Shenna

Elysium Project: Moving Forward!

6 часов назад, Shenna сказал:

Content Release.jpg

Hi everyone,

We’ve seen a lot of questions surrounding the future of Elysium’s development staff, and we want to address those for everyone.

Our previous Lead Developer, Aunt Owl, has stepped down from his role. During this transition, we had Asura (from Crestfall & LGN) step in and pick up the reigns until a suitable replacement was found. 

Since then, Asura has decided to step down from the Legacy Gaming Network, and cease any work on Elysium. We are sorry to see him go, but, we understand he has his reasons.

We would like to share some new internal changes with you, in light of recent developments.

First off, we have promoted a new Lead Developer: Sidsukana!

Sidsukana has been working in the emulation community for over 8 years. He is the author of several tools including Qt Spellwork, and is a member of CMaNGOS-classic.

He has vast knowledge in C++ & SQL, the emulator’s architecture, and is the author and manager of Elysium’s anti-spam and Honor systems. Sidsukana was also integral in the merger with Nostalrius. We are excited to have him move into this new role!

Also, we are glad to welcome a few new developers to the team:

• Giperion
  • Holland
  • Havric
  • Stinkz

These new developers have been on the team for a short amount of time now, and we have seen some excellent work from them so far. We’re really excited for this new chapter in development!

Finally: Ahn’Qiraj! All development resources are currently focused on completing the War Effort. We’re almost done - and this is our #1 priority.

Thank you for your support and all the positive messages that we’ve received lately. They were great messages, and we could tell they came from the heart. This is the voice of the majority, and we know that these are the voices that we should listen to.

Next week we will be announcing the launch date of the War Effort, and will hopefully have some more news for you on the AQ release!

Elysium Staff

@Shenna & devs, get AQ40 & naxx out in good shape and i promise you we're as happy as one could get. This is free, hard, sweaty, bloody & exhausting work.
I and the majory are here to experience what once was, not to burn the oppurtinity down.

No words can describe the joy of having a blizzlike server to play on with a progressive raid rollout at that!

Keep this in mind whenever you feel like not coding on a bad day. :)

<3

Edit: Just listened to the "leaked?" soundcloud file of meeting with shenna, devs & hades(lol language bro)/nightmare resigning.

A campfire was found & people feeling cold wants to light the whole forest on fire. The project needs to better their internal communication & perhaps put a more solid structure on how official statements are made(read: official statements go through more than 1 human before publish).

As for restricting access to the owner of the hardware that has to be done together with the owner, his understanding & presence as you talk about it. Otherwise i suppose you want if you don't already have a way to monitor access of everyone & what they do with that access(logs should never be tampered with in any way shape or form).

Language barriers will always be hard so typing instead with grand clarification is a good way to start. Props to anyone who are selftaught in any language and manages to have a conversation with it.

Lastly for a project to succeed there's no such things as ultimatums but there's a need for a strong decisive lead with a great team to back up that lead.

Saying that i'm just a low bottom feeder who wants to game on my free time & have no experience with big projects such as these but i feel they're just about teamwork on a larger scale.

Edited by Crusherix

4 hours ago, Oyani said:

Really? Just gonna sweep it under the rug like that? Why is this person still on the team after losing their shit like that? Also, what're you gonna do about the new influx of cheaters we saw flying around Orgrimmar yesterday? And what happened with the matter of people buying gear? You're denying it happened? So it didn't happen then and that's it? No proof to your case? So many questions, so little answers.

You see level 1's flying around.  they get banned  wake me when u see level 50's flying around...Nobody is gonna take the time to level to fly around and risk getting banned so it really doesn't matter.

I have been listening to: soundcloud.com/user-497661891/elysium-staff-meeting

along with keeping an eye on what transpired on Elysium and i just cannot shake the thought that this is simply a repeat of how this issue came to be in the first place due to not checking recruits background thoroughly but rushing yourselves like you did the release. rush promoting a 3rd person since the first two didnt want to and then quickly hiring new developers... how long did you even test them since first bringing them up now ?

Of course i wish you good luck and it is hard to ever overcome the taint you achieved when it became known that a GM had both sold gold and deleted tracks behind himself. It should have been basic procedure that a GM should not have access to logs and developers should not have GM rights on live thus preventing most issues unless a GM and Dev teams up which is beyond rare unless they know eachother from before the project.

When it comes down to a final verdict on the Elysium case i must say the lead seems rather lacking as he gives in to emotion and cuts his ties hoping his team fixes the situation rather than going in and assisting or trying to come up with a solution... this can by the way be confirmed from listening to the meeting. I am sorry but what was found might only be the tip of the iceberg since logs where deleteable by people of GM level and who knows if there is 1 more considering the team never realized or admitted they realized but a player had to investigate the whole thing... Sorry but to me i see three promising servers out there, one is very new, another has been called dead over and over but still lives and proven to have the best anti-hack and a medium playerbase, and the third is kinda ancient but it never had issues like this one.

note: i know this is asking curiously but i am waiting to see if freedom of speech is permitted or not otherwise curiosity killed the cat ;)

Edited by curiosity the cat

Maybe a little off topic but i hope you work on Fear Disconnect bug aswell as hard as you can we have pretty much every nefarian kill main tank DC due the fear bug and i don't know how to prevent that we had 2x tanks 2x shamans with tremors and still when the time comes and they both cant berserker rage the fear we got both of the tanks disconnect and wipe the raid. I mean i understand the fight is always piece of cake to alliance but this little bit of extra RNG doesn't make it funny kind of challenging it just makes it frustrating. But keep up the good work!

