AzAMOuS

So, let's talk about the population diminishing

Those who were accustomed to a 6k+ concurrent playerbase where they could find dungeon groups easily and enjoy relatively short BG queues. 

Also there are almost no leveling players on Anathema...

+1 for only 1 server, not 3 different servers

vanilla should be 10k pop, fuck "blizzlike 2k"

Edited by NoGnomo

Anathema-PVP

Elysium-PVP

Darrowshire-PVE

A fourth server was never needed.  Sure, it may have appeared that way during the initial OMG SO HYPE phase, but as already mentioned, the hype-fags burn out, and the regulars aren't playing 24/7.

To the people who think the population on Zeth'Kur is "fine", think about how much people we've lost in these short two months. If Zeth'Kur was stable like our peers on Darrowshire I'd agree with the argument that "2-3k is comfy quit bitching" which is what most anti-mergers come up with, but the server is NOT stable at all. 

We have new lows almost every day, we reached the low 600s for the first time this week and it doesn't look like it is slowing down. We no longer break 2k on average with Sunday (the day which the remaining raid guilds raid) being the most recent time we've hit that number. 

New players aren't making characters on Zeth'Kur, they are making them on the realm named after the project (Elysium - I still think naming it was a massive mistake). Zeth was never on an even playing field either as our server was released far too late after Elysium was (people were already in the 20s/30s and weren't willing to reroll), so from the very beginning Zeth'Kur was doomed.

The staff themselves seem to have a bit of a delusional outlook on Zeth with Shenna herself regarding the PvP and PvE scene on the server "healthy" despite the amount of raid guilds collapsing/poaching each other just to continue to raid. The PvP scene is even worse with the entire number 1 premade on Alliance quitting last week due to the shrinking brackets. If you're horde on Zeth'Kur, you might as well give up any aspirations of ranking due to the que times. 

Another problem is the North American population dying out, they are the first community to "die" as a whole on Zeth, once they are gone the EU peak times will be even lower and may cause a snowball effect of people leaving the server (more than they already are).

I understand the arguments regarding "server community" or "economy", but only one of those things is an actual issue. The economy question can easily be fixed by either introducing gold caps on the merger or limiting what items will be brought over (gear only for example), while server specific "community" argument is a bit  of a non-starter due to the community on Zeth collapsing and clamoring for a merger (outside of the few people leveling in empty zones loving it).

Right now more and more people are content with leaving their characters to rot on Zeth while waiting for a "merger" that will never come.

tl;dr just merge this before things get worse

Zethkur1.png

Edited by indi

^ this about sums it up. the other servers are on the fast track to following it, Darrowshire being next in line.

2 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Those who were accustomed to a 6k+ concurrent playerbase where they could find dungeon groups easily and enjoy relatively short BG queues. 

That's too bad that Anathema is dying. RIP

ZK was a bis mistake, and no needed. Living with with the short hype and the queue would be better.

ZK ist dying, low pop, no groups, no pug groups ( i guess, havent play on that server) leads to leaving players. I wonder if they stasrt new an anatheme or Elysium. I wouldnt do that.

It have been arounf 3 Month since release and hype and the numbers are still great in my opinion (except ZK) 

btw. prepare yourselfe, spring and summer are commung. numbers will decrease rapidly with the warm days....

As an Anathema player, I was really hoping all these posts about the community's worry regarding ZK's population would result in a merge for ZK and hopefully not too long after a merge for Anathema as well.  It's very disappointing that the official response is that there are no plans in the foreseeable future to merge ZK.  I believe that this decision will later be added to the list of reasons of why this project ultimately failed.

Edited by Jubilee

10 hours ago, Trumpnado said:

But we have clearly been succeeding in persuading them to at least stay on their own continent of Kalimdor, or better yet, quit the game entirely.

Hahah I love your posts Trumpnado. Indeed, good riddance of them scum nightelves. Us gnomes and dwarfs can breath again!

they all will die when crestfall is released just like kronos did after elysium

or when blizz  simply close them 

changing a hoster to more crappy one won't help too much

The private server scene is huge and there's plenty of interest in the game, even today.

The problem is that Elysium lost the trust of many players who eventually said that enough is enough.. Most of us still playing here either do not give two shits about the drama or we still believe that Elysium will get their shit together.

I haven't really noticed an issue on Zethkur. I rolled on Elysium first, but thought it was too crowded so I gave ZK a try. I took a break to give Hellground a try because i really wanted to play on a TBC server. Hellground is dead, shutdown, so I'm back on ZK for now.

As was said above, expect a player decline because of Spring/Summer. Probably won't affect my play hours much, but that's just me. I will probably be spending more time in the shop though, now that the snow is gone.

Expect another huge fall off in population if Crestfall ever launches because most of the people waiting for it to launch are playing here until they finish it. I want TBC, but I don't want P2W like Excalibur, and I want a PTE experience. I'm happy here until something better happens, and maybe this will be the place to stay. That's up to the Dev Team. I think they're doing a good job and I like what i see. I don't particularly care about the drama, I just want to play the game.

