Shenna

Our official response to Nostalrius — Elysium will prevail!

And you people thought it funny to joke about Blizzard being connected to the mysterious leak of passwords and to transfer problems.

Guess the joke's on you.

Even though I'm still angry at Nostalrius for being assholes, I can understand the position they're in. WoW is just a video game and nobody wants to get sued to death because of a video game. The one I'm truly angry is Blizzard.

Also, from todays viewpoint yesterdays panic really seems unnecessary. Although, there were a lot of uncertainties.

13 minutes ago, NecroKnight said:

Even though I'm still angry at Nostalrius for being assholes, I can understand the position they're in. WoW is just a video game and nobody wants to get sued to death because of a video game. The one I'm truly angry is Blizzard.

Also, from todays viewpoint yesterdays panic really seems unnecessary. Although, there were a lot of uncertainties.

The rationale to not be mad at them is reaching the conclusion they're lying to our faces with their "this is better for legacy" claim. I'm still mad.

1 minute ago, Healy said:

The rationale to not be mad at them is reaching the conclusion they're lying to our faces with their "this is better for legacy" claim. I'm still mad.

Well, I'm not up to date with everything. It's hard for me to keep track of this sh**storm.

Elysium can't be trusted. They had a well thought out response to Nostalrius several days prior to Nostalrius announcing their demands. Elysium also edited a post on Twitter after the leak.

Nostalrius obviously has money in mind here. They've been bought by Blizzard and have even been advertising and selling stupid t-shirts. They're advocating "official" legacy servers from Blizzard even though nobody wants them. Nobody wants them in the sense that they will be utter sh**! They would implement services to pay for such as XP boost, heirlooms, transmorg gear, shiny mounts, etc. I highly doubt even 1% of players have had in mind that they're fighting for a bigger cause by playing on Nostalrius or Elysium. Nobody has had in mind that they're fighting for "official" legacy servers from Blizzard by playing on these servers. We play because we love vanilla and that's it.

So the real question we should be asking ourselves is wether Elysium is with Nostalrius on this one. The first hint we have is that Elysium too is strongly advocating "official" legacy servers by Blizzard. The 2nd hint is the fact that Elysium is being submissive to Nostalrius when it should be supportive to the community. They should be telling Nostarlius to f*** off. Instead of doing that they're complying to remove the Nostalrius core and all data from non-transferred characters. And in their response they don't even mention that Nostalrius shut down the transferring service. They shut down the tranferring process, totally eradicating tremendous dedication and history from our lives and Elysium doesn't even react!

Elysium is doing shady stuff by not letting the community decide wether to comply to Nostalrius' demands or not. Take a look at the Nostalrius forums and you'll see a tremendous hatred towards Nostalrius. Any idiot could've figured that one out. Elysium is not letting us decide, which means it's in collusion with Nostalrius, Elysium has had a well thought out response several days in advance prior to Nostalrius announcing their sh**. Shady, very shady. Elysium can't be trusted.

If anything we're simply giving the finger to Blizzard by playing on private servers. They're the last ones we'd ask for legal vanilla servers due to the fact that they messed them up in the first place. The original team that worked on vanilla WoW has perished. In has come a group of shadowy figures that have nothing in mind but to absorb our money and hypnotize us with their political ideas.

I don't think I would support a united effort with Blizzard actually, even if they eventually decided to create a Legacy server.

When they first built World of Warcraft (and the first couple expansions), they did a fantastic job and created interesting game play. Many years at $15 a month and several expansions later, they've made it clear that their core beliefs are now more geared towards seducing new subscribers with flashy gimmicks and quick endgame access along an almost singular story line, rather than working with a loyal community that already supported (paid) them. 

Five expansions into it, the game should be harder, not easier. Character building should be more in-depth, not more streamlined. Two examples of many.

Because of Blizzard's choices, they have in my book, burnt their bridges. This is why I was thrilled to find the Elysium Project.

Just my 2 copper.

7 minutes ago, Kako19 said:

So are all Nost characters deleted that have been transferred from Nost to Elysium ???

No, if you transferred your character with the tokens, you're fine. But for those that didn't, then their characters are gone.

What do you mean with tokens? When I go to Control Panel, all my characters are listed there, but I can´t connect to the server, cause the game stucks on authenticating????

23 hours ago, ZaWarudo said:

Listen guys : 

You wanna be honnest and don't wanna use nost core because it's their property , OK

But the characters on both nost pvp and pve are the PLAYERS PROPERTY , the players created them , leveled them , geared them , those don't belong to Nost , and you don't have any obligation about this

are you retarded it's their fucking server you cannot possibly argue this.

but anyways something very fishy is going on. and it seems like a publicity stunt for this server to be up. i bet nost will come back with population graphs and cute pie charts to blizzard.

7 hours ago, Ivina said:

But, people, do you actually think Viper and whoever is with him now, it THAT stupid? There is OBVIOUSLY a hidden reason. I'm even sad to see such a flow of hate posts (mostly on Nostalrius's forum post), because people don't understand. When it is so obvious something has no sense, kids insult, but adults use their brain! To all haters: grow up

Well said except from the hate towards Nostalrius. They deserve every single middle finger they can get. We hate goldsellers, but atleast they are open about their operations. The shady scum over at Nostalrius on the other hand have sold their authenticity for money. Behind the curtains, like thugs!

