Jump to content
AzAMOuS

So, let's talk about the population diminishing

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

That would eventually kill Zeth'Kur which I wouldn't mind but others won't like that.

The people who want a low pop server will get exactly what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dralek said:

My suggestion isn't a popular one, and its not meant to be one. Anathema players could loose their progression, or zek players might have to jump to a more progressed one. My suggestion would be to meet middle ground.

This scenario just doesn't work.  The people on Zeth'Kur woulda rolled on anathema weeks or months ago if they wanted to play there.

 Zeth'Kur was intended to take the load off Elysium which is no longer necessary.  It had the side effect of having a low pop server compared to Elysium for those that wanted less but was still a healthy pop.  That is no longer the case.  

Zeth may get merged with Elysium but anathema has been on its own and will stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

This scenario just doesn't work.  The people on Zeth'Kur woulda rolled on anathema weeks or months ago if they wanted to play there.

 Zeth'Kur was intended to take the load off Elysium which is no longer necessary.  It had the side effect of having a low pop server compared to Elysium for those that wanted less but was still a healthy pop.  That is no longer the case.  

Zeth may get merged with Elysium but anathema has been on its own and will stay that way.

You are miss-reading my suggestion, thinking in terms of having people from Zek'thur transfer to Anathema. That isn't what I'm saying, nor what I suggested.

People from Anathema and Zek'Thur could merge into the same patch as elysium (with an item removal/nerf/etc) and essentially merge both realms. Of course people from Zek'thur don't wish to go to AQ, and wish to experience MC/BWL progression. But most players in anathema, are stuck in BWL progression, given war effort is taking too long. Most people in Anathema, still play for attachment for their characters, as someone explained earlier. I would personally trade my tier 2 gear for a tier 1 gear in a different realm, if that realm seems to have better odds of survival than the current and slowly death Anathema is enduring.

In fact in anathema, a large majority of semi-casual players only pug raid MC and Ony, don't even do BWL yet. Only people who will hate that would be hardcore tier 2 guilds obviously. Problem is that by the end of AQ, Anathema's numbers would have probably dropped significantly, and the realm would be on its way out.

Its a matter of choosing between our current wealth, or a long term stable future.

 

Edited by Dralek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with Anathema is fully related to the War Effort.

The massive amounts of turn ins set by the devs created two memes: that the war effort will never complete, and that AQ isn't ready and they're stalling.  Both are able to exist because of the damage done to the reputation of the server by the drama queens.

We are repeatedly told that the War Effort numbers were made that way in order to create a massive and epic server wide event.  But the miscalculation by the devs has had the opposite effect.  The War Effort isn't a big epic event, it is a millstone around our necks.

Relief is needed and it was needed 2 weeks ago, but nothing is done.  An idea to create an alternative custom content world event, an idea that was quickly abandoned, just feeds the narrative that the devs are incompetent, feeding the cloud over Anathema, leading to more people just not bothering anymore.

Fix. the. goddamn. war. effort.  This should be the #1 priorty.  What is taking so long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason it's taking so long is because they are unable to come to an agreement on the WE #s. That's because AQ20 or AQ40 or both aren't completely ready and they aren't sure when they will be. Every day that they delay changing the WE reaffirms my belief that AQ isn't ready for launch, and that they don't know when it will be ready. Look at their bug mount race they added, isn't it interesting that their event extends the AQ launch even further than the WE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

Theyre going to lower the required turn ins. Give them 1 week.

They've had 2 1/2 weeks.  Shenna said 2 days ago that they would do it in 2 days.  Now on discord she has said that they're still working on it.

This is what's killing Anathema, nothing else.  This delay delay delay, stall stall stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gardash said:

They've had 2 1/2 weeks.  Shenna said 2 days ago that they would do it in 2 days.  Now on discord she has said that they're still working on it.

