AzAMOuS

So, let's talk about the population diminishing

40 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you really played retail at all.

10-12 months of waiting for new content has been a common situation before each new expansion. Blizzard made even false promises again and again to reduce that gap next time, which they didn't. And you troll the Elysium Project team for breaking promises? You think a delay of AQ will kill Anathema? Oh damn, you really did not play retail at all!

Blizzard eventually stopped promising release dates and just started saying "Soon."

12 minutes ago, Lorilay said:

It pretty much killed Emerald Dream and K1, both of which had vastly extended war efforts (6 months and 1 year) to stall for the devs since AQ wasn't finished.

I actually played on that 1x rate lvl 60 realm they had long before Emerald Dream and which they transformed into an instant lvl 60 realm. So I am sorry but my interest in Emerald Dream was never serious in the first place *rofl*

In its day, that there were several realms due to the instability of the same made sense, but now that things seem to be more stable, not only does it not make sense to have the community divided, also is counterproductive as can see. I believe that all realms should be united in one. Keeping the community united in addition to focusing the work on a single realm for common benefit.

I wonder why anyone took the Owner Poster too serious , while he is proven as anti Elysium person .

Here is evidence :

Quoting his speech :

5) - Shady practises and corrupt GameMasters. Shady practises come from corrupt administration within a project, usually it derives from greed as they can profit off of these ripped emulated servers and put cash into their wallets. Multiple servers have done this in the past and it is disgusting behavior that should never be tolerated; emulation is open-source, although the fixes they themselves commit are worth something, it is selfish that they do not share these fixes with the community. At the same time, you can't really quarrel on whether they are being selfish or not because to fix a World of Warcraft private server, it takes a hell of a lot of voluntary time wasting, and you could be doing absolutely anything else with your life, so, I can't really call them selfish nor debate about that. Corrupt Gamemasters are the pinnacle of immaturity, they like to either sabotage servers or power trip, there is various videos from corrupt gamemasters on private servers banning people for absolutely no reason, ruining servers economies, etc. But this can all point to the project owner because he didn't adjust the Gamemaster command levels; you can change what commands gamemasters can use in the database of the server.

Everyone know about who "Shady practices" people talk about and that this invention is from Alexensual against Elysium.

Good Job owner poster , i think your opinion creating this Topic is so valid , exact in the same degree with your opinion against Elysium.

Regardless of reality , he is trying very hard to push his propaganda that this is dead or dying project.

Last thing , he is another Crestfall fanboy : http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/profile/1718-azamous/

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

On 3/24/2017 at 7:51 PM, Savan said:

In its day, that there were several realms due to the instability of the same made sense, but now that things seem to be more stable, not only does it not make sense to have the community divided, also is counterproductive as can see. I believe that all realms should be united in one. Keeping the community united in addition to focusing the work on a single realm for common benefit.

I don't want to be on the same server as redditor fresh cucks.

17 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

I don't want to be on the same server as redditor fresh cucks.

Calm down, he's talking about the two fresh PvP servers. Why would we ever want to merge servers that are on different patches?

There's no way a single server could handle Elysium, Anathema, and ZK.

Edited by Banezilla

that is completely false. At the end, on Nostalrius, there were peaks of 12k+ players.  Just look at now, we have 3,6k on Anathema, 6,2k on Elysium and 1,5k on Zek = 11.3k population right now. That kind of server can handle it now.

Releasing servers with different patches was a big mistake on Kronos, and it is also a big mistake on Elysium. They should had known like everybody else that population would drops of about if not more 50% of the peak during the hype. So 3 different servers would had not been needed forever. That was good to fix a temporary population issues. Now that the non dedicated players left, we will soon have 3 low populations servers and 1 having a mid to high population. New players will automaticaly join the server with the highest pop (Elysium).  Yes, merging Zek to Elysium makes total sense. 