16 hours ago, TheHappyCatsTail said:

it still is shady to be completely honest.... Elysium was just casually working on a new core? just in case something like this were to happen? and putting all their time into this as well as launching 4 servers..... strikes me as blatant bullshit. but in all honesty i dont really care, you do what you gotta do and i trust the elysium team has our backs. this "legacy realm" stuff is never going to happen so we really need to face that fact and move on with what we do have and that is a great team at Elysium.

Wise post. It's been choreographed for a long time. First Nostalrius gives their data to Elysium. Then Elysium complies on deleting Nostalrius data while at the same time copying and pasting it with their own label. Thus Nostalrius regains loyalty to Blizzard and Elysium gets to be a target for bribery aswell. A couple of elites at the top get paychecks while the playerbase will be run over once again.

1 hour ago, Wirt said:

Elysium can't be trusted. They had a well thought out response to Nostalrius several days prior to Nostalrius announcing their demands. Elysium also edited a post on Twitter after the leak.

Nostalrius obviously has money in mind here. They've been bought by Blizzard and have even been advertising and selling stupid t-shirts. They're advocating "official" legacy servers from Blizzard even though nobody wants them. Nobody wants them in the sense that they will be utter sh**! They would implement services to pay for such as XP boost, heirlooms, transmorg gear, shiny mounts, etc. I highly doubt even 1% of players have had in mind that they're fighting for a bigger cause by playing on Nostalrius or Elysium. Nobody has had in mind that they're fighting for "official" legacy servers from Blizzard by playing on these servers. We play because we love vanilla and that's it.

So the real question we should be asking ourselves is wether Elysium is with Nostalrius on this one. The first hint we have is that Elysium too is strongly advocating "official" legacy servers by Blizzard. The 2nd hint is the fact that Elysium is being submissive to Nostalrius when it should be supportive to the community. They should be telling Nostarlius to f*** off. Instead of doing that they're complying to remove the Nostalrius core and all data from non-transferred characters. And in their response they don't even mention that Nostalrius shut down the transferring service. They shut down the tranferring process, totally eradicating tremendous dedication and history from our lives and Elysium doesn't even react!

Elysium is doing shady stuff by not letting the community decide wether to comply to Nostalrius' demands or not. Take a look at the Nostalrius forums and you'll see a tremendous hatred towards Nostalrius. Any idiot could've figured that one out. Elysium is not letting us decide, which means it's in collusion with Nostalrius, Elysium has had a well thought out response several days in advance prior to Nostalrius announcing their sh**. Shady, very shady. Elysium can't be trusted.

Official Blizzard Legacy servers are not even a thing. And they are not a thing primarily because Blizzard are not interested in producing them.

Therefore, discussing Official Blizzard Legacy servers is a waste of time, pretty much like discussing the existence of the Sasquatch.

55 minutes ago, Erjh8765 said:

pretty much like discussing the existence of the Sasquatch.

Yes, because the Sasquatch is obviously real.

47 minutes ago, Erjh8765 said:

Official Blizzard Legacy servers are not even a thing. And they are not a thing primarily because Blizzard are not interested in producing them.

Therefore, discussing Official Blizzard Legacy servers is a waste of time, pretty much like discussing the existence of the Sasquatch.

Absolutely. And that's the key to all of the things going on right now. Why are Nostalrius and Elysium frenetically supporting these so-called "official" legacy servers by Blizzard? The renunciatory response from Blizzard and the time that has passed should be enough to get ones hopes down. Yet Nostalrius is advocating these servers more than ever and Elysium has jumped in their wagon.

Nostalrius didn't shut down their servers because of a threat letter they supposedly got from Blizzard's lawyers. They know that Blizzard would never carry such a thing out because it would reputate them as bullies, losing them more than a hundred of thousands of subscriptions. Since Blizzard won't shut private servers down the simple answer is that they bought Nostalrius from within.

We need more transparency on this. You confirmed the leak of your initial announcement returning to your old core and abandoning nost's core. On your final announcement, you don't address the outrage people had at this announcement, and just claim you're using nost core now. Please explain what your intentions truly are, this is becoming very irritating to try to understand. IMO, It seems like damage control.

People don't care about being called "pirates". People don't care about some "morals" when playing WoW on a private server. We just want to play the game.

4 hours ago, ExOicho said:

We need more transparency on this. You confirmed the leak of your initial announcement returning to your old core and abandoning nost's core. On your final announcement, you don't address the outrage people had at this announcement, and just claim you're using nost core now. Please explain what your intentions truly are, this is becoming very irritating to try to understand. IMO, It seems like damage control.

Probably Elysium have no clear answer to this at this moment. I hope they will answer to us when they find out what just happened to Nostalrius team and what they should do. 

Viper sells by 30 copper?Dont worry- It makes us stronger!

This STRESS test will make us the best Vanilla community.

AVE ELLYSIUM!