Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Upcoming PvP Update

Wooooooooooooooooooooow! This has to be a troll vid. Nobody could be stupid enough to implement this cancer xD

38 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Fuck that unblizzlike bullshit. The reason I went to Nostalrius instead of Kronos after Feenix dies is BECAUSE the genuine goal of keeping it as purely blizzlike as possible.

Well you're pretty fucking terrible at picking a server mate, we got AB here and shit

With that sentiment I genuinely thank you devs for looking past the arbitrary limitation of blizzlike vs nonblizzlike and making changes to improve the actual server we have here. PvP here would've been terribly boring without AB, and just like that I think tuning down respec costs will make the whole experience (especially for people who usually dont pvp) a lot more interesting.

1 minute ago, Lennis said:

is it related to r14 weapons only? will warlord gear with updated stats be available in 1.11 for old rankers?

Yes only R14 weapons are having life time requirements changed. (AND THIS IS 100% BLIZZLIKE)

In 1.11 new items are added to the R14 weapon pool including: A healing mace, a caster dagger, daggers, and a fast offhand.

All of the above items are equal to C'thun and high level Naxx weapons.

Just because you ran around WSG in pre-raid for 2 months doesn't mean you should have gear better than top raid guilds killing C'thun and clearing Naxx.

Don't wanna sound like a crybaby, I'll have to give it some more thought, but I just wanna say I don't care how blizzlike the server is, what worries me is that those changes might simply be bad for the game.

But then again, time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Capitan said:

Great update, thanks.

Yeeeah, no.

Am i the only one who thinks the changes to the respec cost is faaaaaaaar more dangerous. That's is one of the few real gold sinks in the game that is constantly active. It also applies real choice and decision making to your class.

3 minutes ago, Shayss said:

Yeeeah, no.

Am i the only one who thinks the changes to the respec cost is faaaaaaaar more dangerous. That's is one of the few real gold sinks in the game that is constantly active. It also applies real choice and decision making to your class.

You realize half the people on each server weren't respecing at all because it costs 100g a week + raid consumables if you're on Anathema where you have more to do than just MC for 32 minutes.

Just because YOU will save money because you already respec'd twice a week doesn't mean there aren't 2000 people who are going to go from spending 0g a week on respecs to spending 50g a week on repecs. Last I checked spending 50g is more than spending 0g.

7 minutes ago, Shayss said:

Yeeeah, no.

A gold sink that few used due to the prohibitive cost.  And it actually removed choice since few could afford to do it.  Now it will actually serve as the original intention of being a gold sink since people will actually make use of it.

5 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

A gold sink that few used due to the prohibitive cost.  And it actually removed choice since few could afford to do it.  Now it will actually serve as the original intention of being a gold sink since people will actually make use of it.

So you are saying people didn't spam it because MAKING DECISIONS ON YOUR CHARACTERS BUILD MATTERS? oh. I'm sorry, I thaught we were playing vanilla here and not legion.

@Forest_ it can't go above 50g .. if u have never respecced enough to realise this then your voice is worthless in this topic.

3 minutes ago, Shayss said:

So you are saying people didn't spam it because MAKING DECISIONS ON YOUR CHARACTERS BUILD MATTERS? oh. I'm sorry, I thaught we were playing vanilla here and not legion.

@Forest_ it can't go above 50g .. if u have never respecced enough to realise this then your voice is worthless in this topic.

I meant that if you respec once you're going to respec twice to go back to your PVE spec. 25+25 =50 per week up from what most people were doing which is 0+0=0.

People on private servers don't queue for bgs if they're PVE spec. The reason the community forum was added by the staff was because not enough people were participating in bgs or wpvp. This is how you solve it.

People spend gold on consumes in 2017. Top guilds barely consumed in retail. That doesn't leave much room for respecing.

Also you're acting like they said it was free or 5g like K2. 50g is still a lot of gold to respec twice a week for most people. It's not free but it's not low. This is a great middle ground.

1 hour ago, Mimo said:

Very bad decision. Respec cost is there for a good reason. Un blizzlike. What's next? A shop with thunderfury for sale?

And that reason is?

1 minute ago, Jcus said:

And that reason is?

13 minutes ago, Shayss said:

25gold cap is horrible...

is this the beginning of the end? Where is the feedback that lead to 25 gold respec cost?! I have never read anything about that shit being demanded.

This is a huge step towards fun server. As a druid, 25 gold difference (or 50 gold actually, since you respec 2 times when changing specs back and forth) makes a huge difference in decisions about how to spec. This makes hybrid specs a lot more obsolete...

urgh urgh urgh!

People crying about "blizzlike" on a bootleg private server where the majority of the playerbase are Chinese gamers incapable of interacting with the rest of the community, boosted spawn rates, custom fixes everywhere, a playercap way above 2.5k, and custom patch releases with a 1.12 client.

Kek

5 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

25gold cap is horrible...

is this the beginning of the end? Where is the feedback that lead to 25 gold respec cost?! I have never read anything about that shit being demanded.