But what happens with Anathema? (Cant merge because different patch and economy). That's serious bullshit. Merging Anathema to Zek or to Elysium will just modify the economy, yes, but the whole server will just adapt to it, like any normal economy towards a new situation.

population with stability is the number 1 criteria when it comes to a MMORPG. Without population,  it's no more a MMORPG ; there is no more economy ; no more world pvp ; no more GG, no more people to group with to run dungeons and raids.

In other words, even tho they are on 2 different patchs, Zekhur should and must merge with anathema.  Then in 3 or 4 months, anathema will have to merge into Elysium in order to keep a healthy population. Otherwise people will leave.

And before ending my post, there is something very unormal on this server. I mean, on former nostalrius, before the huge hype and everything. the population server grew up at a steady pace to reach 12k+ online, 9k maybe during NA nights. That's mean it was only going up.

Now, it's going down at a regular pace, and the slide is even more significant on anathema after the serious of huge downtime that occured during the last few weeks (specially when it went down for 48 hours).  At NA nights, we lost over 1k pop online all of a sudden. 

All the important instances are now released on all servers. AQ will never open on Anathema the way the war effort goes. Population decreased by so much that the goals the Staff implemented are now out of reach.  Give Elysium and Zekhur a solid 2 months of gameplay under that new patch. speed up the remaining ones up to 1.8, and merge all 3 pvp servers under one. It is needed. 

2 minutes ago, hakoon said:

Releasing servers with different patches was a big mistake on Kronos, and it is also a big mistake on Elysium.

stopped reading there.

how do you want to attract new players if your realms are >1 year old? and how many players would all elysium realms have right now if the elysium server and zeth kur never launched? or should theyve launched at nostalriusPvp/anathemas patch?

8 minutes ago, Revo said:

stopped reading there.

how do you want to attract new players if your realms are >1 year old? and how many players would all elysium realms have right now if the elysium server and zeth kur never launched? or should theyve launched at nostalriusPvp/anathemas patch?

You are wrong here.

If you release a new server that is at patch 1.8 for example, all players starting there will still be fresh characters and all start with the starting gears. Nobody sane of mind will say ''oh they dont start at 1.0 we are not gonna play here''. 

They just want to start at the same time as everybody else with no Grand Marshall players running around with thunderfury, in all epic gears with 10k golds in their pockets. 

Having set all the reams to the same patch lvl, it gives a some margin to the Staff to merge servers togheter IF needed.  letting anathema die just because it is on different timeline is disrespect to the whole anathema population and completely dumb. 

Also, you seem to have short memories. When anathema released there was tons of new players because there was NO OTHER realm available Back during Nost time, it was the only good server along with Kronos, and the population was increasing at a regular level. EVEN IF it was 1+ year old server there was always new players joining after hearing or reading about it.  Gives 1 good quality vanilla server and there will never be any population issue unless Staff suicide it by making a huge mistake (increasing xp rate or opening real money shop). or by pulling the plug to the server themself like Nostalrius staff did.

Edited by hakoon

37 minutes ago, hakoon said:

You are wrong here.

If you release a new server that is at patch 1.8 for example, all players starting there will still be fresh characters and all start with the starting gears. Nobody sane of mind will say ''oh they dont start at 1.0 we are not gonna play here''. 

They just want to start at the same time as everybody else with no Grand Marshall players running around with thunderfury, in all epic gears with 10k golds in their pockets. 

Having set all the reams to the same patch lvl, it gives a some margin to the Staff to merge servers togheter IF needed.  letting anathema die just because it is on different timeline is disrespect to the whole anathema population and completely dumb. 

