Sign in to follow this  
Lopherus

Molten Core Clear - Quintessences/Integrity

2 hours ago, Lopherus said:

While you appear to care about flaming (and I couldn't care less), I care about a correctly scripted server. My hope is that the developers notice what I point out here, and investigate if the act of having to use quintessences is correctly scripted, as well as the way to obtain them. 

thread -  https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/33703-are-the-admins-looking-into-the-rag-kill/

check out the other thread.

Edited by Imbaslap

You guys are really slow. Short bus slow all the guys is asking is if the Quintessences are on par with the early release of MC on retail.

Which most importantly requires you to kill and get the hands of rags lieutenants before you can even get the Quintessences. So if on par after the lieutenants are killed you would have to be porting back and forth which due to the raid timing is not possible and did not happen. 

So personally I am assuming the Quintessences dont have the same requirements as true vanilla.

As for gear it is under tuned plain and simple. If this bursts your I am playing on a true vanilla experience bubble to bad so sad.

As ich heared of the kill i thought the same as this topic.

Back in times on vanilla i got a server first ragnaros kill on a later released german server. In 2005! 

And our guild had the knowlegde on Mc before ! 

I was serverfirst lvl 60 ! (Hunter btw)

And the first thing to say is : in silithus werent waterelementals at this stage of server ! 

We grinded at azshara ! And eastern plague ! 

Silithus defenitely had no fucking waterelementals!  

Second : i farmed 1 day of playtime to get enough reputation for getting honored to get the quest of the quintessence .

And we were only 2 people on our first mc run with enough reputation ,and we handled it like most said whis teleporting to do this as we had the repu! 

But we couldnt handle ragnaros 3 weeks long : 

First, we couldnt reach the executor on time issues , then golemagg oneshoted our tanks several times, and last but not least , we had no reputation!

Then ragnaros enreged 2 days in a row with all the buff we could get then easy at next step! 

On the other hand , elysium has other talents on most classes as we had to this time .

I dont believe either that thing whith the reputation , the kill i can handle , that quintessence rep not , it took us 3 weeks to get enough reputation because of : 

You only got 5999 rep point on friendly to honored ! 

You only got reputation at mc itself ! Back in times ... we needed 3 weeks to get revered ! For the quintessence!  3 weeks with 9 days of farming and killing bosses to get it ! 

So i only think its possible because the are wrong codes and facts to original vanilla wow .

Never the less i respect these people which took their free time to get this kill ! 

I know this sleeples days and nights back in time ! 

Respect and honor to you all ! 

Why is it hard for you shrubs to understand that you can farm rep.  

Outside and within MC.  You get your aqual quest of killing some of the mobs in MC done, can do this with 20 people in greens.  Then you are on the part of killing the bosses for the hands.    Get your 4 hands, go finish the quest, then go douse the runes of the bosses you already killed.

Quit asking the same damn question and saying this isn't possible.

Also I tanked MC @ level 58 when Nost first launched.  You don't need everybody 60 and pre-BiS, you need warm bodies.

Countless people told you all "level playing field" advocates that unless you no life if the first week, you will always be playing "catch up".

Enjoy MC with only 3 good drops for 7 months.

Edited by Undertanker

15 hours ago, VladAtheris said:

This should be very clear to everyone. They didn't cheat but the MC instance is not perfectly blizzlike. They use the mangos core, right? They call it the elysium core but it's basically just an adaptation of the mangos one.

Plus, they switched back to their original scripts after the whole nost drama if I understand it correctly.

Bottom line is this. It can't be blizzlike, it never will be.

There is another team building a new core from scratch. It will be interesting to see how their server turns out but for now this is what we got and it's pretty good for being free.

They haven't swapped back yet. They stated it would take them weeks before this was possible. The Nost Core is also mangos, so the Nost core is just an adaption of the mangos core. Where do you think the shit storm from them not releasing the core back to mangos stems from? 

MC is a shit tier raid. It always has been. Half of your raid could be asleep and you'd be fine, if the other half were competent players. On top of all this, we need to look at some pretty important stuff. 

MC was the release raid for World of Warcraft. Meaning it was tuned for release talents and spells. We're running with 1.12.1 Talents and abilities. That makes a BIG difference. Its what can make this doable with an undergeared raid. There are a lot of things that were added to all kinds of classes that bump the DPS up quite a bit. But this is hardly the argument at the heart of the thread.

Its very possible to get honored with the waterlords just by grinding mobs in Silithus, to pretend its not, is plain ignorance. 

Its a server first on a private server for a 13 year old game. Is this really something to give this much of a shit about? 

no, im impressed and respect their enthusiasm and respect the kill and their work they done! 

but im shocked, couse i realize that the nost core isnt that blizzlike to that what i thinking back in times to vanilla. i had this experience 12 years ago. and yes you didnt need back in times bis gear and can farm Trashmobs. its only the fact that something isnt correctly to that state of tuning to that, what it were back in time. 