This is what's killing Anathema, nothing else.  This delay delay delay, stall stall stall.

they also stated multiple times they wanted the war effort to take 3-4 weeks, which it hasn't. having it end 4 days after it started wouldn't be an 'epic' event either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kastle said:

they also stated multiple times they wanted the war effort to take 3-4 weeks, which it hasn't. having it end 4 days after it started wouldn't be an 'epic' event either. 

The War Effort they implemented is not a 3-4 week war effort.  The opportunity to recalculate the materials in order to bring about a 3-4 week war effort was about 2 weeks ago.  Now, if they intend to keep the total war effort duration at 3-4 weeks, they will have to drastically slash all turn ins so that we can complete it in 1 1/2 weeks maximum.

Action on this item has needed to be swift and decisive and we have had the complete opposite of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue goes back to the fact that Shenna is obviously fairly new at project management. She keeps on setting herself up to fail on these deadlines and announcements and it’s frustrating the entire community unnecessarily. If she wasn’t 120% sure that they would have a WE announcement ready by yesterday then why the didn’t she say 4 days instead of 2? This is project management basics, especially when these deadlines are 100% in her control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gardash said:

They've had 2 1/2 weeks.  Shenna said 2 days ago that they would do it in 2 days.  Now on discord she has said that they're still working on it.

This is what's killing Anathema, nothing else.  This delay delay delay, stall stall stall.

While this is a huge contributing factor to the more recent drop in population, the numbers have been declining each week since december 2016, as it is to be expected with any realm that has no influx of new players (given most new players join Elysium, or Zek'thur).

Obviously I agree that things such as the war effort controversy, the constant DDOS and lag, or the silly drama created by some useless youtubers in the past few weeks, etc.,  don't really help given that it may drive away already existing players faster.

Edited by Dralek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd argue that active pop on Anathema will increase with the release of AQ. A lot of players were already playing on Nost and have been BWL geared for 4+ months.
Some of those players will log back to experience AQ with their guilds. 

AQ will definitively bring some life back to the server so we need to work toward it : Realist war effort requirements, start of the scepter quest line and finally gate opening event need to happen soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 1:13 PM, Jack Mage said:

People are leaving because they don't like vanilla. They got so used to being baby fed in current retail that they can't handle it. There was big hype when nostalrius was closed and elysium project took over and now it's dying down so a drop in numbers is expected.

 

Im currently playing on zeth and yeah, having 800 people online is a bit shit when you can't find anyone to run a dungeon with but I am still against a merge with elysium because 7000 people is way too many people on one server. I'd like to see more people on zeth, around 2500 would be ideal. 

Even though you intended this is a pejorative (trying to project your own ego into general insult to people who don't stay), your first sentence was correct.

I haven't played in a couple months because Vanilla itself isn't that exciting. It isn't that I have any love of retail (it's pretty awful--worse than Vanilla), so I don't play there either. The problem with Vanilla servers is that they aren't BC/Wrath. There's a good reason the game peaked so hard during those expansions, and never again. They fixed a lot of the problems Vanilla had, introduced more content, better itemization, QoL changes/fixes, continued the beloved story of Warcraft itself, etc.

Vanilla feels like a Beta version of WoW, and always did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread for the majority has been a decent discussion with the typical shit posting to a min, which is nice.

IMO the Zeth'Kur installment wasn't the best move as like the majority of the community anticipated the hype fan-boys from the previous shutdown news and media coverage got A LOT of temporary players that kick the can mid 30s when things really start to slow down.

Zeth'Kur was always an overflow server from the beginning.   The admins are not putting a def ear on the subject, they just are not going to repeat themselves over and over every time a new thread discussing the same things is created.    To refresh everybody's memory, they publicly acknowledged that is the community took TOO much of a hit on Zeth'Kur, they would be merged with Elysium as they are both on the same patch.  Forgive them for not wanting to answer/address the same statements for people who can't look past the first page of a forum.

This predetermined mindset allowed people to play on the patch they wanted without 3-4 hour queues.   Be thankful of this.   Those whom chose to run Zeth'Kur were set expectations by many of the active forum posters that the server population would drop after the hype boys left, enjoyed the lesser crowded leveling zones / farmable mats and ride it until the merger happens one day.  Maybe start an alt on either of your preferred patched servers in anticipation of the merge to avoid the MC raid log burnout.

