Ashteloren

Let's admit it: a fresh server is now the only way for Elysium to survive...

there's alot of publicity good or bad w/e but a fresh server will draw new / old players which u can just merge if it fails. Another thing blizzcon wont say anything about legacy servers hence more players will look for a fresh

I don't think I'd continue on a server where I know the economy is screwed up because of this mess.  I'd rather start anew and at least have some sense that things were equal among players again.

To be honest, if there isn't a fresh server I might bail as well.  Very disappointed.  I had such high hopes for Elysium.

Umm.. its obvious everyone wants a new server.

No one will play old Elysium.

Might as well announce it now, sooner the better. 

Excited for a fresh start.

Still thankful.

16 hours ago, killerduki said:

Those who want or tend to tell Fresh server are actually those who want Elysium dead. No thanks , if the majority of those who want Fresh in LH preaching because it was solely LH idea for it, they should ask for it there, Elysium should remain on it's values regardless of what many falsehood justified this situation.

Moving forward to TBC is best decision and everyone  want to play on their Character and move forward to TBC instead of being a fresh kid every single year.

If Elysium go fresh , it will die within few days. And nobody wants to have this , because it's false illusion that majority wants fresh.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Not even a single player will come back from lights hope. They progressed there. You'll have less than 100 online when the servers come up and people at Light's Hope will laugh at you. Then you'll see hundreds of trolls in this forum making jokes about how you failed. They want to see you fail, and they will see you fail if you continue with the old servers.

You think LH's idea is a fresh server but no, whitekidney said they are not thinking about it before things go smooth for the old servers.

The only thing out of this mess for Crooge and Shenna is a fresh server. Only one PvP server named something like "Rebirth". This way staff and players will focus on one server and it can be successful.

Make a poll on here/reddit if you wanna see how many people will come to a fresh server. Everybody likes the race to 60.

i want a fresh server at nax patch. to hell with the progression meme. leveling is more fun in 1.12 and it would be more interesting to see which guild can clear which raid first when they haven't had 6 months to farm each one.

I do not understand how changing the server means anything.  Are you referring to a new physical box, or a new realm name, or both?

I'll go back to Elysium in a minute and think nothing of it.

1 hour ago, timk said:

I do not understand how changing the server means anything.  Are you referring to a new physical box, or a new realm name, or both?

I'll go back to Elysium in a minute and think nothing of it.

Well he is arguing that the majority of Elysium population moved to Light's Hope after the data transfer, and it's likely that very few will return once this is eventually up and running, so the only way to get some amount of activity is through a fresh realm.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, killerduki said:

Those who want or tend to tell Fresh server are actually those who want Elysium dead. No thanks , if the majority of those who want Fresh in LH preaching because it was solely LH idea for it, they should ask for it there, Elysium should remain on it's values regardless of what many falsehood justified this situation.

Moving forward to TBC is best decision and everyone  want to play on their Character and move forward to TBC instead of being a fresh kid every single year.

If Elysium go fresh , it will die within few days. And nobody wants to have this , because it's false illusion that majority wants fresh.

/Kind regards Killerduki

so everybody here is saying they want a fresh server and you say its not what everybody really wants? lol sorry but WHO THE FUCK are you again? 

My 2 cents:
I've moved to LH like everybody else, its been over a week already and server capacity its bigger, server is not laggy like elysium was, and its pretty stable, why would anybody come back? The only thing that would make the players come back is offering something different: F R E S H server either vanilla or tbc, maybe both.

Also rebrand/rename/relaunch. People dont want to be reminded they are playing a server run by kids who cant deal with internal issues without affecting the community.

P.D: Fuck you killerduki, dont try to speak in the name of the community when the community is speaking.

3 hours ago, lefthook said:

P.D: Fuck you killerduki, dont try to speak in the name of the community when the community is speaking.

It's funny how suddenly majority of the fresh server screechers are newly created accounts with less than 50 posts.

Next time you gotta try harder talking in the name of community , with someone throwing at least some valid opinion with his history of at least 50 posts .

/Kind regards Killerduki

54 minutes ago, killerduki said:

It's funny how suddenly majority of the fresh server screechers are newly created accounts with less than 50 posts.

Next time you gotta try harder talking in the name of community , with someone throwing at least some valid opinion with his history of at least 50 posts .

/Kind regards Killerduki

lol so your opinion is valid because you been lurking around for longer? fuck your opinion, fuck mine, open a poll and let the community decide 

10 hours ago, lefthook said:

lol so your opinion is valid because you been lurking around for longer? fuck your opinion, fuck mine, open a poll and let the community decide 

Yeah the same Hypetrain that accuse Elysium of corruption and the same Hypetrain that will die few weeks after release....

Someone gotta be insane to do such disaster decision.

