Sign in to follow this  
Nailclippers

Defeatist attitude in PvP

So what's up with people just giving up in BG's and the like? 

I've heard people bitching about this on both horde and alliance sides, whether it be premade, or just a BG not ending in 10 minutes/ slightly more resistance than was bargained for.

Not even in retail have I seen it this bad, later versions of retail where everything was given to you. People would stay and atleast try to fight in BGs, even if they were pushed to their last base, they wouldnt just stand around on their mounts and afk..

Is it just all about the gear/rep for people?

I love BGs and pvp, even when losing, but only if my teammates are actually trying to do something...

8 hours ago, Nailclippers said:

Is it just all about the gear/rep for people?

The short answer is that for most people, yes, it is.

It's that some people are selfish and they think their time is worth more than yours.  So they join a bg and watch tv or alt tab and mess around doing something else instead of helping their team.  The more people in a Bg the more it happens.  WSG isn't bad but AB and AV are pretty chronic.  I got berated for berating a guy that has 0 kbs, 1 death and 0 kills after 20 mins of standing around stables with 4 (the other 3 were at least rotating from time to time to get kills) other people when we only had 2 objectives.  

Report them in game, they will get banned eventually.

its simple math, all about getting most Honor /hour . if you play solo, it doesnt matter if you win or loose all thats count is , get a fast loss or win if its a Weekend bonus.

there is no reason for fighting, when you know winning a 40 minute warsong gives less reward then 3 losses in the same time.

AB the same , getting 5 capped from a premade is more honor at AB weekend then fithing a a close 1900/2000 game even if you win. so doing nothing is more efficient to get honor -< which means higher standing every week.

And AV , is hoplessly  :) its more efficient to be the first getting the lotus and afk out then stay 4 hours trying.

I'm AV yes a quick loss is better than dragging it out.  But going AFK in WSG and AB is catastrophically dumb.  I routinely get 4k honor in losses outside AV.  Not to mention doing the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do in a BG makes the player and their guild look bad (and gets you banned if you roll over/go afk).

It's really incredible, you would've thought that people playing a 11 years old game would do it just to have fun and enjoy the game, instead we have a ton of pussies who don't even fight in BG at all if they don't think they can win, because they don't want to "waste" their time for low honor profit.

That's the ugliest form of tryhards to me.

noticing the same dam crap..anytime you try to pvp at night..people love to afk entire games of AB as soon as the other team 3 caps..ussually they all just afk at stables..happened tonight to me in a couple games..both with the same players in em...2 nights in a row this happened makes the games totally unplayable..seems to mostly happen on ally side.they will attempt to cap 3 bases and if they fail to cap 3 they all just run to stables and afk the rest of the dam game.

That's why I stopped playing PVP on Ely.  People never fight back like, for real, they are "losers IRL" and spineless creatures.

2 hours ago, Holykrew said:

That's why I stopped playing PVP on Ely.  People never fight back like, for real, they are "losers IRL" and spineless creatures.

would you expect anything else from NEETs

Why would you try as Alliance? 

I've had games were I saw rankers just plainly refusing to help their pug team mates. Becuz they had another prem to join next game. 

PvP on this server is just trash, that much is clear. It's yet another way were PvE'rs can get their BiS. There is no "PvP"scene as much as there is a get r12/13/14 depending on your class and stop pvping.

It's always the same crybabies complaining on the forum how a quick loss is always better than a longer win. These people are just a bunch of losers who lack the ability to win a game in the first place.  The pugs carry them.

On 01.09.2017 at 1:04 PM, Porta said:

Why would you try as Alliance? 

I've had games were I saw rankers just plainly refusing to help their pug team mates. Becuz they had another prem to join next game. 

PvP on this server is just trash, that much is clear. It's yet another way were PvE'rs can get their BiS. There is no "PvP"scene as much as there is a get r12/13/14 depending on your class and stop pvping.

Well, I wanted to play as horde. But I wouldn't start at all if I knew what happnened.