Without talking about the specifics of this raid, I think people's main concern is how Blizzlike is this server?  These concerns tie in with people questioning whether Elysium is using the Nost core.  So while I believe them when they say they are using the Nost core, I don't believe it's configured like Nost was.  Everyone loved Nost for a lot of reasons but a big one was how "Blizzlike" they were.

So with that said, the fact that 20-40 people were able to go from 0-60, or close to 60, farm the rep and gear, and then clear MC in 11 days....is not "Blizzlike".  I don't care if the 1.12.1 talents outscale the content or if everyone knows the best path for leveling or you don't need the best gear or you're a "nolifer", you still shouldn't be able to reach 60 in 11 days, let alone full clear MC.

My question is how long should it take to get to 60 Blizzlike?  I thought I remembered it would take you a month to hit cap if you knew what you were doing and were a nolifer.

In my opinion, the devs should reevaluate the current server config against the Nost config to make it more Blizzlike and review what these guys did and tune accordingly.

1 hour ago, Henceforth said:

FYI

They are running the old nostalrius core. STILL.

So if you say "ZOMFG NOT BLIZZLIKE MC" well, that is how it was in Nostalrius. So, if you want, Legion is VERY VERY blizzlike.

Or if you can contribute, they have QA opening. Maybe you can contribute with precise details about the aspect of every raid boss and dungeon and they can be perfectly tuned like "blizzlike", otherwise, stfu and if something is undertuned, open a bug tracker and provide sources other than you shitty opinion. Things will get fixed within time, since nobody here is working for you.

Were all your 217 posts just rude, condescending, angry, and non-constructive attempts at put-downs? You must have a lot of spare time on your hands. 

Edited by Lopherus

2 hours ago, Slack said:

Without talking about the specifics of this raid, I think people's main concern is how Blizzlike is this server?  These concerns tie in with people questioning whether Elysium is using the Nost core.  So while I believe them when they say they are using the Nost core, I don't believe it's configured like Nost was.  Everyone loved Nost for a lot of reasons but a big one was how "Blizzlike" they were.

So with that said, the fact that 20-40 people were able to go from 0-60, or close to 60, farm the rep and gear, and then clear MC in 11 days....is not "Blizzlike".  I don't care if the 1.12.1 talents outscale the content or if everyone knows the best path for leveling or you don't need the best gear or you're a "nolifer", you still shouldn't be able to reach 60 in 11 days, let alone full clear MC.

My question is how long should it take to get to 60 Blizzlike?  I thought I remembered it would take you a month to hit cap if you knew what you were doing and were a nolifer.

In my opinion, the devs should reevaluate the current server config against the Nost config to make it more Blizzlike and review what these guys did and tune accordingly.

Like i said earlier, i had a vanilla serverfirst lvl 60 ( 20 minute earlier than another hunter) , i needed 11 days with /played 7days 8 hours.

It was possible back in the days.

But it took 8 days more to have 19 other lvl 60 to create a guild and farm mc reputation and than 3 weeks to kill ragnaros.

The only factor i still think isnt right tuned seems the reputation you get from 1 mc run , and it seems like the isnt a reputation cap friendly 5999 like it was 2004-2006.

Im only lvl 35

so if someone 55+ can give data to this statement if there is this cap it would help alot to clarify if there is something wrong ! 

Perhaps its only a little fix that you get too much rep from waterelementals or mc .

Again you guys are special breed. I see so much flaming of retail wow and the "entitled" retail players on here plus from so many private server vanilla players. Thinking you are here playing a challenging game. But if you think hitting 60 and being able to clear all vanilla content is a few weeks time is a challenge GG to you.

This is one big reason blizz will never bring the legacy servers no one here could handle what true retail vanilla was and the legacy forums would just revert back to the endless bitching and demanding of changes which was what evolved wow into the game it is today. Why are they gonna waste man hours doing something they did years ago.

Hate to break it to you guys these servers only have all of the time sinks that were in vanilla and almost none of the challenge.

Edited by KimmyG

"Not enough rep for 1-run"...

This has been covered, you farm rep in in Silithus, you get rep off trash.  Trash (Dogs and rock elements) respawn in a short amount of time.   

The "I'm going to roll fresh for level playing field" people are just butt hurt at what people been telling you all along.  You will always be behind somebody else. 

Comparing 2005 leveling to now?  Questing was painful back then when a quest says "somewhere in the world"  Now people have add-ons integrating all the information you need on your map and quest log.  Known grind spots, which quest not to do.  Stronger abilities to level with.  More class knowledge.  And you guys got insane dynamic respawn rates to increase grinding, kill quest and the works.

TFW you wait a month to play and day dream about server first, and you missed it by 25 levels.  Enjoy Molten Core.