This is a huge step towards fun server. As a druid, 25 gold difference (or 50 gold actually, since you respec 2 times when changing specs back and forth) makes a huge difference in decisions about how to spec. This makes hybrid specs a lot more obsolete...

urgh urgh urgh!

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47339-pvp-scene-community-feedback/

The madness about this change is that it's a PvP change that heavily affects PvE. I shit on PvP in WoW, why should I know about that thread to give feedback about a potential PvE change (thanks for linking though). Most people do PvP only for items anyway. AV as horde hurts my brain, it's that bad balanced. Why do you have to make a change that degrades Elysium to a fun server project, just to support a very very very VERY insignificant part of classic WoW. TBC actually started to increase the (e-sport) PvP aspect of the game with the arena, but in all honor, they have never actually succeeded to be a big topic in e-sport because WoW has never been a game centered around PvP in the first place. bleh

LOL at people crying about this change as if it was a removal of Charge from warriors. No core mechanic of the game was touched in any way, they just took a minor 25g dump on some people obsessively running suboptimal hybrid specs (i'm looking at you dr00ds). For 99% of the people this is a good change since they havent' been able to gold-/timewise pvp and pve properly every week. Apart from that, it changes next to nothing... That said, I'm generally speaking skeptical of non-blizzlike changes, but it's not like this is the only one on the server and at least I can see the point for improving the pvp scene in this one. Very different than for example the non-blizzlike changes to popular vanilla farming spots.

This whole "Blizzlike" argument makes me laugh so hard. Wow is a MMORPG - it evolves and it changes and can never truly be "blizzlike" ever again. 12 years of knowledge and player development mean people play very different today than they did 12 years ago.

Blizzlike 12 years ago - was there were very few/no premades who pvp'ed 20 hours a day 7 days a week, because the R12-14 gear sucked. Few people seriously tried to rank because it was a vanity thing, not a highway to BiS PvE gear. Now, people know the 1.11 gear is coming, they change their playing behavior and suddenly the game is not "Blizz like". Its a matter of perspective. You can't make a "blizzlike" server because everyone knows all of the changes that are coming to content/gear. That in-turn changes the way players behave and the outcome is a non blizzlike game. 

You can argue all you like, but one thing is true - the PvP change IS bliz like, you couldnt use lifetime rank to purchase R12-14 gear, it wasnt until patch 1.6 that you could even wear the gear if you didnt have the rank.

Respec cost is so so, personally i dont care. It certainly does not make the server a "fun server" lol thats the most rediculous statement ive read all year. Changing the respec cost suddenly makes it a fun server, lolololol no. 

Since you are already deep into these changes, why not introduce race change. Make it officially unofficial, don't present it anywhere but if someone asks privately, then sure! 

I mean why not? It's not like you follow any road with these changes, it's pretty much random. 

Or let us buy gold, that would support PvPers who don't want to do anything outside of bgs.

1 hour ago, Hurricane2 said:

How is lowering the respec cost a bad thing?  None of you have given a reason yet.  

I can't comment on the 2nd change since I'm not going to get r14.

We dont need to give a reason. Any change that isnt Blizzlike is inherently bad.

This is a VERY slippery slope towards "fun custom server".

oh wait, I have another one. Implement a level stop feature so that the 19 twink bracket is supported!

And reduce life of all bosses by 1/3 so that casual guilds can see everything in AQ/Naxx.

What about portals to all major cities?

It has all been demanded by the WoW community in the past and is implemented in retail WoW. And thats why it is actually shit today. Keep the 50 gold respec limited so that talent distribution actually is as important as it should be and don't give hybrid classes such a big bonus. AND THAT COMES FROM A HYBRID CLASS PLAYER WHO WOULD LARGELY BENEFIT FROM YOUR CUSTOM FUN SERVER CHANGE xD

3 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

oh wait, I have another one. Implement a level stop feature so that the 19 twink bracket is supported!

And reduce life of all bosses by 1/3 so that casual guilds can see everything in AQ/Naxx.

What about portals to all major cities?

It has all been demanded by the WoW community in the past and is implemented in retail WoW. And thats why it is actually shit today. Keep the 50 gold respec limited so that talent distribution actually is as important as it should be and don't give hybrid classes such a big bonus. AND THAT COMES FROM A HYBRID CLASS PLAYER WHO WOULD LARGELY BENEFIT FROM YOUR CUSTOM FUN SERVER CHANGE xD

Welcome to logical fallacies, enjoy your stay:

Here is yours https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

One small change doesn't mean they're going to start selling Thunderfury's next week. This was a non core change that only effects people's ability to participate in pvp more often, it still costs gold, stop acting like they said they mail you a free pony every time you respec.

5 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

Your argument makes zero sense since the gold farming methods that worked in vanilla have been nerfed on the server. Thus you can make less gold here than on vanilla due to non-blizzlike changes. That's why you have to adjust things like respec costs because people are short on gold or have to farm untold hours for it.

Would I prefer the previous non-blizzlike changes reverted instead? Yes. But since that's not going to happen, we need stuff like this. I view this ais a positive change while the former was a negative one, althought they are both changes in the wrong direction in general,.