Sign in to follow this  
problazer

How to save Anathema

I resent the idea that if we all ignore the population problem that it will fix itself. The server is now regularly below 1k players in NA prime time and the trend has been clear ever since Elysium opened. 

I wanted to gauge players feelings on removing or freezing AQ gear in order to merge into Elysium within the next couple of months.

I think this is a small price to pay in order to not have our characters go to waste when Anathemas population drops to the point where we can't support raiding guilds.

give anathema players an offer to go onto Elysium, delete what u feel necessary to delete, but for the love of god let our 60's live on like you promised to do when you got given this private server gift population from Nostalrius, which u then inturn betrayed and killed nostalrius like the jedis got kileld in star wars... seriously u guys have no shame...

1 hour ago, problazer said:

I wanted to gauge players feelings on removing or freezing AQ gear in order to merge into Elysium within the next couple of months.

You think BWL will only last 2 months on Elysium??? Try 6-8 months, and then the AQ event, and then you can talk about merging servers, but good luck with that.

Anathema pop going to Elysium will be seen as unfair not only due to AQ but also due to being maxed out with bwl rare drops (dfts, prestors, weapons) but also amount of r13-r14 that would flood Elysium. I'd stomach loosing my AQ gear (preferably having it frozen as i worked for it) but fuck no to loosing rank gear and bwl weapons. What about zg? Enchants, trinkets. 

Honestly its impossible to achieve when you have a "fairness" in mind. It was a fuck up to have 2 servers and now it will be pain to fix no matter how you look at it. Is it fair to mix army of high ranks with AQ gear with MC/bwl starters? No. Is it fair that Anathema playtests shit for Elysium brand while dying slow death and getting dismissed at every turn when voicing the problem? No. 

I personally grow into acceptance that shit won't be fixed cause its too complicated now to do without serious drama. But that doesn't mean I will hold my judgement. 

What was unfair was them releasing Elysium before Nost/Anathema received all of the vanilla content. All that did was rip away players and decrease population from the very start. But back then people were afraid they would be too behind the curve so they jumped ship rather than level up and start raiding with MC/BWL already out. It would have been very easy for new guilds to catch up in the last 7 months and this server could have been thriving waiting the last few weeks/months for Naxx to come out. Fuck all the Elysium fresh fags.

I'd take an MC BiS character if it meant we could transfer to elysium tbh. Need the vanilla community to stick together, different timelines ruin the servers that further ahead. No guild or player wants to join a server thats progressed to a point where they cant catch up.

It's not the gear that I care about, albeit losing it saddens me, but having less and less players to play with / recruit from removes the bustling feeling of the server that nost and Anathema used to have.

Yeah a few of us called this issue of lack of new players when the "fresh" server was announced.    A bit bored at work I was reading through some of those fresh hype post and pulling people's realmplayers.   Crazy how a vocal majority didn't even raid MC on Elysium and havn't played in 3-4 months.

I hope the Legacy Community can finally learn after Kronos and now (though we warned them) Elysium that splitting the community is a BAD THING.

In terms of accounting for player base, and hype trains, it is understandable to have a desire/need for an additional server to limit queues or hardware stress.   However that server should maintain the same patch,  People would still get their fresh start realm yet the raid race would extend an additional tier.  Go find the "it's about the progression" advocates from December post, none still play and didn't make it into/out of MC.  

Once populations level off and is manageable to be on one server, then bring the community together.

A wise man learns from his mistakes.  A wiser man learns from others.  We shouldn't be having this discussion if the latter was followed.

8 hours ago, Undertanker said:

Yeah a few of us called this issue of lack of new players when the "fresh" server was announced.    A bit bored at work I was reading through some of those fresh hype post and pulling people's realmplayers.   Crazy how a vocal majority didn't even raid MC on Elysium and havn't played in 3-4 months.

I hope the Legacy Community can finally learn after Kronos and now (though we warned them) Elysium that splitting the community is a BAD THING.

In terms of accounting for player base, and hype trains, it is understandable to have a desire/need for an additional server to limit queues or hardware stress.   However that server should maintain the same patch,  People would still get their fresh start realm yet the raid race would extend an additional tier.  Go find the "it's about the progression" advocates from December post, none still play and didn't make it into/out of MC.  

Once populations level off and is manageable to be on one server, then bring the community together.

A wise man learns from his mistakes.  A wiser man learns from others.  We shouldn't be having this discussion if the latter was followed.

