Sign in to follow this  
Gehere

Forum reputation....

duki and theoloras couldnt take the blunt truth on how the community feels about them.

so back to 0 reputation forums.

1 hour ago, Imbaslap said:

duki and theoloras couldnt take the blunt truth on how the community feels about them.

do you really want to start another forum flame war with me?

53 minutes ago, Theloras said:

do you really want to start another forum flame war with me?

Yeah, don't start a war with Theloras, he'll send you a PM and cry in it...

Just because GM's force something doesn't mean its the majority consensus. I guess everyone in North Korea wants to live in poverty too right?

And yes Theloras, you sent me a 4 page diatribe via PM last night all because your ego was injured.

Funny that they disable it after that russian moderator locked 3 threads and kept saying it won't be disabled. Lol.

Good, no more angry children going through my post history and downvoting everything.

15 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Funny that they disable it after that russian moderator locked 3 threads and kept saying it won't be disabled. Lol.

Good, no more angry children going through my post history and downvoting everything.

yes, that is the great irony of the situation...

BUT

I do give them credit for seeing the light and realizing that it isn't worth implementing

7 minutes ago, Jeddite said:

If the spineless, validation-seeking millennials need upvotes, there's Reddit.

If the spineless, validation-seeking millennials can't tolerate downvotes, there's Reddit.

FIXT

problem about such voting system is minorities are being silenced. and trolls abuse it for the lulz.

if the "reputation" was hidden and only visible for moderators, it could identify trolls more easy. but making it public the way it was is just not beneficial

9 hours ago, Imbaslap said:

I guess the truth really hurts but it's a shame really. The reputation system was good for players less in the know to identify which posters are reputable and to be trusted. Now some new players might actually mistake a Theloras/Killerduki shitpost for something worth reading.

Honesty it's probably for the best. This coming from me. Top-tier poster. I say the best things, I have the best words!

4 hours ago, Adeline said:

I guess the truth really hurts but it's a shame really. The reputation system was good for players less in the know to identify which posters are reputable and to be trusted. Now some new players might actually mistake a Theloras/Killerduki shitpost for something worth reading.

you wish it worked like that, but it doesnt

Tbh I think forum reputation was a good thing.

Newcomers to the forums ask questions, then you got these alexsensual cucks spreading lies to a newcomer, chasing them away.

If the newcomer sees cucks trolly comment and he has a low reputation, then another comment with info with a high rep, he's more likely to ignore the weebass troll.

I find it quite usefull to see the reputation of a user whenever i scroll through the forums. It's a nice filter of sorts.
How about if one can up vote / down vote the user rather than the posts? Hence, one can only up or down vote a user once..
As for the actual posts there can still be a vote system, but without any link to the user. Hence, a quality post, despite forum rep.

Edited by Duality

1 hour ago, Duality said:

I find it quite usefull to see the reputation of a user whenever i scroll through the forums. It's a nice filter of sorts.
How about if one can up vote / down vote the user rather than the posts? Hence, one can only up or down vote a user once..
As for the actual posts there can still be a vote system, but without any link to the user. Hence, a quality post, despite forum rep.

How about just seeing how many followers someone has?