Join or build up premades and core groups to play for fun - with enough likeminded people in a voice chat you can make it somewhat better

On 9/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, Charax said:

This is why I prefer lower level PvP.  Players generally try to win with no concern/ability for ranking.

The only way to fix this is to change gear to be PvP stat heavy. Lots of stamina, resists, and int, not as much agi, crit, str and spirit. or just remove PvP items altogether so people are actually playing.

We know these won't happen though.

If TBC gets released, PvP in BG's gets several times better since it's actually optimized for PvP and not a treat for PvE shitters

On 7/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, Vollfos said:

its simple math, all about getting most Honor /hour . if you play solo, it doesnt matter if you win or loose all thats count is , get a fast loss or win if its a Weekend bonus.

there is no reason for fighting, when you know winning a 40 minute warsong gives less reward then 3 losses in the same time.

AB the same , getting 5 capped from a premade is more honor at AB weekend then fithing a a close 1900/2000 game even if you win. so doing nothing is more efficient to get honor -< which means higher standing every week.

And AV , is hoplessly  :) its more efficient to be the first getting the lotus and afk out then stay 4 hours trying.

Whats the point of pvp gear if you're not gonna pvp? You dont need gear to afk better

6 hours ago, Justme said:

Whats the point of pvp gear if you're not gonna pvp? You dont need gear to afk better

using it in pve.

14 hours ago, Holykrew said:

And die again and again in the Blackrock Mountain.

guess you dont like pve, but some ppl enjoy that part of the game, while they dont like battlegrounds.

personally i wish they wouldnt have released battlegrounds at the start of the game. just adding wsg in a later patch. would have been way more fun in worldpvp (not only horde rankers running around, but also alliance).

BGs PvP on this server is simply DEAD. 

Ally side: vs PM - they will kick your ass quick and its over; vs PUG if your team start lose they just AFK and do nothing. 10% of all matches will be good even if you lose, all other just... trash.

Horde side: First you will wait for 10-15 mins. vs PM - same as ally; vs PUG your teammates sometimes wanna win cause next time they'll wait for 15 mins until next match and most important it can be aganist PM, so it will be a huge waste of time. 15 mins - quick lose - another 15 mins. So they will not drop the game so easly. 

These situation is just sht and not good. Devs need start do something about it. 

The ranking system in Vanilla is so hardcore that people have to PVP far too much, resulting in burnout.

The enjoyment of PVPing quickly disappears and it simply becomes a chore where losing fast makes the time you spend more valuable than tryharding.

Blame the game, not the players.

On 08.09.2017 at 11:52 AM, flowqz said:

guess you dont like pve, but some ppl enjoy that part of the game, while they dont like battlegrounds.

personally i wish they wouldnt have released battlegrounds at the start of the game. just adding wsg in a later patch. would have been way more fun in worldpvp (not only horde rankers running around, but also alliance).

I do not like people who go AFK in BG because "They are stronger". You are not even trying to beat then ffs...That's kind of people I hate in PVP on Elysium.

People go "wahh premades" all the time and don't even try and it would seem like premades really do cause this defeatist attitude right?

Then you go into Winterspring or Dire Maul and try to do some world pvp against other 60s, 1v1. And you'll have mages stand still and /clap and /sigh while you, a warrior, kill them. When you could easily be solod by any old level 58+ mage because you're not even wearing your pvp trinket while farming/going for a dungeon.

And then you realize: most people just dont like pvp. It has nothing to do with premades. Some people just don't seem to be aware that you can fight back. This is why the "make your own premade" argument is always shot down by these people. They literally cannot fathom it.

10 hours ago, Holykrew said:

I do not like people who go AFK in BG because "They are stronger". You are not even trying to beat then ffs...That's kind of people I hate in PVP on Elysium.

thats the dumb part about "forcing" ppl to do battlegrounds for rewards. worldpvp honorgain is way to small compared to bgs. but i guess thats blizzards fault, which never got changed.