This

9 hours ago, Undertanker said:

dont u remember when server came back ? 12k pop + 8k queue ? just check old forum threads, everyone was complaining.

what else could they do?  did u really want to play with 10k queue? 
zethkur was retarded but i dont see how a 2nd server couldnt happen tbh

21 minutes ago, paultrouble said:

dont u remember when server came back ? 12k pop + 8k queue ? just check old forum threads, everyone was complaining.

what else could they do?  did u really want to play with 10k queue? 
zethkur was retarded but i dont see how a 2nd server couldnt happen tbh

In terms of accounting for player base, and hype trains, it is understandable to have a desire/need for an additional server to limit queues or hardware stress.   However that server should maintain the same patch, 

Ofc you need to have capacity for players. If we had to wait in 10k queues then we'd loose those 10k players that don't want to wait just as easily as due to reasons we lost players so far. But I remember Nost had like no lag even with 11k online. It only started to kick off and lag very hard at 12k+ at 13k it was becoming nigh unplayable. But thats why they were working on clustering thing. On Elysium there are lags during peak hours at as low as what? 5k? 6k? So far this server... as thankful as I'm for having my char back and finishing the rank grind, getting to raid aq40 but... it devolved... despite pushing its progression a bit further its still regress compared to Nost. 

Nonetheless capacity is one thing but making it irreversible and non-mergeable by making it different timelines is fail at shot calling. Despite what I'm sure were and are good intentions this was wrong decision. And its ok as long as they are able to admit it and act in order to fix it. Thats all I'm asking for. 

Anyway if merge is impossible ever forever period then maybe some action should be taken to make influx of any new players hit Anathema instead Elysium. Maybe by closing char creation for few months on Elysium i dunno.

In retrospect Undertanker hit the nail on the head. At the time of high population post Nostalrius more servers were warranted and the right call. The mistake was starting them as "fresh" progression servers. If the new servers would have been opened at the same patch as Nostalrius/Anathema then the population of each server could easily be controlled by allowing players to transfer, just like Blizzard.

Now it is clear that the leadership of this project have no intentions to prevent Anathema and Darrowshire from slow deaths. Best case scenario they let us transfer our characters over in a year once Elysium has AQ open.

A merge, whatever it takes would really be in the best interest of everybody I would think. I'm worried for anathema's health for even a few more months given how fast people are dropping. It's rough to see guild after guild die or merge. Every guild is losing all reasonable dynamic of stability because of it. Halting aq is a small price to pay to allow us to all be able to have some stability again. At this point the population is low enough we are a fraction of the total pop. Yeah we're more geared but who cares. Continue to speed up progress on elysium and it won't be too long to have a disparity and we can all get to the finish line together.

Merge will not solve any problem , the problem is deeper than this , they should do different way rather than merging , because it will again collapse, it is currently so complicated due to wrong patch and majority of population are inside Elysium .

The problem is they refuse to do single advertising to Anathema , but advertising is nothing more than a simple fog,  they should reverse all the problems they created about this project first , then they should work on merge slowly via same patch .

Freezing Anathema progression will not be the best solution ,  but will be much better to catch Elysium/Darrowshire and then merge them all in 1 .

Anyway , biggest issue they got is their attitude which is destroying the whole project , i am just giving a piece of it :

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/50471-elysium-scripter-is-abusing-item-thunderfury/

The first word he gave about bug reporting was fine , but reading this :

Ah, right... That would ruin the "drama" you want to happen.

This is even worse than Alexensual tried to implement drama about this project , nobody from the Staff should be ever allowed to act like this , else this is one of the project biggest issues they have, big ego and arrogance.

"Just like Crestfall"

/Kind regards Killerduki

How will a merge not solve problems? Elysium + anathema pop would equal old nost pop. Amazing how that works. Effectively the base that isn't burned out is the same a year ago as it is today. Every situation would be more than healthy and given that on anathema there's what like 5 guilds that even can kill cthun (can't keep track since it's one less every week it seems) the level of gear disparity is not that horrible. Rough numbers, anathema has 1k active to elysium's 7. Out of that 1k probably only a quarter are decently aq geared. So 250 actives at any one time. That compared to 7k active. Who cares? No one was whining and complaining that some people from original elysium had 25 agi on their 2h weapon or stuff like that. Merge us please!

1 hour ago, killerduki said:

Ah, right... That would ruin the "drama" you want to happen.

This is even worse than Alexensual tried to implement drama about this project , nobody from the Staff should be ever allowed to act like this , else this is one of the project biggest issues they have, big ego and arrogance.