Kronos now has a larger community, than Zeth'Kur and Darrowshire.   And with loads more content.    Players are starting to notice.

I don't know what's up with the mass delusion going on between the elydrones. The downward spiral is apparent across all realms - the only reason there is still a semblance of normality is the sheer amount of people that flocked here when Nost backed up this project  - a move they quickly came to regret as they backed out within a couple months. Funnily enough Crestfall also came to regret tainting its name by pairing up with Elysium(do you see a pattern here?).

Elysium has been handed the golden keys, yet managed to repeatedly shoot itself in the foot through gross incompetence, mismanagement and blatant corruption. I can't speak for the fresh realms, but what mostly allows people to overlook these issues and keep playing on Anathema and Darrowshire is the time investment behind our characters. Evidently, this is not enough, as there is no sign that the trend will stop here; instead we will most likely bleed out to unplayable levels over the next couple of months and everyone will finally find a better use of their time.

Do people here ever consider that the exact same people that were demanding a new server because they didnt want to sit in queues for a few weeks are the same people that are demanding that they close the server down or allow transferes? I find it extremely enjoyable.

Currently there are almost 14k online across all 4 realms, which is the same amount nost had. So the total player base seems to be the same.

Elysium is truly fine, there are no problems in that realm.

Anathema is still good, but it isn't growing anymore. Some leveling zones are kind of empty. Most players seem to be lvl 60. Even max level zones don't have the amount of players they used to, because most are just afk in IF/OG.

No idea about darrowshire, but given it is the only PVE realm, it makes sense that players who wish to play in such realm would still join.

No idea about zek.

-----------------------

So the only 2 problematic realms are zek and anathema, given that Elysium gets the largest influx of players, while zek and anathema get stucked in population.

IMHO, the best solution would be to merge anathema and zek, and then place the new realm and elysium realm in the same progression patch, making both realms "equal". You can control population migration from there by simply disabling/enabling character creation in one realm at the time, to keep both realms on an equal footing.

Problem with this solution is that either anathema players will have to accept a downgrade and loss of both items and progression, or zek players will have to jump ahead.

Personally, while this isn't a popular choice (for the record, I would be loosing my Anathema tier2 items and progression too), it is a possible solution to consider for both realms to survive in the long run.

Edited by Dralek

14 minutes ago, Dralek said:

IMHO, the best solution would be to merge anathema and zek, and then place the new realm and elysium realm in the same progression patch

No.

I chose ZK because it is the furthest back in the progression. I want to be able to play through the content as I level and it is released. I don't want to suddenly be thrown into AQ and the war effort. I would prefer to experience when the realm gets there, not through a merger with a more advanced realm.

17 minutes ago, Dralek said:

IMHO, the best solution would be to merge anathema and zek,

Or just merge the 1-2k people left on Zeth into Elysium? We still wouldn't break 10k on that combined realm. They are on same progression.

11 minutes ago, indi said:

Or just merge the 1-2k people left on Zeth into Elysium? We still wouldn't break 10k on that combined realm. They are on same progression.

That's what I'd like to see happen but that does not sit well with the people who don't want a high population server.  Its a lose- lose situation no matter what happens at this point.  A lot of Zeth'Kur players want ppl from Elysium to transfer or force new players to roll on Zeth'Kur but that would make Elysium's pop drop and I don't want to see that.  I say the more the better but some don't agree with that.

26 minutes ago, indi said:

Elysium has no population problem. Anathema and Zek'thur do.

Just now, Dralek said:

Elysium has no population problem. Anathema and Zek'thur do.

If you merged Zeth with Anathema I guarantee most people will quit lol, they are so far ahead on progression it makes zero sense to merge them.

Elysium doesn't even scratch the pop Nost PvP has so why not merge them?

5 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Allow optional transfers from zk to Elysium. Win win, both the high pop and low pop crowds will win.

That would eventually kill Zeth'Kur which I wouldn't mind but others won't like that.

28 minutes ago, Kuthela said:

No.

I chose ZK because it is the furthest back in the progression. I want to be able to play through the content as I level and it is released. I don't want to suddenly be thrown into AQ and the war effort. I would prefer to experience when the realm gets there, not through a merger with a more advanced realm.

I understand that, but having 3 different realms in 3 different patches creates a problem. People will create characters in only one of those 3, while the other 2 are left to die.

My suggestion isn't a popular one, and its not meant to be one. Anathema players could loose their progression, or zek players might have to jump to a more progressed one. My suggestion would be to meet middle ground.

Again, my idea is probably disliked by most people, even me, because it creates problems for anyone. But it is one that would help solve population problems in both realms, and insure a more stable popultion growth in the near future.

Let me stress something: problem isn't population numbers, but population growth. Something both zek and anathema lack.