Yoga i think you are pushing it a bit keep in mind they just had a complete melt down and had to rush some recruitments heck the lead dev was the 3rd in line as the first stepped down and the second lost faith in this project due to corruption etc. and then recruited a couple new dev's which first need to learn how they have done things and they have not even had a long time to be tested if they are honest people or like that corrupt gm meaning at best they won't have access to as much as the old ones had making it harder to fix things unless they are blindly trusted right away like the old corrupt gm.

Edited by curiosity the cat

41 minutes ago, Yoga said:

Maybe a little off topic but i hope you work on Fear Disconnect bug aswell as hard as you can we have pretty much every nefarian kill main tank DC due the fear bug and i don't know how to prevent that we had 2x tanks 2x shamans with tremors and still when the time comes and they both cant berserker rage the fear we got both of the tanks disconnect and wipe the raid. I mean i understand the fight is always piece of cake to alliance but this little bit of extra RNG doesn't make it funny kind of challenging it just makes it frustrating. But keep up the good work!

That is on our to do list as well, don't worry. ;)

2 hours ago, curiosity the cat said:

along with keeping an eye on what transpired on Elysium and i just cannot shake the thought that this is simply a repeat of how this issue came to be in the first place due to not checking recruits background thoroughly but rushing yourselves like you did the release. rush promoting a 3rd person since the first two didnt want to and then quickly hiring new developers... how long did you even test them since first bringing them up now ?

They were perfectly aware of who these dudes were when they recruited them:

On 2017-02-17 at 1:21 PM, Shenna said:

We are not stupid. We know that several of these individuals have pasts in which they have done things that are disagreeable to the community. However, NONE of us are spotless, not even you who are reading this. Regardless, we do not grant any ability or information access to anyone whom we do not trust to use it responsibly. 

1 hour ago, Yoga said:

Fearward and berserker stance doesn't work for alliancr either on Nefarian, so grab that piece of cake and stuff it somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Wirt said:

They were perfectly aware of who these dudes were when they recruited them:

and what makes you say that ? they could not name them when the others left and suddenly few days later name them... this sounds rather "convinient" and without any known past to speak of... most projects take in a dev after they have been on trial for a month then they come in with semi-rights slowly earning their priviledges but these came in right away and the new head dev  is also someone that came in after the current stepped down and the one supposed to step up wouldnt take it in light of the current situation.

If you defend something expect to be questioned and asked for facts, if you lie and have nothing to back it up then it backfires and only hurts what you tried to protect.

43 minutes ago, Herder of Sheep said:

and what makes you say that ? they could not name them when the others left and suddenly few days later name them... this sounds rather "convinient" and without any known past to speak of... most projects take in a dev after they have been on trial for a month then they come in with semi-rights slowly earning their priviledges but these came in right away and the new head dev  is also someone that came in after the current stepped down and the one supposed to step up wouldnt take it in light of the current situation.

If you defend something expect to be questioned and asked for facts, if you lie and have nothing to back it up then it backfires and only hurts what you tried to protect.

To clarify, I was answering curiosity the cat's claim that the Elysium staff had previously abstained from running background checks. Specifically on the individuals whose shady pasts had been exposed. I have no idea wether they ran background checks on the new recruits.

Edited by Wirt
Typographical error

Только что, Wirt сказал:

how long did you even test them since first bringing them up now ?

I dont know how it was with the previous devs but "New" lead DEV was checking 8 years.

3 hours ago, Danbravo said:

Reading all this threads on reddit and the forum here, i find it funny how so many people think they are entitled for special treatment and at the same time they want the guys who run this thing to act professionaly. Being it for canceling a ban,  taking part on staff meetings and have an opinion on them and answering every damn question from any random guy that decides to make a thread for whatever reason. Everyone wants a personal contact with a GM or shena to personally attend his question/problem. 

Somehow any random guy is qualified to search the whereabouts of any gm/developer/whatever and decide if they "fit" the job. fuckin hillarious.

You spoiled kids you would even visit them at home to demand answers if you knew where they live. 

Edited by Zaz

Nice news. Hope you get over that drama and I hope you find some more devs helping you. Keep an eye on the activities of all team members to avoid such a drama. Thanks for your hard work.

1 hour ago, montanita said:

Me and the rest of the staff is so glad to welcome Sidsukana and the rest of the developers entering this project. 

Glad to see you among us

There are simpler ways to become an admin than pretending to be one you know?

Edited by Oakenlix