Goals

Nothing like old school WoW. Elysium is an abomination.

As a veteran wow player, this server just doesn't cut it. "Dynamic" spawning? Hardly. The only increased spawn rate that would be tolerable is on named ex.Hogger. The leveling experience is lacking enjoyment and is unnecessarily frustrating. Also the banding of mobs is way off. They follow you insane distances. There are minor bugs galore, From mob tagging to drop rates. This doesn't remind me of classic vanilla wow. No nostalgia here. Just some deformed abomination server. Pathetic.

fuck off you retail nooblet. for those of us playing private servers for awhile its awesome to see it come so far. we appreciate how good this server is and how fast they fix things. noobtards like you will never undderstand because they love blizzards cock in their face

Edited by kegboy

There's tons of things I'd like to see get fixed but I also understand I paid zero for this version of the game, the server is run by volunteers who don't get paid And it's still early in the release. now if I paid $$$$ for this or if they charged $15 I'd probably share your high standards and I'd be very critical of bugs. 

Yeah, because the official release 2004 held a capacity of players around "8000-11000". Not even Stormscale was near this figure.

A veteran who complains about levelling? I guess that means that you started during CATA. 

Edited by dahlblom

4 hours ago, Goals said:

As a veteran wow player, this server just doesn't cut it. "Dynamic" spawning? Hardly. The only increased spawn rate that would be tolerable is on named ex.Hogger. The leveling experience is lacking enjoyment and is unnecessarily frustrating. Also the banding of mobs is way off. They follow you insane distances. There are minor bugs galore, From mob tagging to drop rates. This doesn't remind me of classic vanilla wow. No nostalgia here. Just some deformed abomination server. Pathetic.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

RETAIL CUCK GTFO!

4 часа назад, Goals сказал:

Look at him, another veteran wow player who played retail classic wow when he was 6 on his brother's lap. If you actually did play in 2004-2005 you should know that the game was far from perfect, game had so many bugs. 

Wait, is this guy for real?  He's bitching about increased spawn rates being intolerable and then, in the same paragraph, how leveling is frustrating. 

I get that the server has obvious imperfections - banding and the tendency of mobs to train on players nowhere near their point of spawning - but no one is going to take this argument seriously if it comes packaged two statements that, when combined, describe a demand that is impossible to meet on a server designed to handle 10k players.

Edited by cybaster

Getting something for free and complaining that its not exactly as he wishes. You´re the boss.

Seriously, be greatful for what you get here. Or go playing pokemon or something...

7 hours ago, Blib said:

Guys show some fucking respect, he is a veteran.

He came back from Stranglethorn Vale with PTSD and these hippies treat him like shit!

SHAME ON YOU, AZEROTH!

I completely 100% agree with OP. This server is nothing like vanilla wow retail and I for one am incredibly disappointed in the Elysium staff for giving us this funserver bullshit. The amount of bugs is staggering, to be blizzlike there should be at least 3x more gamebreaking bugs. I have yet to get stuck on a griffin for an hour, not once have I fallen threw the world. And dont even get my started on not once randomly ending up in the stonetalon graveyard.

An absolute disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Geston said:

I completely 100% agree with OP. This server is nothing like vanilla wow retail and I for one am incredibly disappointed in the Elysium staff for giving us this funserver bullshit. The amount of bugs is staggering, to be blizzlike there should be at least 3x more gamebreaking bugs. I have yet to get stuck on a griffin for an hour, not once have I fallen threw the world. And dont even get my started on not once randomly ending up in the stonetalon graveyard.

An absolute disgrace.

Never have bugs like yours 

11 hours ago, Goals said:

dynamic spawn rate = okay

leveling expierience = get used to it

banding = yeah its shit

minor bugs = yep, have to deal with it I guess

no nostalgia = thats on you

deformed abomination = it is, after all, just a reverse engineered version

pathetic = yes, you are

12 hours ago, Glenzig said:

When will you be releasing your server OP?

Grats on the dumbest wow servers argument of all time. 

"man, McDonalds burgers are pretty much crap". 

Glenzig: "WHEN R U MAKING UR OWN BURGER RESTAURANT!?!?!?! HMMM?!!!"

rofl, you need a helmet. 

54 minutes ago, Zachb34 said:

Grats on the dumbest wow servers argument of all time. 

"man, McDonalds burgers are pretty much crap". 

Glenzig: "WHEN R U MAKING UR OWN BURGER RESTAURANT!?!?!?! HMMM?!!!"

rofl, you need a helmet. 

McDonalds burgers do suck. Thats why i dont buy them and eat them. I certainly dont bother to log onto their twitter and tell them how much they suck. I just dont ever eat there.

I make far superior hamburgers than McDonald's every time I make one. You may have made the worst analogy I have ever seen. Even on the internet. 

I'm sorry making meat patties and putting them between two pieces of bread is beyond your abilities and you have to be stuck eating pink slime burgers from fast food joints. But it's not exactly on the same level as an emulation server. These projects take years to code and develop. It takes about, what, 10 minutes to make a quality hamburger.

You can borrow my helmet any time you'd like. 

58 minutes ago, Glenzig said:

McDonalds burgers do suck. Thats why i dont buy them and eat them. I certainly dont bother to log onto their twitter and tell them how much they suck. I just dont ever eat there.

I make far superior hamburgers than McDonald's every time I make one. You may have made the worst analogy I have ever seen. Even on the internet. 

I'm sorry making meat patties and putting them between two pieces of bread is beyond your abilities and you have to be stuck eating pink slime burgers from fast food joints. But it's not exactly on the same level as an emulation server. These projects take years to code and develop. It takes about, what, 10 minutes to make a quality hamburger.

You can borrow my helmet any time you'd like. 

Jesus man, stop, he's dead already.

pls don't take glenzigs helmet, he's going to run into the wall again

also my fucking sides, food analogies

Edited by GoForTheMoon

14 hours ago, Goals said:

Did you even get permission from your wife's boyfriend to post this?

14 hours ago, Goals said:

Nobody forces you to play here. You should play on pleb servers like Feenix and Kronos they offer great bang for the buck.

Unpopular opinion. I am also a veteran WoW player, and I still play on retail to this day. This is the most retail-like vanilla server with a healthy population. I think your memory is hazy from 12+ years ago, retail vanilla was buggy, awful and the leveling was slow. Not to mention deadly. But, it was also addicting and fun. Maybe the nostalgia wore off for you. Or maybe you need to try somewhere else, because the only way you're going to get a retail experience is 12+ years ago on retail.