Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Khree

BLACK LOTUS

Recommended Posts

guys what are you doing ? AQ is out yet the black lotus still goes for 80-90 gold

whole flask should be 50-70 gold.  its 2x flask for AQ40 and one for BWL speed run

 

 come on.,double the spown rate for black lotus to be smart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not rigged right now when the server came back the spawn rate was 11 min from such high pop and still 65g cheapest black lotus. now we got aq40 15-20 spawn rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Khree said:

its 2x flask for AQ40 and one for BWL speed run
 

That's the problem right there : A lot of guilds make their raiders flask weekly for no reason. Then you have a pretty big amount of guilds speedruning content (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) but ppl then complain about prices, where ppl are the main reason why the prices are so high since they are buffing up the demand on it.

TLDR : Flasking should remain something that costs you a decent amount of gold. It's a needed gold sink. You want to speedrun reguarly ? You gotta pay the price for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slicy said:

gold sink. You want to speedrun reguarly ? You gotta pay the price for it.

its not a gold sink, you dont hand over the money to an npc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Revo said:

why do you only complain about the black lotus? a bit racist, arent we?

Because nobody cares about  the Purple variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 6:37 AM, flowqz said:

its not a gold sink, you dont hand over the money to an npc.

This.

It's not a gold sink and the AH price does not reflect supply and demand. There is no actual 'lotus mafia' but there are a LOT of players who hoard lotus and artificially inflate the price. It's not an organized thing but it has the exact same effect.

Increasing the availability won't do anything. When they added herbs to AV on nost that massively increased the black lotus supply yet the prices didn't change at all. Increasing the supply would just cause black lotus to be the new currency instead of gold.

What they need is a black lotus sink. Make a quest or something where you can turn in 2 black lotus and get 1-3 random flasks + a high chance for a level 40-60 BOE epic and guaranteed blue or something. Just anything to make it worth turning in the piles of black lotus people have.

Even if they just started posting the number of black lotus collected vs consumed and the number sitting in player banks every week it would probably fix a lot of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plaguebloom, Gromsblood and Dreamfoil are going up again every days (on Anathema).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stuff like consumables is gold sink for raiders and means of income for non-raiders, and a needed one. The game gets really unhealthy if all raiders can hoard enough mats and gold to just raid log. Especially needed when nobody has to endure countless wipes just to develop tactics for the bosses, so the repair bill is almost non-existent compared to real vanilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 11:11 PM, Armilus said:

This.

It's not a gold sink and the AH price does not reflect supply and demand. There is no actual 'lotus mafia' but there are a LOT of players who hoard lotus and artificially inflate the price. It's not an organized thing but it has the exact same effect.

Increasing the availability won't do anything. When they added herbs to AV on nost that massively increased the black lotus supply yet the prices didn't change at all. Increasing the supply would just cause black lotus to be the new currency instead of gold.

What they need is a black lotus sink. Make a quest or something where you can turn in 2 black lotus and get 1-3 random flasks + a high chance for a level 40-60 BOE epic and guaranteed blue or something. Just anything to make it worth turning in the piles of black lotus people have.

Even if they just started posting the number of black lotus collected vs consumed and the number sitting in player banks every week it would probably fix a lot of the problem.

The only reason anyone would hoard is because they stay the same value or increase.

If you get all the BL what the fuck does it matter if you sell 2 for 50g or 1 for 100g, 100g is 100g, rather sell 1 for 100 and leave other in bank.

But you cant control them all, so if player 2 decides he will sell more as the supply is increased, to earn good gold in the process, dumping all black lotuses he has hoarded since they drop in price steadily, person 1 now has bunch of worthless BL and lost tons of gold if he hoards.

And there will always be player 2 because as the supply increases, more people will think trying BL farm is a good idea as they can make gold quick, etc, thus the price drops.

It would make most sense for hoarders to dump  BL at the first sign of incread supply, drive price further down due to dumping them, then rebuy some before price goes up a little again and stabilises, so they end up with same amount of BL in bank and good amount of gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, athero said:

The only reason anyone would hoard is because they stay the same value or increase.

If you get all the BL what the fuck does it matter if you sell 2 for 50g or 1 for 100g, 100g is 100g, rather sell 1 for 100 and leave other in bank.

But you cant control them all, so if player 2 decides he will sell more as the supply is increased, to earn good gold in the process, dumping all black lotuses he has hoarded since they drop in price steadily, person 1 now has bunch of worthless BL and lost tons of gold if he hoards.

And there will always be player 2 because as the supply increases, more people will think trying BL farm is a good idea as they can make gold quick, etc, thus the price drops.

It would make most sense for hoarders to dump  BL at the first sign of incread supply, drive price further down due to dumping them, then rebuy some before price goes up a little again and stabilises, so they end up with same amount of BL in bank and good amount of gold.

there is one problem with this. you never know if they decrease the herbspawns again. they said something like "we are monitoring it".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55g for Gromsblood on Anathema horde (from 30g), and it's going up every day. Same for Plaguebloom.

Black lotus went from 70g, to 100g in two weeks.

If you want to kill guilds/raiders scene, just say it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People is dumb. Doesnt know how economy works.. so dumb people will see 1 black lotus in ah for 100g and dump 80 black lotus also for 100g... thats not how it should work.

Obviously people that see it at 100g and buys it is even dumber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Firebrand said:

People is dumb. Doesnt know how economy works.. so dumb people will see 1 black lotus in ah for 100g and dump 80 black lotus also for 100g... thats not how it should work.

Obviously people that see it at 100g and buys it is even dumber.

as long as they sell for 100g they will be put up for 100g. its that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28-4-2017 at 2:37 PM, flowqz said:

its not a gold sink, you dont hand over the money to an npc.

You do hand over gold to an npc when using the AH.

High prices are good. Flaskbuffs shouldn't be up all the time. If your guild demands a 100% flask uptime then that's their decision. It's your decision if you can do that. If you can't then you may have to talk to your guild about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flowqz said:

there is one problem with this. you never know if they decrease the herbspawns again. they said something like "we are monitoring it".

Well yeah thats true, but if there are more BL prices will drop, and if price starts to drop, its stupid to keep hoarding, unless there is literally BL mafia, thats my point.

I also think that people dont realize that high BL prices are actually good for average player. Hardcore go with full consumables, cool, prices drop they can relax a little and spend less gold on raiding, cool. For average guy, if prices drop suddenly flask is more affordable = more guilds require flask = you now have to farm for flask if you want to raid =  you spend more gold on average on raiding. Imo bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Justme said:

High prices are good. Flaskbuffs shouldn't be up all the time. If your guild demands a 100% flask uptime then that's their decision. It's your decision if you can do that. If you can't then you may have to talk to your guild about it.

The amount of people even raiding is much higher per server than in retail and people are far more likely to hoard it, so something needs to be done to make it as affordable as it was in retail vanilla. This will only get 10x worse when Naxx comes out on Anathema. Though requiring a flask for nontanks on farm content is wasteful of server resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garun said:

The amount of people even raiding is much higher per server than in retail and people are far more likely to hoard it, so something needs to be done to make it as affordable as it was in retail vanilla. This will only get 10x worse when Naxx comes out on Anathema. Though requiring a flask for nontanks on farm content is wasteful of server resources.

So... bring the amound of raiders down :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×