You should really do a long introspection on yourself and become aware of your behavior and attitude. I kind of remember you from Feenix and even tho many years passed you still do not realize that most of the conflicts you are noticing are the creations of your own distorted psyche.

There is nothing inappropriate in Thari's response.

And to be 'on topic': Advertise it, sign the server on the 'gaming top private servers' websites (without a vote points shop), because the mere fact of having a banner there does not hurt, but on the contrary. Back to the 'old ways', there's no need for fancy videos of the server since most of the players in Classic World of Warcraft are grown ups now.

Meh

If you hate Anathema just roll a new char on Elysium and stfu. There are always 4-5k+ on Elysium because it "fresh" and we didnt start with progression allowed up to AQ40 or Naxx. We like Ely the way it is and that's why we are online. Quit trying to tamper with our realm cause you don't like yours anymore. Our pop is higher than yours so why would they hinder Ely realm to salvage a lesser population realm?

1 hour ago, thadark said:

If you hate Anathema just roll a new char on Elysium and stfu. There are always 4-5k+ on Elysium because it "fresh" and we didnt start with progression allowed up to AQ40 or Naxx. We like Ely the way it is and that's why we are online. Quit trying to tamper with our realm cause you don't like yours anymore. Our pop is higher than yours so why would they hinder Ely realm to salvage a lesser population realm?

Umm your realm exists because our realm was a hit. And now because you are in your realm and not our realm ours is dying. So yeah we can be a little salty about how we are now the red headed step child even though we were the reason for legacy to become more mainstream and popular. And before you tell me to reroll realize that some of us don't live in our mom's basement and don't have the time to fresh level every flavor of the month server.

10 minutes ago, taladril said:

Umm your realm exists because our realm was a hit. And now because you are in your realm and not our realm ours is dying. So yeah we can be a little salty about how we are now the red headed step child even though we were the reason for legacy to become more mainstream and popular. And before you tell me to reroll realize that some of us don't live in our mom's basement and don't have the time to fresh level every flavor of the month server.

That's a rather nasty response there. So you would consider it "fair" for a bunch of new people to have arrived on the old server and have to compete with the pre-existing players who already have top tier gear? To be completely honest, there really isn't anything except bad choices. The way I see it, here are the choices.

1. Stand up only the old Nost server - The older players are happy, the new blood is screwed over. Total population declines.

2. Stand up only a "fresh start" server - Everyone starts off on an even playing field. Older players loose all the progress they have on old Nost.

3. Stand up both the old Nost server and a Fresh Start server - No need to describe the situation since that's what we have.

So, in your own words, describe how you think that option #1 above is better than option #3 above? Because I just don't see it.

@jcochran

9 hours ago, taladril said:

How will a merge not solve problems? Elysium + anathema pop would equal old nost pop. Amazing how that works. Effectively the base that isn't burned out is the same a year ago as it is today. Every situation would be more than healthy and given that on anathema there's what like 5 guilds that even can kill cthun (can't keep track since it's one less every week it seems) the level of gear disparity is not that horrible. Rough numbers, anathema has 1k active to elysium's 7. Out of that 1k probably only a quarter are decently aq geared. So 250 actives at any one time. That compared to 7k active. Who cares? No one was whining and complaining that some people from original elysium had 25 agi on their 2h weapon or stuff like that. Merge us please!

I am not telling merge will not solve problems completely , but currently merge will make it disaster, half of the Elysium population will shrink if the merge happen , neither Anathema will even survive in this standing currently .

This is what i have warned long ago before even this disaster came out and collapse , but for my good will of their disrespect toward me i will suggest them a way to fix this , some of things are already mention and i will repeat :

It is indeed a complex issue and for that they should completely freeze Anathema progression until the other servers like Darrowshire and Elysium catch it with Patches and once they do then the merge should happen .

They should start single advertising Anathema with some nice creative and hype video regarding to AQ , fixes , future naxx soon etc.

They should remove any kind of Timeline for some release , it is destroying them and is part why their project got into this disaster.

They should support streamers and set their pages in the Project main page at least + reform this disaster looking like forum into some sort of Blizzlike creation of old Vanilla fashion way .

An example how their page should look like , this is just example taken by my own Guild Page:

http://theblooders.proboards.com/

They should open new server , fan made for Tournaments only for the people who want to attend into pvp , once per season and mainly for those from Anathema but slowly opening this for other servers when they reach Anathema patch. Something like seasonal tournament for the group/guild of people who sign up etc (something like blizzard do in some minor version of it) "Gurubashi Arena or WSG or AV or AB etc...