The admins are listening to you guys.   Notice on the realm select screens how all realms say "full" except Zeth'Kur which says recommended?  I've seen nobody comment on this.  The admins are clearly attempting to funnel people to that realm.  Perhaps an action taken a bit late, but was still taken none the least.  The initial funneling of players may have been due to choice of server names.

Anathema WarEffort was set to a hard standard, and they again are working on it.   Deadlines are not met, which frustrates some of the community, while not having any deadline frustrates others.   Give these people a break.  At least they are giving everybody something, in regards to feedback.   Again they are listening, like the pulling the plug on the customer server idea to fuel the war effort.   Not a single post in favor of it.   They listened and scratched that.

Anathema does have a lack of up and coming players compared to it's end-game population.  This is a product of opening Zeth'Kur.   People that wanted an Ony / MC for 7 months bad enough could have stuck out the 3 - 4 week high queue, others that just want to play would have said screw the queue and went to Darrowshire or Anathema.    Look at the end-game guilds in need of Fury Warriors.   When have you ever heard people looking for fury warriors for over a month?  The most played class.   IMO as long as I have 40 people to play with on a weekly basis, I could care less if it is 10k, 5k, 2k, or 1k.   The lower the numbers, the more reasonable prices are on limited resources.

AQ will bring people into Anathema.   Some of the Elysium population are Anathema players.  Remember that.

This all said, if a server's life is ensured with the advertisement from it's people.  Go look at Reddit, twitter, youtube videos, hell even these forums. There is more negative than positive.  You want longevity? You want health?   You want you want you want?   Promote what is good, promote entertainment, promote something, and quit letting a few shit posters dictate the public image.  Imagine yourself as a potential Vanilla player, and browse those media outlets.  What in the hell would convince you to try it out with all the bad shit EVERYWHERE posted by it's own playerbase.  Get off of Viper and Nost epeens.  They had over a year to fix something as game breaking as warrior rage on incoming damage.  Fixed here before relaunch with the admins we have now at the helm.

The admins are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for.   If everybody had a microscope on every decision you made, every sentence you typed, every screenshot you posted, every server status given (like they do), you'd have people shit posting on you too.  Sheena, she has bigger balls than a lot of these keyboard warriors to put up with it all.   Don't bite the hand that feeds.

People cry wolf and make a big deal out of new people to a project and out with the previous people.   This is a volunteer project.  There will be disagreements between people and some people may walk because of it.  It isn't like a job where you can hate a direction your company goes and ignores your suggestions but you smile and stay because of a paycheck.   New talent brings new ambition.  New ambition brings progress.

 

TL:DR:

They have addressed concerns about merges.   The player base hurts the population due to being openly negative rather than positive.   If you can get your raid and friends together, who cares about yada yada.     Sheena more manly than a lot of you guys, though she may over burden herself with some hard to meet self imposed deadlines, she still follows through eventually.  Everybody just breath, and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Undertanker said:

This all said, if a server's life is ensured with the advertisement from it's people.  Go look at Reddit, twitter, youtube videos, hell even these forums. There is more negative than positive.  You want longevity? You want health?   You want you want you want?   Promote what is good, promote entertainment, promote something, and quit letting a few shit posters dictate the public image.  Imagine yourself as a potential Vanilla player, and browse those media outlets.  What in the hell would convince you to try it out with all the bad shit EVERYWHERE posted by it's own playerbase.  Get off of Viper and Nost epeens.  They had over a year to fix something as game breaking as warrior rage on incoming damage.  Fixed here before relaunch with the admins we have now at the helm.
 

This, is particularly important too. With the loss of many streamers, the server lost a lot of advertising. Hopefully AQ will also increase the amount of streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sange13 said:

Even though you intended this is a pejorative (trying to project your own ego into general insult to people who don't stay), your first sentence was correct.

