the canon trick.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:30 AM, Elviss said:

putting healer on cannon to avoid VC adds rape healer and claiming that it was clever usage of game mechanics is just flat out rude toward those who actually do things proper way.

Call it as it is: Abusing game mechanics.

This is how a generation of bad tanks is born.