They should focus on bug remaining to fix and pay more attention to the already released Raids/Dungeons who have extremely many bugs and abuses but very few of them are reported or even fixed while many stay there under shadows destroying the quality of this project/server .

And so on , people will hype within months/few if everything is done in professional way , but they gotta also clean their disaster Staff which is making this project looking like a joke immaturity (like Asura from Crestfall).

8 hours ago, syS69 said:

You should really do a long introspection on yourself and become aware of your behavior and attitude. I kind of remember you from Feenix and even tho many years passed you still do not realize that most of the conflicts you are noticing are the creations of your own distorted psyche.

There is nothing inappropriate in Thari's response.

And to be 'on topic': Advertise it, sign the server on the 'gaming top private servers' websites (without a vote points shop), because the mere fact of having a banner there does not hurt, but on the contrary. Back to the 'old ways', there's no need for fancy videos of the server since most of the players in Classic World of Warcraft are grown ups now.

Meh

You must be first of all young teen who have no idea about moral and civil values within conversation , i am not expecting for you to understand why Thari response was disaster there for such Project which should be number 1 on top of all projects professional to an limited extend.

Now to answer your view to my Feenix and so on attitude :

You tend to see and read what i am saying , but you tend to ignore and keep in shadow what other talk and how the server ignore this.

Imagine you try to act mature , talk in civil manner about something , open topic about something , open discussion about something new and different view compare to others.

Then you have trolls coming and derail your thread , trolling you , denying and insulting you because they disagree with you completely,  your Topic end up locked / removed because of that.

Now what is worse ? My reaction to the stupidity of Trolls/Admins or the trolls who just destroyed something which could be in a way positive for open minded different point of view ?

Yes my attitude might be very bad in your eyes , but the reason for that are stupidity of immature and unprofessional Staff not doing their job there and instead banning or sanctioning those who talk Offtopic,derailing , they decide to ignore and let trolls shit on you 24/24 , or even worse lock your Topic because of retarded kids!?.

Imagine 300 kids coming there insulting you , using nationalism and racism words against you and then you expect me to act normal?! Ridiculous.

My attitude would never been like that/this if the Admins/Staff of specific project/reddit do their job and not be just a puppets who are laughing behind the scene , none of this insults would or should even exist in these forums .

Only because Admins do the unprofessional way , they first encourage trolls to be even more aggressive , second they encourage this toxic behavior to grow even more.

(mainly answers was for project like Feenix since you decide to look on my past attitude ignoring the reasons behind that)

Just an example for you by this project , similar but not same fashion of how this mistakes happens and behind the scene events :

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/48667-quotes-by-killerduki/

So it's not my attitude , but the project/s mistakes which is creating this sort of negative attitudes by doing what exactly Trolls want.

Last thing , when you go to any Topic, you should stick to the Topic discussion and not about me or some other guy , because every Topic have it's own direction where the conversation should go , talking and derailing toward a person is one of biggest mistakes and counter productive in any sort of Topic or discussion , it is just creating toxic atmosphere.

/Kind regards Kilerduki

20 hours ago, taladril said:

I'm worried for anathema's health for even a few more months given how fast people are dropping.

9 months ago, Ourk said: http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=44614&start=20

My friends and I (who have at least each a lvl 60) think on the long term.

After being initially excited to play our old characters, we believe that the PvP Nostserver is sentenced to death by the opening of the new PvP one
(Elysium).
Because a new player has no interest in creating a character on the old server.
Thus, the influx of new players will be completly picked up by the new PvP server.
Then, the Nost PvP will die with exactly the same symptoms as K1 atm.

Therefore, with great regret and bitterness, my friends and I decided to start over the fresh server.

And finally, we find a shame that it is the players who contributed to the success of Nostalrius who suffer from this decision. It floats in the air a perfume of abandonment.

--

So, i play on Elysium with my friends. I am currently happy but like Taladril, I am worried about Anathema and Darroshire players as members of the community of which they are a part as a whole: the Vanilla private servers community.

It is true that the staff made the wrong decision when opening Elysium then ZK. But now, they should work to fix their errors at least by reassuring these players through announcements and not with censorship. I do not know if it's technically possible but maybe they should open transfers to Elysium from Anathema and Darroshire deleting during this process all the stuff that is beyond the current patch on Elysium.

The ultimate shame is that other teams (eg. Crestfall) are still planning to repeat the same mistake: opening several servers.