I don't need to project my ego on an internet forum. It wasn't an insult either. Prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add to the subject, as I see many are interested in this discussion, that Elysium's status page is no longer working; we cannot see the active population on the realms now.

People are going to instantaneously think this is intentional to deter people from noticing the bleeding population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dralek said:

You are miss-reading my suggestion, thinking in terms of having people from Zek'thur transfer to Anathema. That isn't what I'm saying, nor what I suggested.

People from Anathema and Zek'Thur could merge into the same patch as elysium (with an item removal/nerf/etc) and essentially merge both realms. Of course people from Zek'thur don't wish to go to AQ, and wish to experience MC/BWL progression. But most players in anathema, are stuck in BWL progression, given war effort is taking too long. Most people in Anathema, still play for attachment for their characters, as someone explained earlier. I would personally trade my tier 2 gear for a tier 1 gear in a different realm, if that realm seems to have better odds of survival than the current and slowly death Anathema is enduring.

In fact in anathema, a large majority of semi-casual players only pug raid MC and Ony, don't even do BWL yet. Only people who will hate that would be hardcore tier 2 guilds obviously. Problem is that by the end of AQ, Anathema's numbers would have probably dropped significantly, and the realm would be on its way out.

Its a matter of choosing between our current wealth, or a long term stable future.

 

So you're suggesting the server that everyone is dying for AQ just halt progesssion? And you're totally wrong about people progressing through BWL on Anathema. Basically every raiding guild clears bwl with little problem each week. Do you play on Anametha because you're description of the player base is really really off.

Edited by Ickus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Undertanker said:

This thread for the majority has been a decent discussion with the typical shit posting to a min, which is nice.

IMO the Zeth'Kur installment wasn't the best move as like the majority of the community anticipated the hype fan-boys from the previous shutdown news and media coverage got A LOT of temporary players that kick the can mid 30s when things really start to slow down.

Zeth'Kur was always an overflow server from the beginning.   The admins are not putting a def ear on the subject, they just are not going to repeat themselves over and over every time a new thread discussing the same things is created.    To refresh everybody's memory, they publicly acknowledged that is the community took TOO much of a hit on Zeth'Kur, they would be merged with Elysium as they are both on the same patch.  Forgive them for not wanting to answer/address the same statements for people who can't look past the first page of a forum.

This predetermined mindset allowed people to play on the patch they wanted without 3-4 hour queues.   Be thankful of this.   Those whom chose to run Zeth'Kur were set expectations by many of the active forum posters that the server population would drop after the hype boys left, enjoyed the lesser crowded leveling zones / farmable mats and ride it until the merger happens one day.  Maybe start an alt on either of your preferred patched servers in anticipation of the merge to avoid the MC raid log burnout.

The admins are listening to you guys.   Notice on the realm select screens how all realms say "full" except Zeth'Kur which says recommended?  I've seen nobody comment on this.  The admins are clearly attempting to funnel people to that realm.  Perhaps an action taken a bit late, but was still taken none the least.  The initial funneling of players may have been due to choice of server names.

Anathema WarEffort was set to a hard standard, and they again are working on it.   Deadlines are not met, which frustrates some of the community, while not having any deadline frustrates others.   Give these people a break.  At least they are giving everybody something, in regards to feedback.   Again they are listening, like the pulling the plug on the customer server idea to fuel the war effort.   Not a single post in favor of it.   They listened and scratched that.

Anathema does have a lack of up and coming players compared to it's end-game population.  This is a product of opening Zeth'Kur.   People that wanted an Ony / MC for 7 months bad enough could have stuck out the 3 - 4 week high queue, others that just want to play would have said screw the queue and went to Darrowshire or Anathema.    Look at the end-game guilds in need of Fury Warriors.   When have you ever heard people looking for fury warriors for over a month?  The most played class.   IMO as long as I have 40 people to play with on a weekly basis, I could care less if it is 10k, 5k, 2k, or 1k.   The lower the numbers, the more reasonable prices are on limited resources.

AQ will bring people into Anathema.   Some of the Elysium population are Anathema players.  Remember that.