/Kind regards Killerduki

A new realm could actually be the best solution in the current situation. It has always been a burden to manage so many different realms with different progress , different release dates and stuff. Killing (or letting die) the old servers and launching a new one, while not making the same mistakes again, COULD stabilize, retain and save Elysiums future. But it for sure wont make it grow, i dont see any hype there

I am inclined to agree that the Elysium Project as it was is dead.  The bulk of the players seem to be WoW junkies who don't care who hosts their servers as long as they get to play for free.  For myself, I can't see going to LH since I regard its founders as both thieves and vandals.  I don't believe those people have the moral high ground they claimed in order to justify their actions.  I was reading a Nostalrius thread which had a plea to Elysium to stop using the database they received from Nostalrius when they passed the baton.  I suspect the reason is that, by handing Elysium the Nostalrius database, they violated the cease and desist order and have provided Blizzard with legal recourse to sue individuals.  I myself have played Vanilla, TBC and Wrath.  I found I liked Vanilla the best although there are aspects of TBC and Wrath that I miss.  It would probably be too great an undertaking but I would like to see a Vanilla flavored Wrath.  TBC made some things simpler and Wrath made a few more things simpler but, overall kept the basic play intact.  You still found stuff that was useful at each level which concept was destroyed by Cata+.  The other servers out there have added a lot of content to simplify the game which, in turn, attracts the kind of people that drove me away from retail in the first place.  A Vanilla flavored Wrath would give you a Vanilla experience all the way up to 80 which might be attractive to folks who like old-school WoW.  If the project wants to create gold sellers to generate revenue to support the servers, I have no problem with that.  The original retail game had gold-sellers so 'big whoop'.  I, myself prefer to just play the game, rez if I'm not careful, and enjoy what drops.  It makes the really good drops, rare as they are, special and exciting.  Perhaps a module could be created to artificially generate an AH which could contribute more or less to the number of items available depending upon the server population.  As the population grows, the module's contribution recedes.  It's a pipe dream, I know.  I wish the folks at Elysium well and my thanks for allowing me to enjoy Vanilla again if only for a little while.

5 hours ago, Khasar said:

For myself, I can't see going to LH since I regard its founders as both thieves and vandals.

Ahaahahah.  Oh my god.  But almost a year of exploitation and playerbase abuse at every conceivable level is cool.  Get outta' town, man.

Biggest thing they can do at this point, is show a heart beat. I have been waiting patiently for the servers to come back up, every post makes it sound like it will be soon. Maybe my definition of soon is different. Oh well will tap my feet waiting a bit longer.

В 10/28/2017 в 18:08, Khasar сказал:

For myself, I can't see going to LH since I regard its founders as both thieves and vandals.  I don't believe those people have the moral high ground they claimed in order to justify their actions.

ok man, if WC just copy data, run his server and say about this situation on reddit or other platform and this forum too... What server did you select? Elysium or LH? And 90% other players?

After your answer look in a mirror and say who is a liar

On 10/26/2017 at 5:43 AM, orwell said:

Not even a single player will come back from lights hope. They progressed there. You'll have less than 100 online when the servers come up and people at Light's Hope will laugh at you. Then you'll see hundreds of trolls in this forum making jokes about how you failed. They want to see you fail, and they will see you fail if you continue with the old servers.

You think LH's idea is a fresh server but no, whitekidney said they are not thinking about it before things go smooth for the old servers.

The only thing out of this mess for Crooge and Shenna is a fresh server. Only one PvP server named something like "Rebirth". This way staff and players will focus on one server and it can be successful.

Make a poll on here/reddit if you wanna see how many people will come to a fresh server. Everybody likes the race to 60.

poll is open you should vote 

17 hours ago, account1 said:

What server did you select? Elysium or LH? And 90% other players?

Elysium , because they didn't steal anybody's work and were legit owners of the Project that was stolen by force from them.

/Kind regards Killerduki

1 hour ago, killerduki said:

Elysium , because they didn't steal anybody's work and were legit owners of the Project that was stolen by force from them.

/Kind regards Killerduki

ur always welcome back to LH if u change ur mind

11 hours ago, killerduki said:

/Kind regards Killerduki

Ignoring the fact that Nostalrius came out and said they couldn't condone Elysium's actions.  They went so far as to say it was a betrayal, more or less.  Your good guys deceived their benefactors, in essence stealing Nostalrius' code to use as a cash scam, completely betraying the purpose and spirit of the code and database transfer.

If that isn't theft to you, you're morally retarded and have a scrambled brain and/or soul.

8 hours ago, cybaster said:

Ignoring the fact that Nostalrius came out and said they couldn't condone Elysium's actions.  They went so far as to say it was a betrayal, more or less.  Your good guys deceived their benefactors, in essence stealing Nostalrius' code to use as a cash scam, completely betraying the purpose and spirit of the code and database transfer.

If that isn't theft to you, you're morally retarded and have a scrambled brain and/or soul.

Betraying is not theft , stealing is theft.

Everyone betray , including Crestfall , even Nostalrius did betray (they was not shut down by blizz , they was shut down on their own will) .

Talking about betrayals is like talking about kids who didn't got their promised candy's by mom because they wasn't following but promised if they follow. (Ridiculous thing).

/Kind regards Killerduki

20 hours ago, killerduki said:

/Kind regards Killerduki

But the betrayal of trust by Shenna and Crogge far exceeds whatever LH did. At least there is a thread of logic to what Whitekidney did, to remove the hands of the project from those who were abusing their position, for the betterment of the community.

The only people that this project can appeal to are those who want a fresh server (sadly the dumbest type of people). Good luck to EP.

1 hour ago, Amph said:

to remove the hands of the project from those who were abusing their position, for the betterment of the community.

What makes ppl think LH would make it any better?

Ive never been an Elysium fanboy, Ive always been sceptical and did not believe in the staffs ambitions. But Whitekidney does not offer you a solution, but the same sht with only 1 difference: he is in charge now.