Also, you seem to have short memories. When anathema released there was tons of new players because there was NO OTHER realm available Back during Nost time, it was the only good server along with Kronos, and the population was increasing at a regular level. EVEN IF it was 1+ year old server there was always new players joining after hearing or reading about it.  Gives 1 good quality vanilla server and there will never be any population issue unless Staff suicide it by making a huge mistake (increasing xp rate or opening real money shop). or by pulling the plug to the server themself like Nostalrius staff did.

your "fresh doesnt mean patch 0" thesis is interesting. it actually is way more important that ppl just want to start all at the same time rather than starting in the earliest patch with only MC opened. but if you can choose between those both - fresh and patch 1.10 or fresh and patch 0 - most will probably choose fresh + patch 0. so why should elysium do otherwise? because they (believe) they could fail, thus they will have to merge the servers? noo., no server administration wants to think that way and take this into account months before and so trade population for a merge option.

but your anathema argumentation is out of control

Edited by Revo

You are probably right about the choice they would make. But when  you start that kind of project, you have to think ahead and plan your decisions accordingly. If  you are short sighted, you are heading to a fail most likely.

But anyways, debating this is pointless imo. We all see right now the state of the whole Elysium realms.  Tell me now I'm wrong. All realms but Elysium servers will be ghost realms. Exactly like what happened to K1. And guess what? they merged K1 and K2 a few weeks ago because they couldnt do it before exactly because both servers werent ''same patch''. but it is too late, they let it die for too long.

I play on anathema and I have to say I'm now worried. I play there because i had characters on old nostalrius. But if I knew or planned it would get to the current situation, I for sure would had started new on Elysium, just because it's always better to play on realms with high population for obvious reasons. (fun and filled BGs, lively world pvp, no waiting time for forming dungeon groups, cheaper economy, etc). 

The issue is currently we are basing our assumptions upon the success of Nost, which had an ever rising population despite it being fairly progressed. We then have the other example of Kronos, where 1 server caused the sharp decline of the other. Personally I'm trying to not freak out about Anathema because im praying that AQ release will stabilize our pop and maybe increase it a little. Every day they dick around with this pointless WE bs hurts us pretty badly though.

Edited by Haestingas

1 hour ago, hakoon said:

You are wrong here..

No, you're wrong and... right at the same time. Elysium had 8k on the other night and it was lagging. Elysium has a different server hardware and code compated to what Nost was running on, something is very different between the servers. I really think Elysium would have trouble with a 12k+ pop. I don't think this dev team has the same resources as Nost's.

I agree on keeping the servers on the same patch levels, it's hardly worth the effort.

Just now, Banezilla said:

No, you're wrong and... right at the same time. Elysium had 8k on the other night and it was lagging. Elysium has a different server hardware and code compated to what Nost was running on, something is very different between the servers. I really think Elysium would have trouble with a 12k+ pop. I don't think this dev team has the same resources as Nost's.

I agree on keeping the servers on the same patch levels, it's hardly worth the effort.

yes you could be right here.  Kronos was unable to support more than  5k population when they had all the influx of nost refugees, which is why they had to release a 2nd server. 

In all case, we will see.  if anathema population remains over 2,5k, it wont be much of an issue. but if it becomes like zekhur, specially during NA times, i wont see any reason to keep playing. I have no interest in playing that game on solo mode. 

There's still plenty of time to roll

1 hour ago, hakoon said:

I play on anathema and I have to say I'm now worried. I play there because i had characters on old nostalrius. But if I knew or planned it would get to the current situation, I for sure would had started new on Elysium, just because it's always better to play on realms with high population for obvious reasons. (fun and filled BGs, lively world pvp, no waiting time for forming dungeon groups, cheaper economy, etc). 

There's still plenty of time to roll on Elysium. I rolled on Elysium on day 1 and took a little more than a month off and now I'm half way to 60. The zones are filled with people leveling and it's still easy to find groups.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:21 PM, Banezilla said:

Blizzard eventually stopped promising release dates and just started saying "Soon."

They specifically said that they don't want to have a huge content drought at the end of each expansion......and then proceeded to have the final tier of each expansion last 9+ months. MoP's final tier lasted like 15 months, IIRC. Even with WoD being as rushed and short as it was, we still had its final tier for nearly a year.