This all said, if a server's life is ensured with the advertisement from it's people.  Go look at Reddit, twitter, youtube videos, hell even these forums. There is more negative than positive.  You want longevity? You want health?   You want you want you want?   Promote what is good, promote entertainment, promote something, and quit letting a few shit posters dictate the public image.  Imagine yourself as a potential Vanilla player, and browse those media outlets.  What in the hell would convince you to try it out with all the bad shit EVERYWHERE posted by it's own playerbase.  Get off of Viper and Nost epeens.  They had over a year to fix something as game breaking as warrior rage on incoming damage.  Fixed here before relaunch with the admins we have now at the helm.

The admins are smarter than a lot of people give them credit for.   If everybody had a microscope on every decision you made, every sentence you typed, every screenshot you posted, every server status given (like they do), you'd have people shit posting on you too.  Sheena, she has bigger balls than a lot of these keyboard warriors to put up with it all.   Don't bite the hand that feeds.

People cry wolf and make a big deal out of new people to a project and out with the previous people.   This is a volunteer project.  There will be disagreements between people and some people may walk because of it.  It isn't like a job where you can hate a direction your company goes and ignores your suggestions but you smile and stay because of a paycheck.   New talent brings new ambition.  New ambition brings progress.

 

TL:DR:

They have addressed concerns about merges.   The player base hurts the population due to being openly negative rather than positive.   If you can get your raid and friends together, who cares about yada yada.     Sheena more manly than a lot of you guys, though she may over burden herself with some hard to meet self imposed deadlines, she still follows through eventually.  Everybody just breath, and have fun.

Well put, us guys over at Scuba Cops are dying for a War Effort update or the badge quests to be added. As it currently sits the current half of 1.9 patch is homework, not fun. We understand that the War Effort is an integral part of the patch but I created the community tracking spread sheet and the turn in's have screeched to a halt after the easy items were completed recently (Leather, Runecloth).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x03BIdgIne9SVIOc016T-eHgx-cJZkXv6sEsYXD9yh8/edit#gid=1600352199

We heard @Link say soon TM on the AQ PTR which is one of the things we have our hopes set on. We want to get in there and help the QA team finally finish off AQ and get it pushed out. It's clear that the War Effort numbers probably won't be reduced until they feel AQ is suppppppppper close to being done because that would be a let down for everyone. War Effort finishes and then jk, you can't go into AQ yet.

We love Anathema (AKA Nost) and we want to see it succeed, AQ is currently the only thing the server is hanging onto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they really should of waited on the war effort until AQ was 100% ready, using it as an excuse to halt progression is just making the community upset. They really should of just waited an extra month until releasing the war effort, would of been a better position to be in than they are in now. Or at least release an update on the situation, we are sitting in the dark right now except for a few forum posts, which have mixed answers. we were told the war effort numbers were getting fixed last weekend but that never happened.  All we want is an official update with what's going on so we can stop asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kas said:

I feel like they really should of waited on the war effort until AQ was 100% ready, using it as an excuse to halt progression is just making the community upset. They really should of just waited an extra month until releasing the war effort, would of been a better position to be in than they are in now. Or at least release an update on the situation, we are sitting in the dark right now except for a few forum posts, which have mixed answers. we were told the war effort numbers were getting fixed last weekend but that never happened.  All we want is an official update with what's going on so we can stop asking. 

Yeah. It doesn't exactly fill you with hope seeing how slow they are at making changes like this either; but we have to remember, they were given the core and I guess they're still working their way around it. Atleast Molten Core is getting rescripted by a player developer in the Open Source github... this won't hold the Anathema players though, so only time will tell...

Edited by AzAMOuS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't Guilds even testing it yet??

Oh woah..   I though this was already in the works.   Yikes, they must be behind schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Theyre going to lower the required turn ins. Give them 1 week.

The sooner the better. People in my guild are starting to lose a lot of enthusiasm and I can only imagine others are feeling the same way. Couple more weeks w/ no action and the server is going to lose some raid guilds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×