Your concerns about how they doused the runes in one run would be answered if you bothered to watch the video. For your convenience, here is the relevant timestamp where they discuss getting summoning teams set up for the player who completed the quest for the hands. It's extremely likely that they had a quick trash farm raid to complete the trash prequest before this raid even happened. That would have given them the rep to reach honored on this run. What a silly thread.

Edited by Lorilay

so wait it's 2017 and people are still surprised when MC gets cleared within 2-3 weeks of every pserv release?

Edited by Ohhgee

6 hours ago, Lorilay said:

Your concerns about how they doused the runes in one run would be answered if you bothered to watch the video. For your convenience, here is the relevant timestamp where they discuss getting summoning teams set up for the player who completed the quest for the hands. It's extremely likely that they had a quick trash farm raid to complete the trash prequest before this raid even happened. That would have given them the rep to reach honored on this run. What a silly thread.

Thanks for digging this up. This seems to strongly indicate that the mechanism to douse at least is implemented properly, which was what I was concerned about. 

On 1/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, Swineflu said:

What exactly do you not get? It's entirely feasible to have enough dousers this early on. Just because you're a moron who can't work that out doesn't mean there's something wrong with the server integrity.

no reason to be insulting/rude

Hey if you have some smartass remark to make about check the video how about you post the timestamps of one each quenitesseence was used

you dipshits im not watching an 8hr video of some fat neckbeards clearing a broken 10 year old raid whille abusing mechanics in order to finish

both of your tanks would have been one shot immediately throughout the encounter. fucking rag sat on a pet causing 0 dmg for 30 seconds. get out of here. undertuned boss, not a qualified server first. I congratulate the next guild who completes this raid legitimately and will be held as the first official server kill of rag

Edited by ceoddyn

ignores iterally 60% of the post I wrote

aso, yes, both tanks would have been one shot immediately not because rag is simple but because they were seriously undergeared

fortunately for them rag spent half the encounter bugged out targetting pets without attacking them

and the lava bursts were non existent

this kill is 'legitimate" ahahahahaha

Edited by ceoddyn

2 hours ago, ceoddyn said:

Hey if you have some smartass remark to make about check the video how about you post the timestamps of one each quenitesseence was used

Since you failed to read my previous post I'll post it again:

Your concerns about how they doused the runes in one run would be answered if you bothered to watch the video. For your convenience, here is the relevant timestamp where they discuss getting summoning teams set up for the player who completed the quest for the hands. It's extremely likely that they had a quick trash farm raid to complete the trash prequest before this raid even happened. That would have given them the rep to reach honored on this run. What a silly thread.

If rag was undertuned, then he's undertuned for everyone else on the server who failed to kill him first. I don't see how that's relevant at all here. This thread is just so salty!

Edit: read through your post history, and it looks like you're just a salty person who got gkicked from a guild that didn't like salty people. Glad you found something else to be salty about.

Edited by Lorilay

3 hours ago, Lorilay said:

If rag was undertuned, then he's undertuned for everyone else on the server who failed to kill him first. I don't see how that's relevant at all here.

I do. I don't need to go stalking through your post history like a creep with too much time on their hands to know that you have your nose stuck so far up Elysium's asshole that you're incapable of informative discussion.

BTW, the elysium server was claimed to be a separate core. It is a the same core as Anathema. Blow smoke up my ass about that.

Edited by ceoddyn

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎21 at 8:04 PM, KimmyG said:

Again you guys are special breed. I see so much flaming of retail wow and the "entitled" retail players on here plus from so many private server vanilla players. Thinking you are here playing a challenging game. But if you think hitting 60 and being able to clear all vanilla content is a few weeks time is a challenge GG to you.

This is one big reason blizz will never bring the legacy servers no one here could handle what true retail vanilla was and the legacy forums would just revert back to the endless bitching and demanding of changes which was what evolved wow into the game it is today. Why are they gonna waste man hours doing something they did years ago.

Hate to break it to you guys these servers only have all of the time sinks that were in vanilla and almost none of the challenge.

World first rag. Look at that fiery weapon top rogue. He doesn't even have slice and dice on his bars.

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

World first rag. Look at that fiery weapon top rogue. He doesn't even have slice and dice on his bars.

So one guys build makes this servers Ragnaros properly tuned? No.

I stand by my point and you can get back on the short bus.

Anyone who played retail vanilla obviously knows that this raid is undertuned. It is not even a question if people are going in here in full greens, not even max level and completing the entire raid in 7 hours. I am not arguing of the other topics addressed here in this topic, but this instance is 100% undertuned. The tank would likely be getting one shot in full greens on retail vanilla. It is kind of disappointing to see because I like the challenge of getting that epic piece of gear. However, I am not taking credit away from their first rag kill. This is more of a question for the devs. Was it intended to be completed with not even a full raid while everyone was wearing greens?

Hopefully they bump the health of bosses and trash as well as make everything hit harder. This just doesn't seem "blizzlike" like it could be.

Regards,