33 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Nost lagged hard at 8k online. At least, back when I played it. Every time the server pop went over 7k, there was a ~1sec delay on everything. Down at 4-5k, it was flawless. Above 7k, felt like I was playing from Australia.

It was a bad decision to make fresh servers lets be honest. And because of this I think that the Elysium management just wants the Nostalrius server to die so they don't have to deal with us anymore. 

1 hour ago, Lifealert said:

It was a bad decision to make fresh servers lets be honest. And because of this I think that the Elysium management just wants the Nostalrius server to die so they don't have to deal with us anymore. 

I agree. The admins have fucked up big-time, multiple times and they have nobody but themselves to blame for population issues.

Why have the war effort numbers not been fixed?

Why haven't Elysium and ZK merged yet(better question was why the hell did you even make ZK)?

What you should have done was just keep nost pvp and pve, not open 2 fresh servers

but ya fucked up. good job

fuck fresh servers

AQ and NAXX is the vanilla experience

u dumbs wanna raid MC year after year, server after server

community and pop > all

but molten core is the bestist and truist vanilla experience xD everything else is for tryhards

Edited by Lifealert

22 minutes ago, ogtucker117 said:

better question was why the hell did you even make ZK

Have you already forgotten?

When Elysium opened, the population was out the fucking ass, and then some. 10k+ queues every single day.

That's why ZK opened

think.

1 hour ago, ogtucker117 said:

not open 2 fresh servers

but ya fucked up. good job

The community demanded it, look at the population of Elysium. Anathema is dying a show death. Nost is in the past, let the French cucks go man.

I never understood why there's four servers, and every one of them is the same exact stats.

all 1x

all blizzlike

3 PvP

1 PvE

What I think is, combine ZK with Elysium (or 1 of the low pop servers), and turn the fourth server into a 15 X blizz like realm. I was playing on Z K and I am one of those people that left.

I'm sorry but not everybody has time to play this game on a massive level. many of us have jobs And lives outside of the Internet. That's why I left. I don't have that type of time anymore to level yet another tune on yet another 1x server. What is the point of all the servers being different patches but having the same exact stats? I say have the same patch and update them the same time. But keep one server different with different stats maybe easier leveling an even higher drops and leveling professions. People don't trust the developers anymore in putting so much time And effort into one character only to lose it because the server gets shut down is always in peoples minds. And with the drama that just happen here, I think more more people are leaving. Just my $.02..

Edited by kingtut

8 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Quite the opposite. They screwed up bringing back old Nost servers and characters. That is one thing they never had to do and if from the start of the talk of Nost handing over the core it was understood or seen as a *Nost* decision those players wouldn't of raged at Elysium and would simply of rerolled fresh. Sure, a few wouldn't have returned but most that did still would have returned and it would have been much more streamlined.

The biggest mistake was Zeth though which drained needed population from Darrowshire and Elysium of people who thought they could be the next pvp bigwig and controlling stuff while 99.9% of them utterly failed. So many quit due to the nonsense that goes on with pvp servers and people thought it would be some form of semi honorable or fair pvp which is utter nonsense.

Best thing they could do is offer xfers off of Zeth while closing it down. Transfer to Elysium PvP or Darrowshire for those who feel stuck but don't enjoy the pvp environment as they first thought they would. If even allowed xfers off of Elysium to Darrowshire and vice versa may even bring back some people.

But we all know they won't do the right thing, just the easy thing while most servers continue to die.

No they should have prioritized the nostalrius base because we are the people who made the server what it was. Not these redditor fresh cucks who are quitting in droves every day on Elysium because they're starting to figure out that molten core sucks and vanilla is too hard for them compared to retail. Elysium can barely hit 7.5k now. 

If they had just kept it Nost PvP and PvE then the pvp server would never dip below 5,000. 

Edited by Lifealert